• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most Kills

ultron87

I started Prototype today and played for about two hours.

I then checked my stats and noticed I had killed somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 people (military/pedestrians/whatever). That's an average of ten kills every minute. That seems pretty damn high. That made me start trying to think of other games that match or surpass that level of sustained carnage.

The only game I can think of that easily beats Prototype (and most other games I'd imagine) is Defcon, where the entire game is about nuking cities so you kill tens of millions of people every game.

I imagine there are games where you destroy planets and whatnot, but I imagine that is a fairly rare occurence in most games. Though I guess killing several billion people just once in a game is going to make its average kills over time still pretty high.

DogWelder

Crackdown is like that when you are not free-roaming.

Actually, even more so in the Keys to the City DLC if you have certain settings on.

ultron87

RockmanWhore said:
I'd really like to see some stats like that for games like Contra or Gunstar Heroes

Yeah, now that I think of it, most shmups have pretty high kill counts.

Like in Raiden Fighters you are shooting down squadrons and squadrons of fighters and bombers and whatnot. If you consider pilots and crew for every one of those you are easily killing a hell of a lot of people per level.

CTLance

There are some settings ("cheats") in Saints Row 2 where all pedestrians and cardrivers aggro you. I guess if you turn them on and survive long enough for police and FBI to joind the fray, then 600 people in two hours will be friggen peanuts.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I believe shmups wouldn't really fit into what's being proposed but you do shoot and kill many, many enemies by minute in them.

A more curious mention would be Katamari Damacy. It has a very high kill count too, all of those animals and people die be it by being crushed to death while being rolled or by asphyxiation when they are sent to space.

Edit: damn you, Forkball! Beaten by seconds.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Also, what about Geometry Wars? You kill a bunch of enemies in that game. Craploads depending on skill.

dejan

024_02_nuclear_war_map.jpg

Sciz

The Serious Sam series comes to mind, from a straightforward "player vs. individual enemies" standpoint.

Johann

My personal record goes to Galactic Civilization 2. My Korath jihad was just shy of a trillion in a Immense size map.

ultron87 said:
I started Prototype today and played for about two hours.

I then checked my stats and noticed I had killed somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 people (military/pedestrians/whatever). That's an average of ten kills every minute.

hour long tutorial? yikes.

ToxicAdam

I was going to say Loaded (PS1 game), but looking at old youtube vids and there were barely any enemies on the screen.

Memory fail.

Top Bottom