• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movie scenes so good, you don't need to see the rest of the movie.

WaterAstro

For reasons either that the scene was just too superb or that the rest of the movie sucks, what movie scenes can you watch over and over and don't need to watch the rest of the movie?

For something that was just too good, we have Spider-Man 2's train scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUsssa6ArAY

sQifAmp.jpg

I still don't think any other superhero movie has shown heroism as well as this scene.

For a movie that I thought really sucked, but the scene was too good, we have Interstellar's docking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3lcGnMhvsA

lO5cWfB.jpg

Yeah, I didn't like the rest of the movie. All of it didn't make sense, but this scene just had the most intense dramatic moment with so much on the line. It is so good.

Speevy

Banned
The future scenes of DOFP.

I don't know how its possible to not want to watch the rest of that.

No, the entire motel escape sequence is like GOAT suspense scene material. I want to watch the rest of the film, but that scene is so masterful in its execution.

The forest fight scene in Revenge of the Fallen. You get to see Optimus wreck shit all by himself.

The rest of the movie ain't worth it.

10EnVfx.jpg

I know many don't share the same affection for The International as a whole as I do, but a casual observer could watch the Guggenheim shootout scene and leave satisfied.

AAK

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Final Scene

Tekken Blood Vengeance Final Scene

For reasons either that the scene was just too superb or that the rest of the movie sucks, what movie scenes can you watch over and over and don't need to watch the rest of the movie?

I did this repeatedly in Social Network:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdiFzcpmmJc

The scene when Eduardo finds out about his shares getting diluted in the company. Andrew Garfield destroyed that scene.

The opening chase in the original Mad Max. I still like the rest of the film but it doesn't compare to the greatness of that scene. My most watched vhs as a kid. Those first 15 minutes were on loop all the damn time on my crap tv.

nOoblet16

I came here to post the Interstellar docking scene but the OP had it covered.

It's a fantastic scene, the music, the direction, the intensity it's just so good in that one part.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
What's the one terrible film that ends in the guy, having triggered a pressure mine, with a tiger running towards him, in the middle of a Colosseum, detonates the mine off and sends all of the above (plus some amazingly well-placed Coca Cola machines) off in a ball of flame?

The moment in the hallway, with the laser walls, where there's that quick moment of silence, Qui-Gon closing his eyes and meditating, Maul prowling like an animal watching him...

One of the GOAT Star Wars scenes, easily.

It's a nice, short story contained within itself, complete with brief emotional arc for Obi-Wan. He wants vengeance, but still gets his ass handed to him. Then, he has to calm, focus, and call upon the weapon of his master for one final strike.

Shame of the rest of the prequels weren't so well done.

LakeEarth

The intro to Backdoor Sluts 9. Right from the start, I'm interested. Then I get more interested. Then I get REALLY interested. Then suddenly, no interest at all. Strange, still haven't finished the movie.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Alec Baldwin's scene in Glengarry Glen Ross comes to mind, mostly just because its the scene everyone remembers despite being an addition by Mamet for the movie and the only scene in the entire movie that Baldwin's unnamed character is in.

Sephzilla

The moment in the hallway, with the laser walls, where there's that quick moment of silence, Qui-Gon closing his eyes and meditating, Maul prowling like an animal watching him...

One of the GOAT Star Wars scenes, easily.

It's easily the best lightsaber fight in the prequels

Top Bottom