• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr Pibb Xtra is heinous

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a big Soda drinker anymore but yesterday I was at a Wendy's (That spicy baconator isn't a slice of heaven btw either) and decided I wanted a Dr. Pepper which is what I get if I'm in a weird mood. Now Wendy's doesn't have Dr. Pepper. They have Mr. Pibb which the last time I had about a decade ago was the knock off version of Dr. Pepper.

Now it's called Mr. Pibb Xtra though which I assume was some marketing innovation brought on this decade to capture that elusive "to the Xtreme" demographic.

So I order my Mr. Pibb Xtra but instead get the foulest conconction ever labeled "soda" in my life. Shit tastes like medicince. So what the hell happened to Mr Pibb?

mosaic

go eat paint
Where are you located? Here in Michigan, they all still have Dr. Pepper. Only place I know of with Pibb Xtra is Fazoli's.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Mr. Pibb is great he's not like other "doctor" soda's that run arund waving their ivy league doctorate around.

mosaic said:
Where are you located? Here in Michigan, they all still have Dr. Pepper. Only place I know of with Pibb Xtra is Fazoli's.

Down south. It is possible that something was wrong with the syrup at the place which occasionally happens although that tends to make it taste odd but in a consistent way. This stuff just tasted bad though. Like that code red Mountain Dew shit tastes "mediciney" in the same way.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Stoney Mason said:
Down south. It is possible that something was wrong with the syrup at the place which occasionally happens although that tends to make it taste odd but in a consistent way. This stuff just tasted bad though. Like that code red Mountain Dew shit tastes "mediciney" in the same way.
It could have been mixed wrong or no carbination. Dr. Pepper and Mr Pibb with no carbination is just gross.

I drink both regularly, both taste great.

mCACGj

"In 2001, Pibb Xtra was introduced as a bolder version of the original Mr. Pibb taste. Its bold taste and graphics appeal to young adults who are looking to get the most out of life and the most out of their soft drink. It appeals to teens who are just gaining independence from home and looking for things to call their own. The soft drink enables them to have an uninhibited, fun and unconventional attitude and touts the sweet, refreshing bold taste they need to express their independence." -Official Coca-Cola Website

Clearly you're not looking to get the most out of life.

Ronin

mCACGj said:
"In 2001, Pibb Xtra was introduced as a bolder version of the original Mr. Pibb taste. Its bold taste and graphics appeal to young adults who are looking to get the most out of life and the most out of their soft drink. It appeals to teens who are just gaining independence from home and looking for things to call their own. The soft drink enables them to have an uninhibited, fun and unconventional attitude and touts the sweet, refreshing bold taste they need to express their independence." -Official Coca-Cola Website

I never knew a soft drink could do all of that.

mCACGj said:

Perhaps.

Also after consulting Wikipedia

In 2001, a new flavor called Pibb Xtra was introduced with added cinnamon and cherry flavor, replacing the original flavor in many parts of the U.S. Some regions had both variations for sale at the same time.

There is currently an online petition to bring back the old version, Mr. Pibb to areas that no longer receive shipments of Mr. Pibb, but rather Pibb Xtra. This petition can be found at www.**************.com and currently has around 1800 signatures.

Which puts me in this state of mind

PlanetApes10.jpg

You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

JayDubya

Banned
Dr. Pepper is awesome.

Mr. Pibb was not as good, but wasn't bad, either. Pibb Xtra tastes the same as Pibb did with more caffeine.

Update: I ate at Wendy's today again and debated trying Pibb Xtra one more time just to see if it was as bad as I thought it was...

I couldn't bring myself to do it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom