• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most clever/funniest usernames you've encountered online?

The first time I saw "My mother has" or "Your mother has" I was very amused :lol :lol :lol

It was in Counter Strike, so every time the player killed somebody it'd be like "my mother has" killed Sohter.Nura or smth like that.

Then a ton of people started using and I was no longer amused.

More for the European members.

I'd regularly come across this guy on street fighter 4:

Obafemi Martins.

I don't know what it made me laugh so much. Either it's him and he has to have his gamertag be nice and proper or it's a delusional fan who worships him.

Love it.

Soule

haha this thread made me search for liu kang baking a pie :lol

making the pie burnt was a great move too lol

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Some paladin I saw a ways back when I played named "Healforafeel"

Loxley

There have been countless clever WoW Guild/arena team names over the years, one of my favorites (that really only people who have played through Burning Crusade content will probably get) was a two-man arena team called "Didn't get into Kara". Makes me chuckle to this day :lol

I...also had a Death Knight names Corncrispies.

10,000 nerd cred to any animation geeks who can tell me what cartoon that's a reference to ;)

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Idiethendieagain on MAG. he was actually quite good too. I liked it because mst guys pick ID's to show off how awesome they are and how they pwn kids left right and centre, so seeing that was kinda cute.

Haunted

Wow, this thread just made me realise what 2 Minutes Turkish is a reference to.

Some lurker thinking of applying should request 5 Minutes Turkish now.

ZZMitch

I am pretty sure I ran into someone named 'Just a Box' in CoD4 MP

And people used to laugh at my old gamertag in CoD... ClaymoreCupcake

brb bowflexin

I don't know why it was so funny. It probably had something to do with my friends and I playing L4D at 2 in the morning, but we couldn't stop laughing. 3 of us sitting there waiting for a pubby for like 10 minutes and BAM! brb bowflexin.

Recently playing HoN and someone joined the game called "TheBrownSlot" and immediately slotted himself to the brown slot in the lobby :lol

Many years ago I happened upon a player named Harry Potter's Teenage Mustache. I found that amusing enough that I still remember it.

Ducarmel

I guess its clever but racist anyway.

There is a dude on gwl i saw a while ago named NeadDiggers on SFIV got 2 perfects on him he replied to me saying I was the best Zangief player he ever faced. Then told him I'm black then blocked him after.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
coochiepuddin (best part, this was a 12 year old boy)
Kittens and Ponies
Super Cat AIDS
CHAINSAW

I must of laughed over that Kittens and Ponies name for months. It works on so many levels.

And I know CHAINSAW isn't a very funny name. It's just that, when you meet the person that holds that name. You'll fuckin' know why it's funny. He's absolutely MAD. Full blown, veitnam vet, fucking mad. He is by far the most unintentionally hilarious person i've ever met on live. You meet a dude like this and think he's fucking around. But this motha fucka was serious. He was obsessed with knifing dudes in Modern Warfare from the grass and bushes. He would literally crawl around in the grass just waiting and mumbling inane shit. It was amazing. When he would jump out he scream HRAAAAALL GOTCHA N****. Ohh god i wish i could play with him again.

also i know i should post my name, besides it's just a random simpsons reference but I go by the name A Fridge To Far on XBL. The other day I was sitting in a NBA 2k10 lobby and some random guy goes "hey fatty" and I was like wut? he goes "hey fatty I gotta movie for ya" in full voice and everything. And i still don't get it because he's doing the voice perfectly and so casually. "it's called a fridge too faar". Dude fuckin' got me with my own reference.

Piano

Banned
JayDub said:
On TF2 there's a clan called [STD], and each member has a name of an STD, like Genital Warts, Syphillis.

I've only ever seen one of them play at the same time...maybe its just one person.

Anyways, whats the most clever/funniest usernames you've encountered online?
Holy shit....way, way back freshman year of high school I was part of an [STD] clan in Counter Strike: Source. I was Chlamydia...

mm04

I played Ultima Online at launch, and the memory of running into someone named Sir Apeshit for the first time still makes me laugh.

Hung Wei Lo

I know it's potentially borrowed from Arrested Development, but I had a family in my Guild Wars guild Bob, Barb, and Bub Loblaw

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
When I played UT 99/2003/2004, I used to play as news anchors:

NBC_Tom_Browkaw
NBC_Matt_Lauer
NBC_Al_Roker

good times

Pulgo1

GasProblem said:
On WoW, guild named <BiteThePillowImGoingInDry> :lol

I lol'd so hard at this. I'm going to steal it and use it everywhere. I might use it as my band name. We play at churches.

Boney

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
qn3ceg.gif

2d1n61t.gif

I just wanted an excuse to post a Chavo gif.
You missed Kike!

Top Bottom