• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MotorStorm @ E3 Playable!!!

TheDuce22

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
You haven't even seen the bitch in motion yet.:lol

This is from another forum.

From that website.

I would sure as fuck hope it looks better than this in motion. :lol :lol

144680656_7d25d76f0c.jpg

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Gek54 said:
We all know MotorStorm, Where is Grand Raid Offroad for 360? Or did we forget about that one entirely?

I sure did... Thanks for reminding me. Is it a no-show @ E3?

grofpc016.jpg
grofpc022.jpg

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
sharukins said:
dude seriously ur amazing. any game (mostly PS3) games you manage to find hands on impression from websites i didnt even know existed and thier ALL positive. and then a post below and hear its OK.

Do you google?

I found that on B3D. Google News is handy, for sure, though, you should try it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
stressboy said:
I don't think he needs to.

So we base games from video taped screen stills now?:lol

Come on man at least wait until we see it in motion first.

mrwilt

DarienA said:
MotorStorm is this generations... ah crap what's the name of that offroad racer that when you hit the barrier at the end of the large open area you'd get knocked WAAAAAAAY up in the air?

Motocross Madness from Rainbow Studios?

PhatSaqs

Banned
sharukins said:
dude seriously ur amazing. any game (mostly PS3) games you manage to find hands on impression from websites i didnt even know existed and thier ALL positive. and then a post below and hear its OK.

Do you google?
:lol

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
DaCocoBrova said:
I sure did... Thanks for reminding me. Is it a no-show @ E3?

Thanks for posting these Coco I had no idea which title he was referring to... and yeah I'd forgotten ALL bout that one...

mckmas8808

sharukins said:

Do you google?

WTH games have you seen him post about that is great, then the next person says it's okay? Come on man face it the playable games at E3 for the PS3 seems fun to lots of people.

Anyone who thought they would match the "cockpit" view in the trailers is obviously a moron. There is only on part in that whole trailer that even resembled gameplay and it's a about 2 seconds long. If you dissapoint by it not matching that you need to grow a brain.

Flo_Evans

I really think you guys are missing the big picture here. Track deformation like this has NEVER been done in realtime before.

You are also trying to judge texture quality from what looks to be a CELL PHONE shot.

sharukins

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
WTH games have you seen him post about that is great, then the next person says it's okay? Come on man face it the playable games at E3 for the PS3 seems fun to lots of people.

I know but he should make the same effort to find 360 games. there were hardly any show floor screens of 360 from E3 yesterday

DarienA

Flo_Evans said:
I really think you guys are missing the big picture here. Track deformation like this has NEVER been done in realtime before.

You are also trying to judge texture quality from what looks to be a CELL PHONE shot.

But... but... $499/$599!!!!!!

mckmas8808

Flo_Evans said:

Flo I feel you. A lot of people in here understand where you are coming from. Some people just don't want to hear you (or me) right now.

Mark Gonzales said:
Anyone who thought they would match the "cockpit" view in the trailers is obviously a moron. There is only on part in that whole trailer that even resembled gameplay and it's a about 2 seconds long. If you dissapoint by it not matching that you need to grow a brain.

But at the sametime it's not like the game is coming out next week either. You have to remember this dev team probably just received final dev kits 3 weeks ago. Remember how X360 games changed after devs received final kits?

Well think that just to a little lesser exstint.

DarienA said:

Honestly, the price isn't a big deal outside of GAF (and the internet as a whole)

I work at EB, and on tuesday, we got calls non stop about PS3 pre orders, etc...I think ive said this before on gaf, but i asked each person that talked about PS3 on tuesday, and pretty much all of them said theyre getting the $599 version.

Me? Im a senior in high school, and i'm going to be able to afford a $499 PS3, with saving ~$40 a paycheck.

Flo_Evans

DarienA said:

so? I mean you have all these people bitching that next gen is just a graphic upgrade with the same old gameplay, then someone shows something that is simply not possible with current tech - and all you hear is YAR HAR BLURR! OH LOOK SOME ONE SHIT ON MY SCREEN!

DarienA

tsp_gatmog said:
Honestly, the price isn't a big deal outside of GAF (and the internet as a whole)

I work at EB, and on tuesday, we got calls non stop about PS3 pre orders, etc...I think ive said this before on gaf, but i asked each person that talked about PS3 on tuesday, and pretty much all of them said theyre getting the $599 version.

Me? Im a senior in high school, and i'm going to be able to afford a $499 PS3, with saving ~$40 a paycheck.

What surprised me yesterday is that when I text'd two of my friends who are gamers who are just getting by financially(that's not a knock on them they are great guys I just happen to know their financial situations because we've talked about all kinds of stuff over the years) and they acted like the $499/$599 wasn't a big deal at ALL to them... I was shocked when I got their text messages back about it. I expected them both to be like f*ck that, no way in hell... and they were both like... yup still getting one. Ok....

Flo_Evans said:
so? I mean you have all these people bitching that next gen is just a graphic upgrade with the same old gameplay, then someone shows something that is simply not possible with current tech - and all you hear is YAR HAR BLURR! OH LOOK SOME ONE SHIT ON MY SCREEN!

Sorry it was my poor attempt at humor....

Dahbomb

Motorstorm at least came close to its target render from last E3, Tekken on the other hand was NO WHERE close. Motorstorm also had the decency to come in playable format, where are the Tekken 6 game play footage?

Damn I am so disappointed in Namco right now.... Both Namco and Capcom.

TheDuce22

Banned
Flo_Evans said:

Sounds like waverace in dirt to me.

rage1973

Dahbomb said:
Motorstorm at least came close to its target render from last E3, Tekken on the other hand was NO WHERE close. Motorstorm also had the decency to come in playable format, where are the Tekken 6 game play footage?

Damn I am so disappointed in Namco right now.... Both Namco and Capcom.
You wouldn't be disappointed in Capcom if you could play the Lost Planet demo. That was the best demo I have played on the 360 so far.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Looks like the internet connection in the media room is on the slow side today. You'll have to wait a bit more.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
It's a 40 MB file and it's being uploaded at less then 10 KB/s. WTF.
Edit: Looks like part of the upload (8 files sim up so it was faster) has crashed. The first 3 files are still going so maybe there will be a way to at least get something. Snoopers is gone for 3 hours of meeting so he won't be able to restart anything...

From the screens it looks pretty good. Given how bad screens tend to look in comparison to video, I'm eager to see how it looks in motion.

Top Bottom