• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies Anywhere - New Digital Movie Locker

Fox Mulder

Just noticed Return of the Living Dead is on sale this weekend on Vudu for $5. It's neither UV nor MA compatible, but I don't care. That movie is a treasure and a steal at that price.

I love that movie, started the zombie brains thing I'm sure.

Vudu has got some good $5 deals right now. Phantasm remastered, night of the living dead remake that's oop in the US on bluray, 40th anniversary remaster Texas chainsaw massacre, Black Christmas.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Sometime in the last few hours my UV and Vudu movies started showing up in MA.

I love that movie, started the zombie brains thing I'm sure.

Vudu has got some good $5 deals right now. Phantasm remastered, night of the living dead remake that's oop in the US on bluray, 40th anniversary remaster Texas chainsaw massacre, Black Christmas.

That Savini NotLD remake also looks way better on Vudu than it does on the Blu-ray

Kadin

Any ideas why Force Awakens and UP are still not showing up when I log into the moviesanywhere site or Google Movies? They're showing up in both iTunes and Amazon though. The rest of my library is synced up in all 4 locations. Set this up early yesterday.

Fox Mulder

That Savini NotLD remake also looks way better on Vudu than it does on the Blu-ray

Nice to hear, I have the Australian umbrella release, which uses a different master than the twilight time US release.

It's crazy how fucked this series is in the US. I have a Japanese bluray for the original, an Australian bluray for the remake, dawn of the dead is OOP. Day of the dead is easy to get though.

Day of the dead is easy to get though.
If you don't mind DVD (I know, I know), the Scream Factory version of Day of the Dead is $3 at Big Lots. I'd prefer the Blu-ray, but that's still a pretty solid deal.

mKisCds.jpg

(Not my pic, but that's what it looks like.)

DOWN

Banned
Cool, I go to try Vudu Disc to Digital and it says Location must match billing address... but it does. I’m at home, where my billing address is. Thanks Vudu.

Loxley

I have to say I'm definitely liking being able to just have all my digital movies in one place. This is pretty cool so far.

J-Skee

Okay, so I just redeemed this pre-order code from Best Buy for Spider-Man Homecoming in 4K. It was through FandangoNow where I was able to link my UV into, which put it in my Vudu account, but it's not in MA. I'm going to give it a few hours before I hit up support about that. Hopefully it just goes through.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
A friend gifted me The Force Awakens a few days ago as part of a promotion and I think I did this Movies Anywhere thing via my new Roku TV without even realizing that it was new. I had to sign up for some Disney account and then download a "channel" which I think is indeed Movies Anywhere. Huh, I guess I jumped in at the start.

oatmeal

Banned
I have Veronica Mars movie in my Vudu account (from backing it...fucking Vudu) - connected all of my accounts...about when should I expect this to transfer over to iTunes?

Mindwipe

I have Veronica Mars movie in my Vudu account (from backing it...fucking Vudu) - connected all of my accounts...about when should I expect this to transfer over to iTunes?

When Movies Anywhere supports TV Shows, which it doesn't currently and there's no announced change to do so.

What I don't like about the Movies Anywhere service itself is that some movies that aren't transferred to it (like Buckaroo Banzai)...

What I do like is that it works in reverse and now most of my movies are on VUDU (like Wonder Woman I just bought on Amazon for $10 earlier today), it's great to have other accounts movies added to VUDU. And if one of services has better streaming quality I have a choice now.

I'm always amazed by people with collections that big. Don't think I've even seen that many movies.
I'm at 200+ myself on Vudu.

It's easy.

Code sharing sites that sell codes make it super easy to obtain a large collection of digital movies. I don't spend more than $6-7 on new releases. Little as $1-2 on some older releases.

What I don't like about the Movies Anywhere service itself is that some movies that aren't transferred to it (like Buckaroo Banzai)...
If MA catches fires, and I think it will (I see MA replacing UV in time), I think problems like that will be solved in time. More studios will come on board in time.

That being said, in my case, even though some of my Vudu titles did not port (e.g. Kelvin trilogy, Power Rangers, etc.), I'm very pleased with just the sheer overwhelming majority of my titles that did port on day one.

It's easy.

Code sharing sites that sell codes make it super easy to obtain a large collection of digital movies. I don't spend more than $6-7 on new releases. Little as $1-2 on some older releases.

Are you just buying random stuff or is it easy to find some more popular movies like fury road?

