• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MotorStorm @ E3 Playable!!!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
robertsan21 said:
can someone tell me where this game is on the show floor?

I have not seen it anywhere!

It's at sony's booth, apparently where Genji 2 was on the first day, if that helps..

robertsan21 said:
can someone tell me where this game is on the show floor?

I have not seen it anywhere!

You need to go up the stairs at the Sony booth. There should be a line you have to go through first though.

Space A Cobra said:
You need to go up the stairs at the Sony booth. There should be a line you have to go through first though.
ok I have not been there yet

thanks guys

if it had not been for Santo I would have been buried in the desert and the twins would have been ubducted and forced to work as strippers In Las vegas by now!

LA is huge and totally crazy

BlueTsunami said:
Keep watching the trail of the motorcycle, it seems to hit a mud trail in the track and follows it into the wall. It could be collision detection but watch his trail and how it leads right into the cliff side.

I wasn't talking about the motorcycle Oo
I was refering to the buggy you steer and the car on the right.
The both react to each other and you see sparks flying around, but they didn't really touch each other.
There's a big gap between them.

Tr4nce

Holy shit, I knew it wasn't gonna match the E3 2005 target video, but damn, look at that blue sky! Gives me an instant summer feeling! Very nice atmosphere :D

Doesn't look as good as the target video, but it looks good and don't forget: this is just the beginning! Compare PS2 graphics when it launched and now, for example Shadow of The Colossus.

llTll

Banned
Tr4nce said:
Holy shit, I knew it wasn't gonna match the E3 2005 target video, but damn, look at that blue sky! Gives me an instant summer feeling! Very nice atmosphere :D

Doesn't look as good as the target video, but it looks good and don't forget: this is just the beginning! Compare PS2 graphics when it launched and now, for example Shadow of The Colossus.

i dont know if we have seen the same video. but the video i saw didnt have any blur effects or anything and the game look like crap. hmmm

EDIT: oh ya i downloaded my video from playsdye.com ?

Konnjuta

RaijinFY said:
motorstorm.gif
:D

HOLY SHIIT!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D
THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME

I saw blim vid but it was th poorer quality one. This just made me fucking drool.

:lol :lol :lol @ the red circle, that rider got owned.

Gek54

warthog said:
I don't know whether or not the clip seen in this article has been posted yet :
http://www.playfrance.com/news-e3-2006-live-motorstorm-devoile.html

I've got a weak for racing games and I really like the looks of this 1. All those different types of vehicules each with its strengths/weaknesses making it important what road you pick etc. I really hope they don't mess it up, the game has potential.

Ok that was just amazing.

Konnjuta

warthog said:

I've got a weak for racing games and I really like the looks of this 1. All those different types of vehicules each with its strengths/weaknesses making it important what road you pick etc. I really hope they don't mess it up, the game has potential.

:D :D :D :D :D
HOLY FUCK x 10

And i thought i was spoilt by that gif.

:D :D :D :D :D

SO much stuff is going on its just unfucking believable

rc213

Holy crap that video makes the game seem a whole lot better. The one guy gets owned by the truck that flips. :lol

Yeah, I dunno. The deformation of the surface affecting traction and whatnot on moist surfaces is cool, but everything else looks so standard to me. I'm hoping that there is more to it than this as this looks fun but not as exciting as initial target's promise seemed to suggest. More comprehensive physics look barely or not yet implemented, too.

lolol anyone get a MadMax/Roadwarrior vibe from that motorstorm trailer intro with all the buggies and bikes and RV convoys racing across the desert with the deep voiceover??:lol :lol

rc213 said:
Holy crap that video makes the game seem a whole lot better. The one guy gets owned by the truck that flips. :lol

And I used to love it on SSX when you missed an object or opponent by inches as you sped past, this just takes it to another level. Did you see about 2min 40 in when the biker flips out and goes underneath the buggy, looks like he'd break his neck if that happened.

sol_bad

Holy Crap Balls!!!

It really does look "close" to the E3 video of last year.
It didn't look like it in the previous video.
But this new one really strikes home and with 6 months or more to go, I have faith that Evolution will really come close to meeting that video target.

I only hope that some of the tracks will be much longer as theres only 12 in the game.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
warthog said:

I don't know from technical good or bad, all I know is this video made this game look like fun... that poor motorcycle rider kept getting owned big time...

