• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple cases of racist incidents reported after Brexit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we're in the mindset of whatever you were seeking with that vote was worth voting with racists, and empowering them nationwide and worldwide. These guys were strictly speaking your allies.

That you can't stomach being told that simple truth is pretty irrelevant compared to what actual people are enduring because of this. We're not saying this was an objective of yours, we're saying this was an entirely predictable side effect. One you're willing to throw under the rug because the internet doesn't mollycoddle you. Tough shit.

Tough shit lol well I'm not asking to be mollycoddled and say what you like, you don't know me, I don't take any of this stuff personal.

End of the day, everyone has an opinion one way or the other, I don't agree with things on both side of the arguments.

I'm no fan of the EU and think if a country wants to run itself without any outside interference or influence, then that is totally fine. The EU has its own share of problems outside of this UK thing too.

But I do agree racist people are idiots and closing the boarders is probably not a solution to the problem either but also not everybody should be labelled the same.

Speely

Banned
When you lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

You were not born alligned with racist shitbags, you, and everyone like you, chose to align yourself with a campaign that made no secret of being built upon racism and xenophobia.

You deserve to be labled as such no less than Republicans on this side of the Atlantic who spew the same "bu-bu-but I'M not racist. I just vote for a party of racists" bullshit. You're a part of the problem, no matter your "intentions." You don't like it? Fucking tough. No one gives a shit. You are in no way, shape, or form comparable to an oppressed minority because of it and it takes a shocking amount of narcissism to think you can make that claim.

I said god damn. Great post.

What is happening over there right now is all the sadder for being completely unsurprising. At the first encouragement to not hide in the shadows from the establishment, the roaches scurry forth to operate in the light with a misguided sense of vindication. Disgusting. Very sorry, Brits. :(

I have spent a decade wishing I could find a way to move back to London (I was living there illegally while trying to find a way to get a proper work visa) and now I don't even wanna.

Tough shit lol well I'm not asking to be mollycoddled and say what you like, you don't know me, I don't take any of this stuff personal.

End of the day, everyone has an opinion one way or the other, I don't agree with things on both side of the arguments.

I'm no fan of the EU and think if a country wants to run itself without any outside interference or influence, then that is totally fine. The EU has its own share of problems outside of this UK thing too.

But I do agree racist people are idiots and closing the boarders is probably not a solution to the problem either but also not everybody should be labelled the same.

I agree that generalising is never good, but I think the concerns and fears of Brexit making racism more acceptable is very important.

That and non-racist Leave voters have to accept that racists are exclusively on their side. This is something they should be discussing too along with not letting racists be face of them.

commedieu

Banned

You were not born alligned with racist shitbags, you, and everyone like you, chose to align yourself with a campaign that made no secret of being built upon racism and xenophobia.

You deserve to be labled as such no less than Republicans on this side of the Atlantic who spew the same "bu-bu-but I'M not racist. I just vote for a party of racists" bullshit. You're a part of the problem, no matter your "intentions." You don't like it? Fucking tough. No one gives a shit. You are in no way, shape, or form comparable to an oppressed minority because of it and it takes a shocking amount of narcissism to think you can make that claim.

+2

avaya

So much fucking truth in this post. Fucking so much truth.

I agree that generalising is never good, but I think the concerns and fears of Brexit making racism more acceptable is very important.

That and non-racist Leave voters have to accept that racists are exclusively on their side. This is something they should be discussing too along with not letting racists be face of them.

Totally, those people shouldn't be the face or voice of anything really, its sad some people have to be that way.

Hopefully the police and law will deal with those idiots quickly if they get out of hand.

Dai101

Banned

Well said, hermano. Preach it.

Cromwell

Banned

This, 100%.

