• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most disturbing characters in all gaming?

The Master - the primary antagonist of Fallout 1
latest

greatest horror design ever,
from the body that's a fucked up droopy mess of mutated flesh that's fused itself with the vaults technology,
and the voice that haunts my nightmares, seriously listen to this shit (fallout spoilers).

Kain

Kusaregedo from Samurai Shodown V

kusa-barf.gif

kusa-eat.gif

Apparently he is a guy who became a cannibal in life and was condemned to become a cannibal demon by the gods or something. He specially liked to eat children. The Samurai Shodown series is known for some of their twisted characters, but yeah, I don't know what were they thinking with this one.

Giygas from EarthBound.

It__s_Giygas_by_RiboZurai.gif

Giygas_TV.gif

Shigesato Itoi said:
Itoi: Basically, Giygas is something you can’t make sense of, you know? But there’s also a part to him that’s like a living being that deserves love. That part is the breast of Hisako Tsukuba from “The Military Policeman and the Dismembered Beauty”. (NOTE: you can see a summary of this movie here)

– ……Huh?

Itoi: The breast of Hisako Tsukuba from “The Military Policeman and the Dismembered Beauty“.

– I’m sorry, I’m not quite sure what that is…

Itoi: I don’t think anyone would be.

– What are you referring to?

Itoi: Trauma.

– Trauma? Yours?

Itoi: Yes. When I was a kid, I accidentally saw the wrong movie at a theater. It was a Shin-Toho movie titled “The Military Policeman and the Dismembered Beauty”.

After I saw it, I went back home and was silent and just really out of it. I had received such a big shock that I worried my parents. After all, a lady had been raped. By a river. In the movie. When the guy grabbed her breast really hard, it got distorted into this ball shape. It all hit me really hard. It was a direct attack to my brain.

– When you were a little boy?

Itoi: When I was a little boy.

In other words, there was this sense of terror having atrocity and eroticism side-by-side, and that’s what Giygas’ lines at the end are. During the end, he says, “It hurts,” right? That’s… her breast. It’s like, how do I put it, a “living-being” sensation.
http://earthboundcentral.com/2008/02/shigesato-itoi-giygas-and-boobies/

So many pictures without the name of the game, as always.

When I am king this will be punishable by an irrationally severe sentence.

Muchacho

Ghost baby in the original Silent Hill scared that crap outta me.

4_21_06_48.jpg

Scuzzlebutt was pretty freeky in Ski Free

b70f7286ccf721dbd343aea9c00a28f1.jpg

JSoup

Banned
The Master - the primary antagonist of Fallout 1
latest

greatest horror design ever,
from the body that's a fucked up droopy mess of mutated flesh that's fused itself with the vaults technology,
and the voice that haunts my nightmares, seriously listen to this shit (fallout spoilers).

I get your point, but it's hard to find it scary when you realize who the voice actors are. Then it's just a matter of "oh, work of his that I've never seen!"

Top Bottom