• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movie Ticket Prices in Your Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeM86

Typically £10, or £12 for a premier seat.

However, at one of my local cinemas, they have a special deal on Tuesdays where all tickets are £4.50, so my friends and I typically just go on Tuesdays

TheChamp

£7.25 before 5pm
£8.95 after 5pm
Add £1.50 for 3D
£5.25 on Tuesdays

Prices where I work but hey might as well just get a unlimited card :D

Slightly over £10 where I am but you can get buy 1 get 1 free deals quite easily on Wednesday.
The biggest rip off is the drinks. When you are next in an Odeon/Vue get a coke and look at it being poured. You can see when it comes out the machine it is half coke and half water. Then they try and charge you £5 for it.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
The Netherlands, somewhere between 9 and 18 euro depending on what chain and whether it's regular, 3D, IMAX, 3DIMAX or Dolby Cinema.

Moonkid

In NZ they are between NZ$16 and NZ$25 (US$12 to US$18) depending on what they're for, but I get them for NZ$10 (US$7.3) with a student discount so it's all right.
Yo, that's decent, whereabouts in NZ? I already use Spark thanks to get $11 tickets, but every dollar counts when you're a student :p

RocknRola

Portugal:

Generic price (on the big cinemas spread around the country) - ~6.50€ for regular (2D) // ~7.5€ for 3D.

There are then variants with stuff like memberships, student prices (usally 1€ less than the regular prices), family packs, etc.

There are also small, local cinemas and those can vary a bit I suppose.

---

As for food and drinks, that's where they make their big bucks per say. Even the smallest variants of pop-corn and drinks usually go for about 3.50€ each. Then it's up from there of course.

So usually a regular 2D movie + small pop-corn pack + small drink will be about ~13.50€. It can cheaper if you have memberships and whatnot though.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
There's three main cinemas here in Cardiff UK, we went through a kinda cinema price war recently when a new low price one called premier opened up in a really old odeon and every ticket is £4. Vue cinema then took their prices down to £4 to seemingly compete as they were the only two cinemas in Cardiffs city centre.

A nice thing about premier opening in the old odeon was taking my mum to go see Force Awakens as it was the same cinema when it was an odeon she took me to see the original trilogy when they were rereleased as a kid.

The third cinema is an Odeon which is a little bit out from the city centre but at Cardiff Bay which is a good walk, but driving your looking at a couple mins down the road, they got a bit cheaper for a bit and had their cheaper Tuesday. Now they seem to have mostly gone back to their normal pricing and are £7-9 a ticket. Though it is a nicer cinema compared to the other two.

Edit.
I had forgotten we have a Cineworld in the city centre too, but I haven't been there in years because the general rabble seem to have chosen that cinema so it always turned into a bad experience with chavs and such.

grimmiq

AU$7.50 on weekdays before 5pm. I really don't enjoy going at night when it's crowded or with friends. Movies are best alone and in the least crowded cinema as possible, less talking or idiots checking twitter every 5mins, yes fuck you, I can see the light from your phones in my peripheral vision.

Spain, Valencia (ive heard Madrid is more expensive for example)
8.90 euros on weekends on the big good movie theaters like Kinepolis, 9.90 for 3d.

But I never pay that, go on Wednesday and it's spectators day at any movie theater, and in those big ones it goes down to 6 euros. And if you really want to watch a movie on release day on Friday just get a groupon that week so it costs 6.

Smaller movie theaters cost between 4 on spectator day up to 8 on weekends.

Then theres Movie Day one or twice a year where it costs only 3 euros at any theater during 3 days. Those 3 days the movie theaters are PACKED, and it falls on weekdays.

We dont have IMAX in our city, well, we have it, and a great one at that, but its only used for documentaries or special events (saw Fantasia 2000 there).

Brinbe

Five bucks on Tuesdays. All that matters.

This is Toronto btw.

At our biggest chain (cineplex) it's more like this
F59zoaW.png

sISE0cu.png

And concessions are the usual rip off.

Australia. One small, privately owned cinema 10 minutes away from me is $7 per ticket, the really really nice one in my area is anywhere between $22 and $26 depending on showing.

bbalde

South Africa, its around R65 (around 4 euros). Don't know about 3D though... Compare to some of the price I'm reading, we are relatively cheap, but the inflation is what is killing us, few years ago I think you could score tickets around half of the current price.

We get so ripped off in Japan, which is why I never really go to the movies.

We pay the equivalent of $18 for a normal movie (the only discounted time is the late show which always makes it hard/impossible to catch last train home) and for a 3D/4D movie you end up paying around $30.

Laieon

We get so ripped off in Japan, which is why I never really go to the movies.

We pay the equivalent of $18 for a normal movie (the only discounted time is the late show which always makes it hard/impossible to catch last train home) and for a 3D/4D movie you end up paying around $30.

Wow, really? I'm in Korea, so fairly close. $18 gets me a movie ticket, popcorn, and a soda/beer or two.

Obviously that goes up depending on what theater you go to though.

Minamu

Between 14 and 17$ in Sweden, varies from move to movie and whether or not it's in 3D. Used to be cheaper, around 11.5 was the standard before I think.

Qurupeke

7.5€ for a regular 2D movie, 9.5€ for a 3D. Greece.

Most cinemas have offers though, get 2 for the price of 1 for 2 certain days of the week.

Even in the US it depend on where you live. In smaller towns you'll pay under $10, but in the city they are a bit over that, and from what I hear in real big cities they cost even more.

painey

Minneapolis, MN. I pay $6 for a regular showing at my local cinema, or $3 at a nearby classic movie theatre which gets movies a month late ($2 on Tuesdays). Couldn't tell you what a chain costs because I just don't go to those places.

Watevaman

I haven't been in a while but last movie I went to was 11 USD for a normal, non-matinee showing. I think matinee showings are 9 dollars.

finley83

Banned
About £10 here. I dont bother with the cinema any more, wouldn't mind the price if I got a decent experience but they play a good 25 mins of ads and trailers before starting the movie. Fuck that.

kswiston

Are you sure? I am in Toronto and these are the prices at Cineplex

Cineplex prices depend on the city.

Windsor:
Regular: $9.99 ($5.75 on Tuesday)
3D: $12.99 ($8.75 on Tuesday)
IMAX: $15.99 ($11.75 on Tuesday)

Markham:
Regular: $12.99 ($7.99 on Tuesday)
3D: $15.99 ($10.99 on Tuesday)
IMAX: $18.99 ($13.99 on Tuesday)
VIP: $19.99 ($14.99 on Tuesday)
DBOX: $25.99 last I checked.

daveo42

Banned
Regular ticket is $10.50-$12.50 depending on day and if the film is considered a "special event" of some kind, like all the RiffTrax stuff is charged at a premium. Add $2 for 3D. Tuesdays or Wednesdays at certain theaters in the area charge as little as $6, which is nice but also packed to the gils for anything remotely popular.

This is in the Dayton/Cincinnati, OH area.

Cineplex prices depend on the city.

Windsor:
Regular: $9.99 ($5.75 on Tuesday)
3D: $12.99 ($8.75 on Tuesday)
IMAX: $15.99 ($11.75 on Tuesday)

Markham:
Regular: $12.99 ($7.99 on Tuesday)
3D: $15.99 ($10.99 on Tuesday)
IMAX: $18.99 ($13.99 on Tuesday)
VIP: $19.99 ($14.99 on Tuesday)
DBOX: $25.99 last I checked.

Ah that explains it. Kind of stupid but I guess its supply and demand.

HvySky

$5 on Tuesdays or mornings before 11am. $9 any other time, unless it's opening night, and then they somehow get $12 out of people. 3D tickets are $12 as well, I believe.

Rupe

Neo Member
Normal Tickets usually go from 7,30$ to 7,75$.
Students and elders tickets usually are in 6,50$ range.

For 3D add around 2$ in either price.

In the last few years some carriers/ISP have been offering, as part of their package, 2 tickets for the price of 1. So you ended up paying around 3,85$ for each ticket ( my case).
As an example I paid 3,85$ to see Star Wars the Force Awakens on premiere day.

johnny956

In St. Louis (USA)

AMC theater chain

Evenings are $10.50 but I have their rewards so I get $5 off on Tuesdays. Usually I go with the wife on Saturday's before noon. Tickets are $5.20 and the entire theater is reserved seating with luxury recliners so we only go to that theater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom