• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most badass move/skill in sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realeza

Banned
Fighting/MMA has a bunch of badass moves, but I'm gonna give it to football's bicycle kick. Landing a goal with one of this must be the best feeling in the world. My favorite of all time is Rivaldo's version:

Rivaldo_bicicleta_final.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCwxlyN3B0E

Credits to Zlatan's too:

sJNV7-.gif

Slam dunk on a defender. It demoralizes the other player (sometimes permanently), gets the crowd crazy, and it's something most humans can't even come close to doing.

Nothing gets me pumped like seeing a running back absolutely plow over/stiff arm dudes in his way. I used to play RB on offense in high school, and it was always incredibly hard to bust off a run going straight through the line of scrimmage.

This is my favorite play in all of NFL history. Me being a Hawks fan is only a plus. I would've geeked out for this no matter which team it was.

6uJo.0.gif

But dunking on someone always gets me out of my seat as well

knightball.gif

Scottie1_original.gif

First, the GOAT:

Lue literally looks like a child the moment before AI steps over him. Sonned in every sense of the word. Also any good cross really:

Boxing is my fave but I'll go down a rabbit hole if I start looking for GIFs and I don't wanna do that. Someone get some PBF in this thread, please.

Shattering the backboard.

shattered-backboard-gif.gif

I had an NBA book when I was a kid that had a frame-by-frame analysis of Darryl Dawkins shattering a board and I used to think it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

giphy.gif

Any and everything Pavel Datsyuk did:

6-datsyuk-break-away-goal-pavel-datsyuk-gifs.gif

Signature deke. What makes this difficult is that he's cutting his skate angle into the opposite direction on the opposite foot.

28-datsyuk-shootout-goal-khl-lockout-pavel-datsyuk-gifs.gif

8-datsyuk-shootout-flip-pavel-datsyuk-gifs.gif

30-datsyuk-spin-o-rama-vs-stars-pavel-datsyuk-gifs.gif

Spin-o-rama

27-datsyuk-goal-vs-bruins-pavel-datsyuk-gifs.gif

This one is a little hard to pick up at first, but Datsyuk pulls the puck behind him through his legs in front and scores a goal...

Mimosa97

This is still one of the craziest things I've ever witnessed. I just stood up when it happened and yelled for like 20 seconds, alone in my apartment. I basically turned into KG from that gif.

Do you know that it basically ruined that guy's life/career back in France ?

I didn't follow the french national team back then but I knew the guy just because of that dunk.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Nothing gets me pumped like seeing a running back absolutely plow over/stiff arm dudes in his way. I used to play RB on offense in high school, and it was always incredibly hard to bust off a run going straight through the line of scrimmage.

This is my favorite play in all of NFL history. Me being a Hawks fan is only a plus. I would've geeked out for this no matter which team it was.

6uJo.0.gif

But dunking on someone always gets me out of my seat as well

knightball.gif

Scottie1_original.gif

He killed a man on that dunk. He died!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom