• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MTV Reggie interview (DICE) - 1st party releases, MP3, Earthbound, Wii & DS supply

beelzebozo said:
it'd be nice to see nintendo pull another metroid prime/metroid fusion double-hit like they did back in '02--corruption and a new 2d ds game (presumably dread?) would make for a lovely lovely '07.
I would love Nintendo for that.

ethelred

Lapsed said:
Is videogame Utopia similiar to the Magical Console (i.e. what the Virtual Console 'should' be)? From what I hear, the Magical Console puts out twenty games a week, magically translates all Japanese games at no cost to every language on Earth, and then focuses entirely on the most obscure games imaginable instead of wasting 'precious release slots' on horrible games (i.e. not RPGs) like Super Mario Brothers, Legend of Zelda, Sonic the Hedgehog, Bonk, space shooters, and all. Also, games on the Magical Console only cost 5 cents and, if you own the original cart, the Magical Console somehow knows this and gives you the game for free. I hear the Magical Console also puts out new original software but not the 'garbage' the masses like, only new 2d Metroid games, new Ogre Battles, and JRPGs.

Sounds awesome. That is a true utopia. Shame Nintendo will never do anything this good, and instead keep providing such gaming diuretics as Urban Champion and Baseball.

dock

I wouldn't be surprised if all of the Earthbound games get released on the Virtual Console, including the GBA version, some time in the next year or two. It makes a lot of sense for Nintendo to put it there rather than through retail.

I would also expect them to be USA + Japan only. :( Europe am cry.

dyls

Wiis are beginning to show up in stores, but it's Nintendo's DS Lite portable that is in even shorter supply, despite being on the market in the U.S. since last summer. "We put everything in the marketplace that we humanly could by December 25th. But from December 26th until mid-January, we were effectively out of stock."

I guess we should expect pretty low January NPD numbers for DS. Assuming we ever get the numbers, of course.

mCACGj

dock UK said:
I wouldn't be surprised if all of the Earthbound games get released on the Virtual Console, including the GBA version, some time in the next year or two. It makes a lot of sense for Nintendo to put it there rather than through retail.

I would also expect them to be USA + Japan only. :( Europe am cry.

The problem with releasing Mother 3 on the VC is that it would be tough to charge more than $10 since that's the highest price on there, but Nintendo would need to spend a lot of time translating a game of its size, and even with a lot of exposure I'm not sure they'd be happy with charging $10 for such a big investment of time.

Top Bottom