Yoboman

Gold Member
DarienA said:
I don't know from technical good or bad, all I know is this video made this game look like fun... that poor motorcycle rider kept getting owned big time...
I reckno I'll be owning on the motorcycle :D Of course, that was all AI except the main character (very good AI aswell)

DarienA said:

Watch the ATV rider around the 2:22 part of the video that gets run off course. The entire ATV falls apart.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Yoboman said:
I reckno I'll be owning on the motorcycle :D Of course, that was all AI except the main character (very good AI aswell)

You know what I really liked about that clip? It's something I've bitched about in most combat racing games... the AI doesn't go after itself in many games with as much ZEAL as it goes after you... in that clip it really seemed like each individual AI was intent on giving EVERY other AI and you a big FU.

SolidSnakex said:
Watch the ATV rider around the 2:22 part of the video that gets run off course. The entire ATV falls apart.

Oh man he smacked the inner wall big time...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
SolidSnakex said:

Heh, I missed that the first time. I think the speaker mentions something about increasing the number of physically destructible components in the vehicles by a lot by the time the game ships, which would be sweet.

Zaptruder said:
Why?

Play it with one of these

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99305

Or just a driving force pro
And how much does that bring the total price of system, game, and wheel to consumers? :D

Seriously, though. I'm just not seeing the 'super cool' in this so far. I can I can chalk that up to it being an early, limited view demo. It's like RSC2's mud/dirt accumulation on a desert course + Burnout's damage/crash visuals and boosting. I guess I want to see tracks that seem like there are multiple branches weaving in and out of the main course like I thought that the target vid seemed to suggest. I'd rather, though, see more of an open terrain-Smuggler's Run-like goal racing. I also wished they had the cockpit view shown off as that was easily the most exciting-looking part of that initial target vid.

Ceb

MightyHedgehog said:
Seriously, though. I'm just not seeing the 'super cool' in this so far. I can I can chalk that up to it being an early, limited view demo. It's like RSC2's mud/dirt accumulation on a desert course + Burnout's damage/crash visuals and boosting. I guess I want to see tracks that seem like there are multiple branches weaving in and out of the main course like I thought that the target vid seemed to suggest. I'd rather, though, see more of an open terrain-Smuggler's Run-like goal racing. I also wished they had the cockpit view shown off as that was easily the most exciting-looking part of that initial target vid.

I agree, somewhat. It's easy to see the potential in this, but there are a lot of question marks that need answering and some small kinks that need ironing out.

Ceb said:
I agree, somewhat. It's easy to see the potential in this, but there are a lot of question marks that need answering and some small kinks that need ironing out.
Yeah, what I've seen of it so far indicates the typical somewhat flashy launch title type of release that we're accustomed to seeing. I hope for more...and really, at this point, online play is about the single, most clear attraction I have to it.

sol_bad said:
Holy Crap Balls!!!

It really does look "close" to the E3 video of last year.
It didn't look like it in the previous video.
But this new one really strikes home and with 6 months or more to go, I have faith that Evolution will really come close to meeting that video target.

I only hope that some of the tracks will be much longer as theres only 12 in the game.

At the end of the JF vid the developer demoing the game says that the track shown is one of the shortest in the game and that others will be longer. He also said something along then lines of 'imagine the deformation with 20 vehicles rather than just 7'.

Gek54

Yoboman said:
Wouldn't feel right with quads and bikes

Will devs even be supporting rumble if it isn't standard anyway?

TFF wheels need a TFF signal not just rumble. I imagine no PS3 game will output a rumble signal.

MightyHedgehog said:
Yeah, what I've seen of it so far indicates the typical somewhat flashy launch title type of release that we're accustomed to seeing. I hope for more...and really, at this point, online play is about the single, most clear attraction I have to it.

wii60-4.jpg

Yoboman

Gold Member
One of the biggest aspects missing is the particles and dust trails of the original trailer, I hope that's not gone for good

This game looks phenonemal. Next gen is finally upon us... well in November anyway.
BTW. the dust trails are present on dry courses, the one they demonstated had wet mud so very little to no dust trails would be visible. :)

mr_nothin

Banned
There are 4 MAJOR things that they need to achieve that target render...

-Improve textures alot..(that's where the biggest hit is taken IMO, they all looks SOOOO washed out, if they could improve the textures then they are set)
-Improve particle system (add dust trails out the yang)
-Improve vegitation (have more and have them visible farther away)
-Poly count on environment

EDIT:
after thinking about that...that almost sounds like it would be..pretty much like a new game :lol

Top Bottom