Even the pro-Leavers on GAF have to admit this is what the campaign is:
the-simpsons-brand-fox-news-not-racist-but-1-with-racists.jpg

Anarky

Banned

I tip my hat to you sir.

akira28

let him feel the heat.

actions speak louder than words. Their actions have enabled racists. The vote has actively empowered a political platform pretty much engineered by right wing xenophobes in office, and some are simply claiming ignorance. Some say they did it on a lark and want to take their vote back because their heads weren't in the right place, they just wanted to "speak their minds" which sounds awfully familiar.

Well said.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Large polish immigration in the past 5 or so years has made the racists angry at polish people?

Polish are the largest immigrant population number in a million I believe. By default when their talking about immgrants leaving and them taking our jobs using their resources, they're talking an awful lot about them.

Well said. Its pretty pathetic how many people are playing the racist card against Leave voters when they don't know anything about them and seem to be in the mindset of "they must be racist if they voted Leave"
No matter how you decide to intellectualise your reasons for leaving, the campaign only gained popularity as anti-immigration movement. If you think anything else then you're naive as fuck. You knew who you were getting into bed with when you voted to leave, I really don't get how you have the temerity to complain about this after what large swathes of Leave supporters have said and done.

Looks like anyone speaking a foreign languange in UK is open for abuse

Sucks

I was thinking of vacationing in england soon but I'll hold off. The tensions seem high right now. Glad I dont live there....

9sxHPBx.jpg

Yeah, no.

He's talking about how many racist people think and operate(well, I think he is). You can deal with someone who's clearly a bigot and call them out, and then you'll see them try and weasel out of the label at any and all cost, or amazingly enough, try and turn it around and say you're the real racist.

I've got first hand experience here, and it's just the worst.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
He's talking about how many racist people think and operate(well, I think he is). You can deal with someone who's clearly a bigot and call them out, and then you'll see them try and weasel out of the label at any and all cost, or amazingly enough, try and turn it around and say you're the real racist.

I've got first hand experience here, and it's just the worst.

It's called reverse racism man, if you call someon eout for voting for something that dramatically and negatively voting minoritie's your being reverse racist to them.

I don't give a shit if your vote made your family and immediate friends millionaires, at least have the balls to own up to your decision that you deemed that more important than the potential consequences but you did what you. You can take your sophistry elsewhere, noone here is owed to make you feel good and fine about you did. We all have priorities. There's no point in getting pissed off by being associated with racists when you voted for something that greatly furthers racists goals.

WedgeX

Banned

That's perfect.

Minorities are being harassed and attacked, and you're worried about your own persecution for supporting anti-immigration rhetoric and lies?

I'm crying.
Isn't it the great White racist way, though? Kinda like the whole #BlackLivesMatter thing and, "No....ALL lives matter! When all lives matter, that means we, Whites, matter TOO! DON'T say we don't matter, because if anything, WE MATTER MOST OF ALL!!!"

And this isn't saying there aren't good Whites out there. There are many out there that believe in progression, equality and compassion towards their fellow man. But, they aren't the ones that get irked at things like this, because that's not them and they KNOW IT.

I forgot the sarcasm tag.
I figured that, especially since you posted it after Phil0sophy and Yautja_Warrior's posts.

Dizzy

Banned
It's disgusting that people are comparing racist abuse to gaffers disagreeing with people. You have no fucking clue how actual minorities are being affected by this vote if you're making that comparison.
Nobodies doing that. You all have some ridiculous expectations in here.

GAF members don't want to be labelled as racists or bigots - on GAF - just for having an opposite point of view. It's childish and pathetic.

Everyone is condemning these racist idiots. Everyone hopes the police catch them. But you seem to expect people - on gaf - to do something about this? Like if people were actually on here making racist remarks I'm sure everyone would be quick to shoot them down and voice disgust, but you're acting like the people here on gaf complaining about being labelled racists are personally meant to go out on the streets and hunt down every racist, EDL member and britian first members themselves like vigilantes.

Obviously the racist attacks out there are FAR worse than what's going on here. But right now we're posting on GAF. People have condemned this disgusting behaviour mentioned in the OP yet they're still getting labelled - and what, they're meant to put up with it on here just because there's worse going on out there?