My iTunes stuff showed up finally. Do we know for sure if stuff that gets upgraded to 4k actually plays back in 4k?

At the moment it doesn’t, evidence right now shows that this isn’t a glitch but intentional due to Apple’s deal with the studios, waiting for more confirmation. It plays back at resolutions a bit higher than HD with HDR with a higher bitrate, but doesn’t get up to 4K

If MA catches fires, and I think it will (I see MA replacing UV in time), I think problems like that will be solved in time. More studios will come on board in time.

That being said, in my case, even though some of my Vudu titles did not port (e.g. Kelvin trilogy, Power Rangers, etc.), I'm very pleased with just the sheer overwhelming majority of my titles that did port on day one.
Oh for sure, I am hopeful this will catch on. I have a lot smaller VUDU collection (probably around 15-20) so when one or two didn't transfer over it was pretty noticeable.

This was honestly such a surprise, I didn't kown about it until this thread got made. Initially I thought it was just a rebranded Disney Movies app (which it is), but I didn't think it would be such a unifing thing for other video services too.

It's easy.

I'd love to get some links to these site if possible, please!

Okay, so I just redeemed this pre-order code from Best Buy for Spider-Man Homecoming in 4K. It was through FandangoNow where I was able to link my UV into, which put it in my Vudu account, but it's not in MA. I'm going to give it a few hours before I hit up support about that. Hopefully it just goes through.

I redeemed my Best Buy code for FandangoNow and all it does is show on my Fandango account that I used a pre-order promo. But, I don't even see the movie appear there. Is this the sort of thing where the movie will only show up once it is released?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Too bad this doesn't work with movies bought through Microsoft. I was able to sync the Disney movies out but I still have some movies I bought on Xbox that will likely remain trapped there forever.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Why is it I can redeem codes in Vudu just fine, but trying them in iTunes first it says invalid?

Are you sure is an iTunes code and not a UV code?
The way codes are given inside movies are different. Some are “full codes” which you use at the studios’ site to give you a UV code you can use on Vudu or UV sites.
The original code can also be used on iTunes. So essentially it has two uses.

Some just provide a UV code. Or you may have bought a code from someone that was just the UV portion.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Is Ultraviolet down or something? Got two movies that only show up in Vudu & nowhere else.
Yeah this is still pretty beta. Pacific Rim still hasn’t shown up in iTunes. I’m not sweating it. Week 1 and all of that. If I don’t have it later today I’ll open a help ticket with MA or Apple. I imagine for the time being most of my purchases will be on iTunes as they are generally cheaper for 4K and I’ll get the free 4K upgrades, but I was able to use my T-Mobile credit from this week to get a $15 UHD movie down to $10 making it cheaper than iTunes. And supposedly UHD purchases on Google and Vudu give you the full 4K version on iTunes.

F34R

Tried to migrate my DMA account to the MA and it's telling me that my DMA account can't be migrated. smh. So how do I get all my Disney movies from DMA to the new service...?

When Movies Anywhere supports TV Shows, which it doesn't currently and there's no announced change to do so.

No TV shows is kind of a downer

It's easy.

What is this code sharing site stuff you speak of? Is it for people who buy the blu ray/dvd, but don't want the digital code and sell it? Is it HD or 4K? Or is it SD? Where can I buy some movies for those prices?

J-Skee

I redeemed my Best Buy code for FandangoNow and all it does is show on my Fandango account that I used a pre-order promo. But, I don't even see the movie appear there. Is this the sort of thing where the movie will only show up once it is released?

No, it should at least show in Vudu if you linked your UV account to FandangoNow. And the movie was released digitally for about a month now. It's on every digital retailer, but it seems that if you used that promo code, it won't show in MA. I really hope it's just a bug right now & it'll sort itself out.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
iTunes has synced overnight!
Shows I have 1,332 movies in my Purchased library now which means a lot still need to come from studios not on MA yet.

The ATV really needs more sorting/filtering options. I like the quick breakdown by Genre (even though some are iffy) but would like a “Decades” breakdown or more options like Vudu.

The blu-ray.com forum is full of people selling their digital codes.

Neogafs’s own BST has some as well.

My services are all synched up, and I've noticed a couple variations:

Amazon has given me both the regular version of Mad Max Fury Road and the Black & Chrome version. The other services just give me the regular version.

