• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most badass move/skill in sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldMan

Banned
LeBron's arsenal alone has the top 3 moves in no order
1. Tomahawk Jam
2. Chase down block
3. Fadeaway/catapult shot

OP delivered. First thing I thought of was the bicycle kick. Always wanted to be able to do that as a kid but I knew I'd probably get paralyzed on my first try.

Still my favorite dunk.

tumblr_ntlbeu62IY1sdrzr5o1_400.gif

Loxley

Triple plays are still a thing of beauty, and one of my favorite displays of actual teamwork in any team-sport:

sOAOwGW.gif

xBInnpo.gif

duv2tp2.gif

The way the camera zooms between the bases is so hype.

jdstorm

Banned
Most Badass https://youtu.be/_wkgWYl1vDI

Ricky Ponting vs West Indies 1996. Scores 102 against a prime west indies pace attack without a helmet. Keep in mind playing professional Cricket without a helmet is now Illegal as getting hit in the head by the ball can and will kill a person.

Edit: Also anyone got a .gif of the JR Smith ingame 360 alleyoop. That was insane. One of the best dunks ever.

I'm very partial to the Quaresma outside-boot curler, but only ever seen it in Youtube compilations. Not very common at all, unfortunately.

Dunno why, must be better and easier to execute than some players using their weak foot.

Maximus P

The control that a good skateboarder has over its board is mind blowing to me. For reference here is Rodney Mullen :

giphy.gif

There are a few things in this thread I've done or seen done by amateurs. (Bicycle kick, Scorpio Kick, Knee down on a motorcycle, Slam Dunks etc, but I skated for 10 years and I never saw anyone in person that came close to the stuff that Rodney Mullen can pull off.

I could only dream of puling off just a fraction of his moves.

tumblr_o5uz2rLT061s3md61o2_r1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom