• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murdered Soul Suspect. Is there any hype?

bryanee

Its actually one of my most wanted games of the year. I've been looking forward to it since it was revealed.

Bricky

The concept is great and the general reaction to it last E3 was very positive, but I don't know man. Since then I have heard absolutely zero about it, and that is usually not a good sign.

This is really the type of game that you shouldn't buy until the reviews it. Could be a suprise hit, could be a mediocre mess. If the metacritic is somewhere above 70/100 I'm most certainly checking it out though. Seems like something I'd enjoy as long as it isn't utterly broken or generally horrible.

Stike

I wanted to jump in blindly, because of the intriguing story and setting.

However, when I saw the price differences...
PS4 60 €
PS3 40 €
PC 30 €

I decided to wait for a price drop. Why would PS4 gamers be ripped off like that? :(

AHA-Lambda

It's a detective/investigation type game, so I'm pretty hyped by default, but it's really up in the air as to how well it actually turns out. I've got the PS4 version pre-ordered for £27 anyway, so if it gets absolutely ravaged by critics, I'll just sell it still sealed for a profit come day of release. But hopefully it'll be good, or at least decent.

Same, hope it's good but I've got my ps4 copy preordered for £26, I'll trade it in to cex when I'm done and make a small profit anyway.

Mr Moose

Got it on pre-order for £32 on Amazon (PS4), I've been interested in it since I first saw the trailer a few months ago.

Looking forward to playing it (probably as much as Watch_Doges).

bryanee

I wanted to jump in blindly, because of the intriguing story and setting.

However, when I saw the price differences...
PS4 60 €
PS3 40 €
PC 30 €

I decided to wait for a price drop. Why would PS4 gamers be ripped off like that? :(

The PS4 version is £40 in some places here in the UK. Ten quid more than the PS3 version but it seems that's standard for cross platform games at the moment.

I'm intrigued by the premise but not expecting the execution to be 100%. But it having that ghost detective hook, being underdoggy, b-tiery and cheap made me stretch my no-preorders policy a little.

Those who are interested but essentially say they'll pick it up after the sales have flopped are kind of...if you can afford to support games you reckon you'll like then please do.

Its pathetic, but I was instantly turned off the game by how much of a total cock the main character looks like.

Only thing that would make me buy it is a demo that rubbed me the right way.

xrnzaaas

I predict it's going to bomb like Remember Me did last year. I'll play it, but probably not before I'm done with Watch_Dogs. :)

lefantome

I'm interested but I'll wait for the review first. the SE marketing didn't work quite well.
I'm glad there is a next gen version though, being an old gen exclusive would have most likey made me pass it.

M.Steiner

I've been looking forward to this since it was first revealed but the lack of coverage it has been getting is a little worrying. That being said I wanted to play it myself regardless so I pre-ordered it from GMG a couple of weeks ago. Only paid £16.87 for it so if it does suck, I won't be too put out. Hopefully not though.

Ramenman

Looks like some kind of Ghost Trick, so it has me intrigued.

However I have no idea what the gameplay is (even though having watched several trailers, might have missed one). Also, I don't even remember who's behind this.

I'll look at how it is received, and if it turns out to be one of those "somewhat flawed but does some new an interesting things" kind of game, maybe i'll give it a try sometime.

But I'm certainly not going to cash-in 50 bucks on it right away. I just don't know enough, and the little I've seen although intriguing doesn't fill me with any kind of urge to play it, so I can wait for the price to drop.

Edit : Oh, apparently it's 40 bucks on PS3. Interesting. But there's a lot on my backlog at the moment anyway.

The concept is great and the general reaction to it last E3 was very positive, but I don't know man. Since then I have heard absolutely zero about it, and that is usually not a good sign.

This is really the type of game that you shouldn't buy until the reviews it. Could be a suprise hit, could be a mediocre mess. If the metacritic is somewhere above 70/100 I'm most certainly checking it out though. Seems like something I'd enjoy as long as it isn't utterly broken or generally horrible.
What if the aggregated score is 69 but all the reviews say "That Bricky guy sure would love this game"?

Eeeewwwwhhhhh! Stealth segments?

See that sounds bad right there.

I hope these aren't lame tacked on stealth segments. Those are always insipid and dull.

Check out some gameplay and previews then. There's some ghosts who didn't pass on to the other world in time, and becomes corrupted. They end up hunting the player from time to time (not always), and the player has to evade them to get back to the investigation thing.

Bricky

What if the aggregated score is 69 but all the reviews say "That Bricky guy sure would love this game"?

I kinda knew this comment was gonna happen. Of course I am still buying the game in that case, but if the reviews in general state 'hey, yo Bricky, this game is decent' I'm expecting a 70-75 metacritic with a game like this anyway. If it's somewhere 60-65 I'm pretty sure the game won't be worth it full-price with the way games are reviewed nowadays.

I know GAF doesn't like it, but the fact Metacritic is toxic for this industry doesn't mean I as a consumer can't use it as an indication on what I want to buy or not. Especially for a low-profile release like this which won't be over or underrated because of hype/hate (which tends to happen with some triple A games).

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The concept is nice enough, though I don't think I've seen sufficient previews, press or advertisement. Maybe I've missed it, but the publisher doesn't seem to be (for me at least) doing a good job of it.

Check out some gameplay and previews then. There's some ghosts who didn't pass on to the other world in time, and becomes corrupted. They end up hunting the player from time to time (not always), and the player has to evade them to get back to the investigation thing.
I hope that doesn't come across as forced just to make the investigations more 'exciting'.

mcz117chief

Never heard of it, really, not even a sound. I am going to check it out and report back. Hold the fort in the meantime, ok ? :)

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Yeah I have the Limited Edition pre ordered, game reminds me of shadows of destiny for some reason, and it's something new instead of an open world or FPS game

Had no idea it was coming out as early as it is! Was at the mall recently and a saw Gamestop poster for it otherwise I have heard almost nothing about it and I am pretty active on GAF and other gaming sites. This game intrigued me when I first learned about it but where's the gameplay and videos? Where's the TV ads? Sure some games (i.e. Watch Dogs) seem overexposed with their 20 different trailers but isn't that better than no exposure? Seems odd as I really dig the concept for Murdered Soul Suspect.

Menome

It's a detective/investigation type game, so I'm pretty hyped by default, but it's really up in the air as to how well it actually turns out. I've got the PS4 version pre-ordered for £27 anyway, so if it gets absolutely ravaged by critics, I'll just sell it still sealed for a profit come day of release. But hopefully it'll be good, or at least decent.

Oh, where did you find it at that price? I've got it pre-ordered for £35 right now, so knocking eight quid off wouldn't be sniffed at. :)

Marjar

Banned
I'm interested but the dev team doesn't exactly have the greatest history behind them.

Being cautiously optimistic.

MrBadger

I'm interested, definitely. I like detective games, and I like games where you play as a ghost and have to figure out who you were and why you were killed, but I always hear very little about this game. I had no idea it was coming out so soon.

Lusankya

Getting it. Looking forwards to it. Kinda like LA Noire..with Ghost Trick.

Well, LA noire was kinda like the AAA version of Ace Attorney and they messed it up by too much GTA gameplay and other mistakes to appeal to a larger crowd. I am sure Soul Suspect will be the same only that Ghost Trick is the inspiration.

I'm pretty excited. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and went ahead and pre-ordered it because at least it looks like they're trying to do something different. Of course it will bomb because of that, but that's the sad state of the industry right now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Reading about so many waiting for the price to crash makes me think Airtight Games isn't long for this world.

Yeah, if the game bombs I don't see Squeenix sticking around after Quantum Conundrum 2 has released, at which point Airtight will either close up shop or double-down on mobile.

Top Bottom