• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Gamer's Day - May 13th - Update Thread (OP continues on Post #6)

Coverly

duckroll said:
You didn't answer. Why is it okay for people to say positive things about what has been shown, but not negative things. Come on.

There's plenty of people here saying they are very disappointed in the lack of the promised multiplayer, but no one has been more vocal(or vicious) than you. Take a look at your postings in the last few pages, it's like you're on some triple-shot of caffeine.

Other people are defending and attacking SK/TH and that's fine, but at this point I don't think anyone has matched your intensity this morning.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
duckroll said:
Nothing's wrong with you wanting to hope that it'll be good. That doesn't mean other people have to right? Are you implying everyone SHOULD hope that it's good just because you're interested in it?

Nope, I'm saying the opposite. Hoping for it to fail miserably and trashing the developer for a troubled development cycle seems a bit, I don't know, sad.

soldat7 said:
I personally think the graphics of MGS4 look like poo but I'm not about to attack the competence of Kojima and his team.

This. But something tells me this kind of behavior wouldn't be tolerated in an MGS thread.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
just saw the banjo trailer and disappointment would be an understatement.

WTF IS THIS VEHICLE SHIT DOING IN MY BANJO RARE

IT'S FLUDD ALL OVER AGAIN, FUCK THESE GIMMICKS

golem

disappointed at the removal of 4 player coop... diablo clones need that at a minimum

but.. banjo looks awesome! the impressions from the press have been really positive as well, cant wait to give it a spin

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Classic_Gs said:
Major disappointment for Too Human removing 4-player co-op because that was my main point of interest.

What you have to be kididng me please tell me there is still 2 player co-op over live pleeeeease

Naeblish

RumFore said:
What I find more surprising about Too Human is that so many remember it had 4-Player COOP. Are you dudes for real, thats the major thing some of you were looking forward to?

I have not once finished diablo 2 on single player. I have played probably 500+ hours multiplayer. I guess that counts for most people who have played it. That should say enough.

Ariexv

OverHeat said:
But I think as far as graphics go the 360 as reach is peak.......
People have been saying that since Gears 1.... yet Gears 2 is set to be the best looking game out when it releases....

Banjo looks freaking awesome

Too human's 4 player co-op being removed and no split screen is kinda disappointing, but I was mainly planning on playing it locally w/ only 2 people anyways.

jibblypop said:
You didn't need to use huge capslock and bold here. All I said was I don't like the video but will still play the final product to see if I like it. Jesus. Touchy people in this thread.

Silly me for forgetting what the developers told me over lunch yesterday as well.

I wasn't using it slap you on the head, more just to make sure everyone saw it in this image heavy thread. It's an important thing to note as so many people are flipping out about the new direction.

I apologize if it came off the wrong way.

besiktas1

2iwas92.jpg

so awesome...

NeXuSDK

chris0701 said:
NeXuSDK: The Banjo debut trailer reveals the game(which is uner development) has lots of framerate problem,or at least now.

Did you find any stutter of the game in your demoplay?

Admittedly, I'm not the best at spotting smaller framerate issues, as it doesn't really bother my eye (they really have to be noticeable for me to pay any attention to it), so the answer is overall no. Smaller problems here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary for a game many months away...

Nolan.

The problem with Too Human and SK is having Denis as it's spokesperson I think. It sounds bad but a lot of people are out for him and as soon as he makes the wrong steps it's going to have consequences. I really don't think the 4 player co-op is a bg deal (mainly because I was only ever interested in the story and local co-op). Though I don't really have sympathy because when you go around saying stuff like ''when my game comes out you'll be sorry'', you have to realise people will be watching closely. Plus you just simply shouldn't make too much big talk because it will always run the risk of spoiling people's opinion of your game and therefore treatment of.

duckroll

soldat7 said:
Saying that a game looks bad is much different than saying that SK has been a major clusterfu*# for the past 10 years.

I personally think the graphics of MGS4 look like poo but I'm not about to attack the competence of Kojima and his team. I think there is a distinct difference.

Are you sure you want to go there? Are you sure?

Banjo looks terrific. Awesome.

Some of those Fable screens have me worried though, as it looks like there are some on-rails areas like the first game. Anyone know if they're doing the same thing as before?

Ramenman

GarthVaderUK said:
I couldn't disagree more. What I saw looked innovative, interesting and fun - Rare is fucking back on form.

BBU-BUT IF ITS NOT BANJO 64 W/ HD GRAPHICS IT MEANS MS KILLED RARE RITE??

Fucking props to them for this having the guts to try a total rebirth on a game so much people awaits. I love devs who have guts.

Also from the trailer : OMG at chopping Mario's head off.

Meier

UGH, same size garden in VP = sucky! Everything else sounds awesome though. Can't wait.

Very excited about Fable. I'm thinking the game isnt truly that much larger than Fable 1 though. No interest in Banjo as a racing game... wait, it isn't a racing game in SP, just uses vehicles? More interested than before at least.

f@luS

More than a member.
Jtyettis said:
Yea, exactly what they said about Gears 1. Peaked out alright, right. What a stealth troll bro. :lol
do you know who you are currently quotting? youre so on the def....incredible.
Gear 2 looks amazing but it is still close to gear 1 , on steroyd for everythin (which IS impressive) . But will we ever see better lookin game on 360? hmmm. Its already not normal imho that the best lookin game isnt a 1st party one.....where are thou microsoft?

Just saw the banjo video on gamersyde....WTF? is the video badly encoded? (tearing + framerate) . And wtf @ the gameplay? hmmmm

fable 2 <3<3<3

Grecco

RumFore said:
What I find more surprising about Too Human is that so many remember it had 4-Player COOP. Are you dudes for real, thats the major thing some of you were looking forward to?

A PSO clone with 4 different classes. Yeah why wouldnt we want 4 player co op.

soldat7 said:
Saying that a game looks bad is much different than saying that SK has been a major clusterfu*# for the past 10 years.

I personally think the graphics of MGS4 look like poo but I'm not about to attack the competence of Kojima and his team. I think there is a distinct difference.

HAHA wow. Credibility gone.......

killakiz

burgerdog said:
Rare is just starting, again. People bitch about games not being innovative enough and as soon as one tries to be people start to cry. Can't wait to play this game in November.
If they want to innovate do it with a new IP, why go fuck up something thats was good.

FrankT

f@luS said:
do you know who you are currently quotting? youre so on the def....incredible.
Gear 2 looks amazing but it is still close to gear 1 , on steroyd for everythin (which IS impressive) . But will we ever see better lookin game on 360? hmmm. Its already not normal imho that the best lookin game isnt a 1st party one.....where are thou microsoft?

Just saw the banjo video on gamersyde....WTF? is the video badly encoded? (tearing + framerate) . And wtf @ the gameplay? hmmmm

fable 2 <3<3<3

You need read what I said X2. Incredible alright. Kthanksbuy

SPEA

All the people talking about Local Co-Op in Too Human. That has NEVER been in the game from the start. So you shouldn't be disappointed because it was never a feature in the game.

The lack of 4 player Co-op does kinda suck though.

MMaRsu

Banned
Ariexv said:
People have been saying that since Gears 1.... yet Gears 2 is set to be the best looking game out when it releases....

Banjo looks freaking awesome

Too human's 4 player co-op being removed and no split screen is kinda disappointing, but I was mainly planning on playing it locally w/ only 2 people anyways.

What? Gears2 is hardly the best looking game this gen, I mean the explosions I saw in that 2min trailer looked like shit imo.

The game looks good yes, scale looks good, but I wasn't that impressed by it honestly. Give me mirror's Edge over GoW2 any day.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I'm not seeing it. Mario games have always been several levels above other platformers, which I guess is why most platformers nowadays have different concepts and design ideas to separate them.

Perhaps you're right, but these days, if you want to play a pure platform game at all, the house that Mario built is you're only option.

burgerdog said:
Rare is just starting, again. People bitch about games not being innovative enough and as soon as one tries to be people start to cry. Can't wait to play this game in November.

Nah, I think it's more diversionary than innovative.

Cerrius said:
Nintendo should sue

Kind of like how Nintendo sued for the Mario jokes in Banjo-Tooie?

Really folks you should all go back and play Banjo-Kazooie and realize just how poorly it has aged. It would take more than next-gen fur-shading and physics to save that relic from the N64 era.

Rocksteady33

Cerrius said:
just saw the banjo trailer and disappointment would be an understatement.

WTF IS THIS VEHICLE SHIT DOING IN MY BANJO RARE

IT'S FLUDD ALL OVER AGAIN, FUCK THESE GIMMICKS

110% agreed.

They clearly had to change the formula to fit with the FPS drone demographic on the 360. Why the fuck do I want to use missiles and aircrafts to complete my levels? Once again instead of Microsoft competing against Nintendo, they go straight after Sony and bring this shit to have a Ratchet & Clank like game on their platform.

Oh and I love IGN's quote from their preview, "Banjo still includes some classic platforming." Ooooh I get to walk on a tightrope. Could have sworn I'd been doing that for years in these types of games. The video itself had maybe 10 seconds of actual Banjo and Kazooie on foot, and once again most of it appeared action oriented.

I'm probably overacting but this has always been one of my absolute favorite franchises (hell I even 100% completed Banjo-Pilot) and it's a fucking tragedy to have to see the series abandon its roots in favor of more destruction like gameplay.

NeXuSDK

killakiz said:
If they want to innovate do it with a new IP, why go fuck up something thats was good.

Ok, so now it's wrong to try and reinvent series? Something people keep complaining not being done enough :S

Emiru

Banned
Meier said:
UGH, same size garden in VP = sucky! Everything else sounds awesome though. Can't wait.

Very excited about Fable. No interest in Banjo as a racing game.
BANJO IS NOT A RACING GAME!!! Its a platformer with vehicles and Multiplayer racing.

Nolan.

MMaRsu said:
What? Gears2 is hardly the best looking game this gen, I mean the explosions I saw in that 2min trailer looked like shit imo.

The game looks good yes, scale looks good, but I wasn't that impressed by it honestly. Give me mirror's Edge over GoW2 any day.

Have to agree with this.

Opus Angelorum said:
The Rare hat is quite astonishing, even for the standards set by NeoGAF.

It's totally the Itchy & Scratchy focus group.

GTA4: This is the same old shit, we want innovation!
Banjo: What the fuck? What the hell did they do to my favorite game? They shit down my kitten's throat!
Gaming Industry: So you want a realistic down-to-earth show that's completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots?

methodman

Banned
SPEA said:
All the people talking about Split Screen Co-Op in Too Human. That has NEVER been in the game from the start. So you shouldn't be disappointed because it was never a feature in the game.

The lack of 4 player Co-op does kinda suck though.

Split screen? Dude this is a dungeon crawler, both characters would be on the same screen; plus it's been a feature for a year plus. I've been looking forward to it since then :(

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Too Human's moved to my rental list now that they took out 4 player co-op.

when you compare your game to diablo, you better fucking deliver.

pswii60

Meier said:
No interest in Banjo as a racing game.
*sigh*

All this arguing now is pointless though. All the hand-on impressions couldn't be any more positive, and if the reviews are good people should end up listening in the end.

1) It isn't a racing game
2) They aren't just vehicles, they're fully customisable contraptions to aid you in your adventure
3) There's traditional platforming too

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Banjo looks interesting but complicated. It does not quite have the simplicity of a mario game, which could result in it being a nice addition to the x360 library, but not a threat to Nintendo's mass market domination. What do you guys think: do you predict this Banjo will be a big system seller among casuals?

WrikaWrek

Banned
Saying "Amazing graphics", "Best looking game around", or any shit like that is like a Bat sign for certain people to appear.

It never, ever, like ever fails. When someone posts that, i know who and when is going to post.

Let's keep the whole graphics penis size out of here, cmon. GAF can't be just that right? Because that's what Gaf has been as of late.

Top Bottom