• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murdered Soul Suspect. Is there any hype?

bGanci

Banned
The first time I saw this game it definitely had my attention. This is a genre that hasn't been explored very much in a AAA format(at least it feels that way). I haven't heard anything about this game since last year. It's coming out around two other AAA games, Watch_Dogs, and Wolfeinstein TNO. Is anyone at all excited for this game? Is there hype out there I just have missed?

Watch_Dogs -May 27th
Murdered Soul Suspect- June 3rd
Wolfenstien TNO- May 22nd.

I was slightly interested, but looking more forward to Watch Dogs. I got my 3 gold rewards for buying an R9b290, and this game is in list. But I'd still rather trade all 3 games for Watchdogs. I'll give it a go at some point though.

Biggest bomb of the year. The premise looks interesting but the developer track record is woeful. I'd like to be wrong though but I just can't see it

ekim

I'm hyped for it. Gameplay seems novel enough to be interesting for me. Won't sell that much though.

KORNdoggy

got it on order just becasue i found it cheap on PS4, but i'm not super excited about it, it's a cool premise, i just hope it isn't too hammy with its story.

it's mainly for something to play on my time off work over E3. becasuse i certainly ain't buying watchdogs anymore.

LOCK

I find it interesting. I'm skipping Watch Dogs for now, so this game if good would be ok for the summer along with Mario Kart.

AHA-Lambda

The sad thing is I played it at Rezzed 2 months ago and actually got quite intrigued by from what I played.

Check the Rezzed thread there were a number of people pleasantly surprised by it. SE should release that demo.

Corpekata

Banned
I'm interested in it. Though I do feel like they are having trouble explaining just what the game is.

I like the whole investigations angle, and I hope it's not just "You're an investigator, now shoot guys for 13 hours and call it a day." I'll probably give it a spin since it's selling for really cheap at Greenman and I have credit to burn. Or peruse some Ebayers trying to unload their radeon vouchers.

Vylash

I'm pretty excited since LA Noire + Ghost Trick = heaven for me, but impressions from people who have it are pretty mediocre, might grab it when the price drops a bit

stonesak

Okay, if you really insist
Concept sounds intriguing, but the lack of impressions/media coverage is always a red flag. Would love for it to be one of those hidden gems, though.

Dinjooh

Initially I was interested, but the whole ghost/demon thing has me completely turned off. I was hoping for a full-out detective game.

Had this preordered, but panicked and cancelled it. brand new PS4 game is too much money to drop on a game I know very little about, even if the concept did grab me.

Game looks like garbage. Normally when a team shows little of a game I pat them on the back, but not when the little they show makes me not want to see the rest.

NEO0MJ

It has a really interesting idea, but I'll wait for impressions from critics and gaf to see how well it plays.

glaurung

June 3rd already? Damn these new releases are getting me swamped. Wolfenstein, then Watch Dogs.

I suppose I will keep my eye on the PS4 version reviews. But... I am prepared for a horrible repeat of Mindjack's performance.

Trilby wearing protagonist = no buy.

On a serious note - I've seen and heard the name of the game float about, but never seen gameplay until now.

Mask

I have it preordered. Shopto sent me a deal to get the limited edition for £38, so I did.

I've only seen the trailer, as an ad on youtube, and I like what I saw.

I don't even know what type of game this is and I've watched previews.

Is it an adventure game? A horror game? None of the above?

Dr Dogg

Outside of maybe hearing something about it way back when (maybe even the reveal of it) the next time I heard of Soul Suspect was when a retailer sent me an email telling me that they had a super limited, super exclusive edition that I'd better preorder now before they all go out of stock.

At the time it was listed at £34.99 for PC, £44.99 for last gen and £49.99 for current. Now it's gone down to £22 on PC, £32 for last and £37 for current. Even GetGames rapidly dropped the PC digital preorder edition they have to £18 with discount codes. Being a Square Enix western release its price will more than likely plummet 4-5 months after release anyway.

glaurung

I don't even know what type of game this is and I've watched previews.

Is it an adventure game? A horror game? None of the above?
A 3D exploration adventure game with a ghost twist.

You investigate your own murder through a series of interact-able clues and puzzles.

stevil

Unless the reviews are terrible I will play it, seems a bit heavy rain and stuff like that which I liked. I have a high tolerance for crapy game play if the rest is interesting and or new. Like it better than great game play but crapy rest, like second son.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Outside of maybe hearing something about it way back when (maybe even the reveal of it) the next time I heard of Soul Suspect was when a retailer sent me an email telling me that they had a super limited, super exclusive edition that I'd better preorder now before they all go out of stock.

At the time it was listed at £34.99 for PC, £44.99 for last gen and £49.99 for current. Now it's gone down to £22 on PC, £32 for last and £37 for current. Even GetGames rapidly dropped the PC digital preorder edition they have to £18 with discount codes. Being a Square Enix western release its price will more than likely plummet 4-5 months after release anyway.

I noticed today that Quantum Conundrum is now included with pre-orders; this wasn't the case just a few days ago or so. The pre-order numbers can't be looking good.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Looks interesting from what I have seen but considering that it is a Square Enix game it will hit 75% within 2-3 months. So I will wait for that.

It's a detective/investigation type game, so I'm pretty hyped by default, but it's really up in the air as to how well it actually turns out. I've got the PS4 version pre-ordered for £27 anyway, so if it gets absolutely ravaged by critics, I'll just sell it still sealed for a profit come day of release. But hopefully it'll be good, or at least decent.

Top Bottom