Vudu has always given me the theatrical & extended versions of Batman V Superman. It still does, but only the theatrical version shows up in the other services.

rjinaz

Nice.
How's Baby Driver in UHD?
(and Spiderman Homecoming while we are at it xD)

Just to let you know or others that may be new to collecting on VUDU, the UHD tag shows on every movie that has UHD as an option, it doesn't mean you own the movie in UHD. So my collection is full of UHD tagged movies even though I only have like 5.

Wait doesn't that Vudu Disc to Digital get wildly abused? Like you could ”buy" 50 Blu rays and take them home, use the Mobile scan Disc to Digital option in the app, and return them?

Google "UPC Master List" that's all I'll say.

I'd love to get some links to these site if possible, please!

This is one of the best sources, the #1 Google Group:
https://plus.google.com/communities/104807629505033449769

I also have two personal favorites that get all the new releases for around $5, but competition for codes can be fierce so I don't want to plaster the links for everybody to see. PM me if you , or anybody else, wants them. I have no affiliation, they're just the ones I use.

gcubed

I bought lego Batman on Amazon the other day for 2.50 and its in my iTunes account but not in my GPM account.... very weird.

Ashhong

Does anybody Interstellar in their collection and is it syncing? I have it on iTunes and it’s the only movie missing. It’s WB so I thought it should

Does anybody Interstellar in their collection and is it syncing? I have it on iTunes and it's the only movie missing. It's WB so I thought it should

I have Interstellar in my iTunes account, and it did not sync to Vudu.

Edit: What Mark Andrew said. Surprised it's Paramount. Nolan typically stays with Warner Bros.

mcrommert

Banned
Too bad this doesn't work with movies bought through Microsoft. I was able to sync the Disney movies out but I still have some movies I bought on Xbox that will likely remain trapped there forever.

Honestly, with them dropping Disney movies everywhere and dropping groove... I expect them to shutter their service move your movies to probably Amazon and make them their partner to sell stuff

Or at least I hope...

Fox Mulder

Wait doesn’t that Vudu Disc to Digital get wildly abused? Like you could “buy” 50 Blu rays and take them home, use the Mobile scan Disc to Digital option in the app, and return them?

Sure, but there's upc lists online and you still have to pay something to Vudu.

I've never been able to use it anyways as my home address always fails. I live in an apartment and the Google maps marker for my address is down the street.

So I just buy cheap codes or redeem my own.

A few of my movie have moved to iTunes. I only have 236 (not some wild man like you folks in the 1K club), but only a dozen have synchronized.

louiedog

Honestly, with them dropping Disney movies everywhere and dropping groove... I expect them to shutter their service move your movies to probably Amazon and make them their partner to sell stuff

Or at least I hope...

I remember them shutting down MSN Music like a decade ago but I don't think those licenses transferred anywhere. They better hope people have short memories the next time they try to sell music and video content.

oatmeal

Banned
iTunes has synced overnight!
Shows I have 1,332 movies in my Purchased library now which means a lot still need to come from studios not on MA yet.

The ATV really needs more sorting/filtering options. I like the quick breakdown by Genre (even though some are iffy) but would like a “Decades” breakdown or more options like Vudu.

Neogafs’s own BST has some as well.
Goddamn! 1400!

I’m nearly at 400 and Thought I was crushing it lol

Edit
My vudu movies (of which there were like 4) have not transferred yet.

rjinaz

Sure, but there's upc lists online and you still have to pay something to Vudu.

I've never been able to use it anyways as my home address always fails. I live in an apartment and the Google maps marker for my address is down the street.

So I just buy cheap codes or redeem my own.

Have you tried taking your computer and smart phone out in your car and finding the sweet spot? It seems like a pain, but, I think it would be worth it personally for $2 movies.

How in the heck do you guys have so many?!?! Do you just get every movie regardless of how well you liked it?

D2D mostly. And Ive seen a lot of movies in my 34 years of life. There are very few that I absolutely hate, so if I even liked a movie and think I might want to watch it someday, I'll get it. Keep in mind there are something like 7000 movies eligible for D2D. So many choices.

And just about every week there is a new release I add to my collection. It adds up fast. And really it has become a sort of hobby for me.

Anyone successfully get Blade Runner: The Final Cut to transfer from VUDU to iTunes? It shows up in my MA library but right now I can’t even find the movie available in the iTunes Store.

WildZero

I had this in Vudu & it appeared in iTunes as soon as I linked the account.

Top Bottom