• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murdered Soul Suspect. Is there any hype?

Haunted

I'd describe the general hype level as "mild".

I'm interested in the concept when they introduced this a a murder mystery and detective game... but then I saw the gameplay with regular stealth assassinations and shit and I'm a lot less interested now.

Here's hoping this isn't the next Mindjack/Neverdead, but rather the next Lost Planet 3.

Iorv3th

I was interested in it when they first revealed it. Now that it's coming out on next gen I have it pre-ordered for PS4. Day 1.

Doesn't seem to be much hype for it, but I love the concept and the game's overall look. I'm rooting for this game to be good. I just hope that they keep it light on combat and focus on the investigative end of it.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I will probably pick it up when it hits £10 and if the review is good. But to be honest I doubt it will be good as Ghost Trick.

Dr Dogg

I noticed today that Quantum Conundrum is now included with pre-orders; this wasn't the case just a few days ago or so. The pre-order numbers can't be looking good.

Yikes! Is that a good or a bad thing?

I'm probably one of the few who liked Quantum Conundrum, probably because of John de Lancie though.

I remember hearing about this game a while back but had no idea it was coming out in 2 weeks till I went to gamestop the other day and saw a poster for it lol.

SimSimIV

The first time I saw this game it definitely had my attention. This is a genre that hasn't been explored very much in a AAA format(at least it feels that way). I haven't heard anything about this game since last year. It's coming out around two other AAA games, Watch_Dogs, and Wolfeinstein TNO. Is anyone at all excited for this game? Is there hype out there I just have missed?

Watch_Dogs -May 27th
Murdered Soul Suspect- June 3rd
Wolfenstien TNO- May 22nd.

It's one of my most anticipated games actually! I imagine it has the potential to turn in to something like a mix of LA Noir and Indigo Prophecy!

dreamfall

It's one of my most anticipated games actually! I imagine it has the potential to turn in to something like a mix of LA Noir and Indigo Prophecy!

This is exactly what I'm thinking, and I can't wait really!

I'm going in on PC, and I hope I enjoy the slow burn of solving cases and appreciating that games like this (detective-esque noir) exist.

I feel like it's also been forever since I saw the reveal trailer, and it's tiiiiiiime! Wolfenstein, Transistor, Watch Dogs, Murdered Soul Suspect, and then UFC? Summer gaming is going to be sweet!

I played the demo at PAX East. My hype for this game decreased quite a bit afterwards. Interesting story, decent voice acting, but the gameplay was a little lacking in my opinion. Might pick it up for a rental or deeply discounted later on.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yikes! Is that a good or a bad thing?

I'm probably one of the few who liked Quantum Conundrum, probably because of John de Lancie though.

I'm going with bad. ;) I think it would've been a better idea to include early access to QC2, which presumably can't be all that far off at this point, assuming the project still lives (it popped up in the registry a little over a year ago). Obviously a puzzle game doesn't really lend itself well to a closed beta period, but something along the lines of allowing pre-purchasers to play an early build until, say, a week before release, at which point a temporary loyalty discount kicks in would've been more enticing than a game that's been on sale a ton of times over the past couple of years.

SimSimIV

I played the demo at PAX East. My hype for this game decreased quite a bit afterwards. Interesting story, decent voice acting, but the gameplay was a little lacking in my opinion. Might pick it up for a rental or deeply discounted later on.

Coming from a guy with that avatar, that makes me a little sad to hear:( They could still have improved it since then, but major changes in 2 months seems a little unlikely.. Isn't that right Zach?

Hanmik

they should send me a free PS4 version of this game.. I solved most of the riddles (they even made some news on some gaming sites about me and my detective work) and made the videos available to people before anyone knew about the game..

Asbear

Banned
Seems like it might be one of those titles that are in a sort of identity crisis. That's why I'm not super hyped.

Karak

Hyped as hell. Worked to get a review copy of it over a couple others games in fact. Something about it really seems super interesting.

Redshirt

Banned
It does seem interesting and fresh even, but some of the footage and Sessler's lukewarm reaction after previewing it have made me wary.

I think I'm just going to wait for it to go on sale. It doesn't help that I have so many other games I want to buy at the end of May and in June.

I wish there was a little more hype. The game actually looks cool compared to a lot of the other games releasing around it... Or releasing in general.

I want it to be good, but I am expecting just "good" reviews out of it and I do not have the money to pay full price. Mario Kart 8 is my big $50 until Smash Brothers U. Perhaps when it goes down to $40 and if it gets an 80 average, then I will play it. I spent too much and trying to catch up on Christmas games.

Shahadan

Nuuvem

23,11 EUR
31,65 USD
18,79 GBP

According to my converter anyway. I wouldn't expect Quantum Conundrum with it but it's probably a good thing :p

Edit: Sorry, forgot our hot australian friends : 34,22 AUD

thenexus6

I've been pretty interested in this for a long time, a new "101" video just got posted onto play stations youtube channel. I didn't realise it was out so soon, for some reason I thought it was late June release.

Definitely interested in picking it up close to launch

murgo

The 101 trailer was great and I've been interested in this game since seeing it at Gamescom last year. Even got a shirt for attending the presentation :)

Reminds me of MindJack just gotta released to die.

the game does look really cool though very high concept.
In that regard it actually seems more similar to Remember Me.

That was also a game I saw a trailer or two of and thought it looked like a cool concept, but then the game came and went and I never even considered picking it up. (think I might have gotten it for free on PS+, honestly can't remember, haha)

I need shit to play on my PS4 (like errbody, really) so I'll most definitely pick it up. Plus summer is a big drought...can't play PoE/D3/Dark Souls 2 PvP 24/7.

DVCY201

Honestly, the premise is incredibly interesting. But, I have no idea if the execution is going to be good at all. I'm waiting for impressions, that's for sure.

I'm picking it up. I think the game looks really good, and I'm always interested in detective style games. I also like the art style they went with.

peakish

I'm considering preordering this just to support some variety in game releases. Sure as hell needs it more than any big shooter.

Watching the 101 trailer makes me vary about several things though, like how engaging the puzzles and clue search will be. Honestly most biggish games are way too simple, with far too limited options available at times to be interesting. This plus that the story seems pretty trite ... ehh. I'm not expecting anything close to Ghost Trick. It would be great if it turns out well.

Also why does it have an experience system

I'm interested, but I'll be looking at reviews before I make a purchase.

I have a feeling this game could end up baaaaaaaaad. Legendarily bad.

Azlan

I hadn't heard much about it since last summer so it had fallen off of my radar. The latest trailer was pretty good though, so I will definitely be keeping an eye on the reviews.

Top Bottom