Again it all seems to come down to "you voted leave, this is all YOUR fault" which is ridiculous.

Breakage

Well said. Its pretty pathetic how many people are playing the racist card against Leave voters when they don't know anything about them and seem to be in the mindset of "they must be racist if they voted Leave"

You should ask yourself why the Leave campaign has attracted so many racists.
Here's a hint, it's because the campaign reaffirms their world view.

Reading this guys Twitter :(

waking home, see these men laid out on the floor,thought they were drunk,took a photo, turns out they've been

battered senseless by "english man english man", a son and his dad, dads unconscious. blood everywhere. ffs.

you know what the paramedics said? they'd been lying there for at least an hour. an hour. community. big society. appalling. glad i stopped.

update: just heard from the the victims nephew that his grandad is ok, but his uncle has a "bleed on the brain" & is in a bad way. pray.

these "newspaper journalists" need to stop messaging me tbh, you drum up fear & hate daily then want to 'buy my story'? it's a no from me. x

https://twitter.com/b0redinbucks

Warning graphic pictures.

Sickening.

PopeReal

Meanwhile the shit show escalates.

But you are worried about those poor leave voters and whether they are racist or not.

Either way they emboldened racists. And shit will get worse.

yepyepyep

I just had my youth mobility visa approved to work for two years in the UK and the country is in meltdown. Fantastic. I'm Australian, but half asian. I wonder if I'll encounter any abuse while I'm there.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
I know a whole shitload of outright racist and even more diet racist folks who are thrilled about Brexit.

So Leave may not in itself be racist, but it has one hell of a fan club in racists.

I just had my youth mobility visa approved to work for two years in the UK and the country is in meltdown. Fantastic. I'm Australian, but half asian. I wonder if I'll encounter any abuse while I'm there.

Fairly unlikely, depending on where you go. Somewhere like Brighton or London you will be fine, Burnley not so much.

Mr-Joker

Banned

While some people who voted leave may not be racist but they did side with the racist people who voted leave and the whole leave campaign largely boiled down to "Get them out, it's time to take control of our country for British people."

So yeah it's understandable why some folks are annoyed at Leave voters because they basically empowered the racist folks on the exact moment that Leave won.

hohoXD123

I'll bear that in mind the next time someone on the train tells me to get out of the country thanks to having their views validated with the help of the people who voted Leave. I'm genuinely curious if the turmoil the country is in now is worth whatever reason Leave voters had voting the way they did.

It's not fair to paint the whole of the UK as racist or xenophobic..

The vast majority of Scotland, Northern Ireland, and major cities like London and Manchester, voted against Brexit. But unfortunately, much of England and Wales, especially rural areas and smaller towns, places with very little immigration and lower education levels, voted for Brexit. And now Scotland, Northern Ireland and London are demanding independence from the UK.

The vast majority of younger people under the age of 40 voted against Brexit. But the overall voting electorate is heavily skewed towards older voters aged 40+, and unfortunately much of the older generation voted for Brexit, especially those aged 60+ or those with lower education levels. And now much of the younger generation of Brits are blaming the older generation.

What the EU referendum has revealed is deep divides within UK society, with the younger, more urban, and more educated, embracing diversity, immigration and globalization, and the older, more rural, and less educated, rejecting diversity, immigration and globalization.

Hi. So uh, I'm not British, and admittedly am not the most learned on the specific issues effecting the UK.

That said, I grew up in Malaysia, a former colony of yours that has a huge race problem. I get not everyone votes for the racist because of their racism. That said, I don't have a particular lot of patience for people telling me they voted for the guy calling the gut chinks on the street because just because they like his economic policy

It's not fair to paint the whole of the UK as racist or xenophobic..

The vast majority of Scotland, Northern Ireland, and major cities like London and Manchester, voted against Brexit. But unfortunately, much of England and Wales, especially rural areas and smaller towns, places with very little immigration and lower education levels, voted for Brexit. And now Scotland, Northern Ireland and London are demanding independence from the UK.

The vast majority of younger people under the age of 40 voted against Brexit. But the overall voting electorate is heavily skewed towards older voters aged 40+, and unfortunately much of the older generation voted for Brexit, especially those aged 60+ or those with lower education levels. And now much of the younger generation of Brits are blaming the older generation.

What the EU referendum has revealed is deep divides within UK society, with the younger, more urban, and more educated, embracing diversity, immigration and globalization, and the older, more rural, and less educated, rejecting diversity, immigration and globalization.
steady. The SNP is demanding independence (as they always have) but the 1.6m Scots who voted stay are fewer than the 2m who voted to stay part of the UK. That said I expect a huge swell in support for Scottish independence.

Sinn Fein are pushing for a united Ireland - as they always have - which is hugely different to NI demanding independence.

London demanding independence is just daft.

(I'm massively pro "remain" btw. To the point where this result is giving me sleepless nights).

hohoXD123

Ever thought that might be a better idea? You know, working as empathic human beings together to rise up and fight against disgusting vile sub human pieces of garbage like the examples in the op?

You could have been an empathetic human being and risen up to fight against the disgusting vile sub human pieces of trash in the OP, instead you voted the way you did and validated their views whether you like it or not for the sake of Brussels not controlling your country (which btw it doesn't). You may not be racist but it's ignorant to believe that the main driver of the Leave campaign wasn't immigration.

Given what you know now, of the economies of Britain and countries around the world suffering, businesses moving away from London, ethnic minorities facing more hate crime than before, political parties in disarray with Boris likely being the next PM, Scotland and Northern Island being at risk of leaving the UK, would you still vote Leave?

steady. The SNP is demanding independence (as they always have) but the 1.6m Scots who voted stay are fewer than the 2m who voted to stay part of the UK. That said I expect a huge swell in support for Scottish independence.

Sinn Fein are pushing for a united Ireland - as they always have - which is hugely different to NI demanding independence.

London demanding independence is just daft.

(I'm massively pro "remain" btw. To the point where this result is giving me sleepless nights).
The Scots who voted to stay last time was on the basis that the UK was part of the EU. Now many of those Scots are feeling betrayed and will almost certainly vote to leave the UK and join the EU, given a choice between the two.

The separatists within Northern Ireland are demanding independence, and they're going to gain a lot more popularity now as a result of Brexit. The EU was behind the Good Friday Agreement that ended conflict in Northern Ireland. And now there's a real risk of the Good Friday Agreement being undermined. Even if many don't want to join the Republic of Ireland, it's also possible that Northern Ireland might want to become an independent EU state of its own.

For years, analysts had been predicting that London could become an independent city-state like Singapore in the future. In 2014, an analyst predicted it could happen by 2035 (and now, possibly sooner with Brexit). London alone generates a quarter of the UK economy, and is self-dependent, so it could thrive as a city-state within the EU. Prior to Brexit, London was the world's leading financial capital, even ahead of New York (though not anymore, with Brexit damaging the economy). Also, London has become demographically distinct compared to most of the UK, with London having a 41% non-white population and 55% non-white-English population, and now a Muslim mayor of Indian-Pakistani ancestry. For a long time, Little Englanders have been insulting London, calling it "Londonistan" and claiming it's "not English" anymore, while at the same time scrounging off London's economy. If so many Little Englanders can't accept London as English anymore, and are so ungrateful for how much London contributes, then there's no reason for London to regard itself as English either. London has far more to gain being part of the EU rather than England, which takes way more from London than it gives back.

The prevailing wisdom seems to be the UK will have to accept similar terms to what Norway has. If that's the case, wouldn't you have to agree to follow many EU rules anyway? Including free transfer of people?

This is terrible, and a very startling wake up call for us in the United States if Trump gets elected.

Infuriates me that the so called tough guys are bulling kids... KIDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom