• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most badass move/skill in sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nm3gt0kYno1u7q0qeo1_400.gif

The reading, timing, precision.

Afro

Hot Sauce from And1 streetball. Best handles of all-time. Pretty much every move he invented, but especially these:

7y1RNlO.gif

12NuRY9.gif

2t384.gif

JuGSjHz.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sublimely Magnificent Jecht Shot Mark III

It's snooker so it won't mean anything to most of US-GAF but Ronnie O'Sullivan potting just one red and a black before asking the ref what the prize money was for a maximum break is as baller as it gets. As was scoring a 146 instead of 147 because the £10,000 prize money wasn't high enough.

The One Punch KO in any given martial art, be it boxing or MMA, is always so cool.

All the ritual and circumstance of a big fight, only to be ended in one huge blow. It's badass, if a bit anticlimactic.

Kerri Strug nailing the landing on her vault for the gold - WITH A BROKEN ANKLE

pPH2yt7.gif

Ok it turned out her ankle was only severely strained with tendon damage, but c'mon!

amanset

Kerri Strug nailing the landing on her vault for the gold - WITH A BROKEN ANKLE

pPH2yt7.gif

Ok it turned out her ankle was only severely strained with tendon damage, but c'mon!

Bert Trautmann played in goal for the winning team in the 1956 FA Cup in England. He finished the game with a broken neck.

In the 75th minute, Trautmann, diving at an incoming ball, was knocked out in a collision with Birmingham's Peter Murphy in which he was hit in the neck by Murphy's right knee. No substitutes were permitted in those days, so Trautmann, dazed and unsteady on his feet, carried on. For the remaining 15 minutes he defended his net, making a crucial interception to deny Murphy once more. Manchester City held on for the victory, and Trautmann was the hero because of his spectacular saves in the last minutes of the match. Trautmann admitted later that he had spent the last part of the match "in a kind of fog".

His neck continued to cause him pain, and Prince Philip commented on its crooked state as he gave Trautmann his winner's medal.[34] Trautmann attended that evening's post-match banquet despite being unable to move his head,[35] and went to bed expecting the injury to heal with rest. As the pain did not recede, the following day he went to St George's Hospital, where he was told he merely had a crick in his neck which would go away.[36] Three days later, he got a second opinion from a doctor at Manchester Royal Infirmary. An X-ray revealed he had dislocated five vertebrae, the second of which was cracked in two.[36][37] The third vertebra had wedged against the second, preventing further damage which could have cost Trautmann his life.

Hopeford

4by7qlcmahex.gif

Context:

He's saying that to himself during the epee olympics finals. He's down 14-10(that's match point). In Epee, a double hit means both sides get a point, meaning Park had to get 5 points in a row to win.

And he went on to make the most amazing fencing comeback in Olympic history, winning Korea their first gold in Epee I believe.

To me this is super badass because being down 14-10 in an Olympic final and still having the balls to tell yourself that you can win is seriously admirable.

giga

Jordan pump faking and then not driving to the rim or shooting the j was such a slap to the face. He wanted to see your face after making you look a fool in front of everyone.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

weshes195

This GIF's gonna get some mileage in future Trump threads

Mine goes to Ali's dodges

LRZwzN5.gif

This is and will always be the coolest thing I will see in a fight. The dude is LITERALLY doing anime dodges.

Seriously look at anime like Dragonball z and then look at that right there. Except this is 100 times more badass as, not only he doesn't have powers, but he is literally cornered with nowhere to backup to and STILL teasing his opponent.

The undeniable badass in human form.

Metalgus

Banned
The control that a good skateboarder has over its board is mind blowing to me. For reference here is Rodney Mullen :

giphy.gif

I don't have a gif but I'd have to say it's in American football when the ballcarrier hurdles over a defender and lands on their feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom