• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movie Ticket Prices in Your Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Adult movie ticket is 4 KM, which is about $2.29 USD.

QPUQzQW.png

We get so ripped off in Japan, which is why I never really go to the movies.

We pay the equivalent of $18 for a normal movie (the only discounted time is the late show which always makes it hard/impossible to catch last train home) and for a 3D/4D movie you end up paying around $30.

Exactly. That's why I hardly ever went to the movies when I lived there. To add insult to injury, international releases are usually shown at least 2 months to half a year late.

To be fair, I now live in a country where ticket prices range the equivalent of $2.50 to $5.00 (and we get the latest releases with only a week or less delay), and I still don't go. I'm not excited about movies, is all.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Varies wildly around the Atlanta metro area. Most expensive we regularly go to is the VIP theaters (big recliner seats, not as many people, 21+ up only, good beer etc.) in the Regal in Atlantic station. That's something like $21.50 (doesn't matter time of day) each after the online ticketing fee etc.

Cheapest we go to usually is a crappy AMC at the Stonecrest mall that's like $6.50 a matinee.

Honestly, we just don't go often any more and mostly just to the VIP since it's so much nicer and fewer problems with other patrons since being 21+ and pricey helps a lot on that front.

We'd rather spend the extra money to enjoy the few movies a year we feel a need to see in the theater, than cheap out and go the crappy AMC where people are usually noisy, speakers are often have static etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom