• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama Futari 360 Thread of Region and Panties-Free Golden Explosion Shooting

jepjepjep

I just got the game and stick over the weekend. The game is fantastic. I've been playing 1.5 Original mode for survival. So far, I've made it to the stage 4 boss.

DSC_7478.jpg

Acccording to the twitter page of one of the guys from Cave, there will be an interview they did with siliconera that will be posted in the coming days, and one of the questions answered will be the matter of a localized Mushihime-sama Futari.

jlevel13

This game is too addicting! It's always either just one more try, I gotta do better, or I gotta try out one of the almost countless different modes, or practice a boss fight, etc. I still don't even understand all the scoring for all the different modes (not that I'm good enough to really be worrying about scoring). Usually I play Black Label, but tonight I was digging into 1.1 and having a blast / getting my ass kicked.

hipgnosis said:
1 CC'd Black Label Original a few days ago. Wasn't too hard of a 1CC, but still I felt pretty great after beating it. My hands were shaking like hell after the final boss. :lol Great stuff. Didn't get a new record with that run, so there's a lot to be improved with my score.

Now I just need to 1CC 1.5 Original aswell. Have been pretty close a couple of times, but no dice.

Congrats man. Mushihimesama was my first, and I'll never forget her. :D

Futari Black I think is the perfect game to start playing shooters with. Forgiving difficulty, plenty of bombs and unlimited scoring opportunities.

1.5 Original really is a step above Black Label in terms of difficulty. I encourage you to go for it, but be aware that it's definitely tougher.

For me, Maniac was the next step after Original 1CC. I love both 1.5 and Black Label Maniac.

danmaku

Congratulations! Original may look easy at first, but when you hit level 3 it gets much harder (mainly because of rank). I no-missed stage 1-2-3 once, but when I reached stage 4 the bullets where so fast that I died after 5 seconds or so :lol

matmanx1

Play-Asia has the Mushihimesama Futari Hori stick on sale for a limited time for $99.00. I've been wanting a good shooter stick for the 360 for awhile now and I was going to mod another Mad Catz stick but for that price I can't pass on the Mushi stick.

The stick and my copy of the game should be in hand sometime next week. Good times!

Did I have to use the 1.01 code on my jpn account, cuz I did, but now I'm wishing I would of tried to use it on my main usa account because its not showing up in my mushi menu. When I start the game up a japanese prompt pops up with 1.01 in there somewhere. What is the translation?

I mean, 1.01 works on my jpn account. Just i'd like to use it only when I need to.

jlevel13

Water Turkey said:
Did I have to use the 1.01 code on my jpn account, cuz I did, but now I'm wishing I would of tried to use it on my main usa account because its not showing up in my mushi menu. When I start the game up a japanese prompt pops up with 1.01 in there somewhere. What is the translation?

I mean, 1.01 works on my jpn account. Just i'd like to use it only when I need to.

Yeah, the 1.01 code would have worked on any account or any region (I used it on my US 360, US account, for example), but you could only use it once.

matmanx1

Mushi is pretty fantastic, I have to say. It put me into that "zen" like trance state very quickly and the combination of great music, nice graphics and addictive shmup action hooked me.

I've just tried 1.5 Original Mode so far and I'm good up until stage 3 and then I start dieing alot. I went ahead and just used the continues tonight to see the rest of the stages and experience the ending but I can tell it's going to take lots of practice to 1cc that mode.

I definitely want the soundtrack now. It fits the game really well and just puts me in that groove that only a great shooter can. Lot of goodness here so I'm glad I exercised my intuition and gaf skills on this one and imported it.

Hey GAF, does anyone know of an online retailer(trustworthy) that has copies of the region-free version in stock? I see it's back-ordered on Play Asia, and that's the only site I've used for importing games in the last few years. Thanks for any tips.

HitokiriNate85 said:
Hey GAF, does anyone know of an online retailer(trustworthy) that has copies of the region-free version in stock? I see it's back-ordered on Play Asia, and that's the only site I've used for importing games in the last few years. Thanks for any tips.
http://www.yesasia.com/us/mushihime...n-japan-version/1021224759-0-0-0-en/info.html

It will work on a North American system despite what the description says.
Be prepared to pay the YesAsia premium though.

edit: still cheaper than Japan Video Games though!

hipgnosis

conman said:
Wow. So it's listed in the regular XBL marketplace?
It is actually listed in the regular marketplace. It took a little time to find it but it was definitely there. Just look from the All game add-ons section and it is the last one from there. It is completely in japanese though, but the picture will give it away.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Is the DLC card worth hunting down and buying? I just bought this for $40 off a friend who didn't have the DLC card. Really good deal regardless though.

danmaku

Aigis said:
Is the DLC card worth hunting down and buying? I just bought this for $40 off a friend who didn't have the DLC card. Really good deal regardless though.

Only if you find it dirt cheap. 1.01 is a beta version, 1.5 is the real deal. Save your money for Black Label instead.

simtmb

I should get back to going online with my 360 and actually playing these sweet STG's some more. As I'm online most often with my PS3, those that add me to compare scores with etc, end up deleting me quite quickly :lol

For anyone here that may of added me, my several month inactivity = SF4 online on PS3 :lol

conman

Any tips on knowing better when to switch weapons? There are some visual cues (your color changes, the score color changes), but I feel like I'm missing something more obvious. I don't like having to look straight at my character or at the upper left of the screen to know when to switch.

danmaku

There are no other cues in 1.5, just practice the levels and you'll know the parts when you should keep an eye on the character (don't look at the counter, it means death! :D). In Black Label there's also a little sound effect that plays when you need to switch, very useful.

conman

The color change around the character isn't as pronounced there as it is with the counter. Guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Haven't bought/played Black Label yet. But I did notice that EspGaluda2 similarly uses a sound cue to tell you when to switch modes. Definitely useful.

Risette

A Good Citizen
So I found DLC cards on the Japan Yahoo Auction site.. Does anyone know how to order things off of there? They seem to be decently priced.

hipgnosis

Finally 1CC'd 1.5 Original!!!

Been trying to do this for a loooong time. :lol Was pretty pumped after it, I was on my last ship when Larsa died.

Now I can finally concentrate on other modes, gonna go for BL Maniac.

Daigoro

awesome. you put in the hard work and it paid off. very cool. cograts.

i havent played this game in ages. i need to get back to it soon.

hipgnosis said:
Finally 1CC'd 1.5 Original!!!

Been trying to do this for a loooong time. :lol Was pretty pumped after it, I was on my last ship when Larsa died.

Now I can finally concentrate on other modes, gonna go for BL Maniac.

350662-big_boss_salute_super.jpg

Good work, soldier.

BL Maniac is a great next step. I wouldn't touch 1.5 Maniac until you're very comfortable with BL Maniac, since the 1.5 version is much much harder.

hipgnosis

adversesolutions said:
Good work, soldier.

BL Maniac is a great next step. I wouldn't touch 1.5 Maniac until you're very comfortable with BL Maniac, since the 1.5 version is much much harder.
Thanks!

Yeah definitely going to concentrate on BL, the slowdown makes it a lot easier.

Good job hipgnosis. I still want to 1CC 1.5 Original with Reco before I move on to Maniac for good. I can make it to Larsa with her, but god she takes forever to kill since her laser is so weak and I can't dodge her attacks consistently. :(

hipgnosis

iconoclast said:
Good job hipgnosis. I still want to 1CC 1.5 Original with Reco before I move on to Maniac for good. I can make it to Larsa with her, but god she takes forever to kill since her laser is so weak and I can't dodge her attacks consistently. :(
Yeah I might go for Reco 1CC too in the future. The bosses with Palm are a lot easier, but isn't there more slowdown with Reco in the stages so they should be easier at least?

danmaku

This must be a good time for Futari! I just 1CC'd Black Label Original (with Reco). So far I didn't pay much attention to Original mode, I was mainly bashing my head against the Maniac wall, but this week I decided to take a break and play some Original. Wise decision! :lol now, back to Maniac!

p.s. anyone knows what the hell the ending means?

0oCLiGJhbC83FQQcXSJRGEQ3L2FjaC8wL0MAAAAA5+fn-e0iCA==.jpg

Finally cleared 1.5 Original with Reco! Took way longer than it probably should have, but I'm glad it's finally done. I had a good run where I no miss'd up to stage 5, so I finally made it to Larsa with some lives to spare. Wound up with a 232m score, so I'm pretty happy with that for now.

Now I can start focusing solely on Maniac. I think I'll start with the Black Label version first..

hipgnosis

Congrats! That's a nice score as well.

My goal is to beat 200 mil someday, my current record is a about 184 mil. Might have to start playing with Reco since it seems she has more scoring potential than Palm.

Super lttp. but I 1CC'd Futari Black Label with Reco yesterday, and just now did the same with Palm. First 1CC, and it feels good man. Took a good solid month or so of obsessively playing 1.5 original, before I finally caved (arf) in and bought the DLC, and in about two week's playing I got the 1CC in that mode.

I think I'll keep playing BL some more as Reco - although I managed a 1CC, beating Larsa was just ugly brute forcing. Level 3 has been a constant trial for me in this game, and nearly broke me for a while - I was no missing and no bombing the first two levels with my eyes closed only to hit a brick wall mainly on the second half of stage 3, with the boss putting the final touches on my humiliation. Even worse was that on the occasions when I did get past the third level I was easily getting way into the fifth level, and that taste of success only made it all the more frustrating on the games where I'd fuck up and throw away three lives in quick succession on those damned woodlice.

As a result I hadn't practiced Larsa at all, and stupidly tried to make it through the patterns blind. After pissing away all but one of my three lives and hardly using any bombs I decided to just brute force it, which worked but made it a curiously hollow victory. It was incredibly satisfying beating this game, and just bombing through the biggest challenge without really learning how to do it was incredibly anticlimactic - I felt like I cheated!

I think next up is to finally 1cc 1.5 original (I was consistently getting to the last level before I switched to BL so it shouldn't be too far off), and to 1cc Arrange Ultra which seems fairly easy but I keep fucking up on the secret final boss.

Torraz

adversesolutions said:
Congrats man. Mushihimesama was my first, and I'll never forget her. :D

Futari Black I think is the perfect game to start playing shooters with. Forgiving difficulty, plenty of bombs and unlimited scoring opportunities.

1.5 Original really is a step above Black Label in terms of difficulty. I encourage you to go for it, but be aware that it's definitely tougher.

For me, Maniac was the next step after Original 1CC. I love both 1.5 and Black Label Maniac.

How does one get this "futari black"?

I imported a region unlocked copy to the PAL territories if that matters.

As my first shooter I found this a tad too hard, so I switched over to some of the touhou shooters, but this keeps fascinating me, but I'm simply not good enough yet...

Torraz said:
How does one get this "futari black"?

I imported a region unlocked copy to the PAL territories if that matters.

As my first shooter I found this a tad too hard, so I switched over to some of the touhou shooters, but this keeps fascinating me, but I'm simply not good enough yet...

Futari Black is available for download on Xbox LIVE.

The DLC name is apparently Mushihimesama-hutari-Black-Lavel over there. Try searching for it.

This thread may help if you can't find it.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/act...how_msgs.php?pid=959825&topic_id=m-1-52614149

I'm from the UK as well and only downloaded it a few weeks ago. You don't seem to be able to download it from the marketplace ingame (and I'm not sure if it appears on the UK marketplace available from the dashboard at all), so I had to get it from the following link:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/虫姫さまふたり/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802435a07d7

After that, be warned there is a serious bug in Black Label. Once you've got it installed it causes the game to randomly freeze in every game mode (NOT the usual deliberate slowdown), which is absolutely game breaking in a title as demanding as this.

I was playing the game straight off disc, not installed, and had the DLC on my hard disc and it caused the game to freeze up in this manner. I've seen people state that installing the game as well stops it from happening, but I've sure I've also seen people state the opposite. What I did was something suggested elsewhere: I moved the DLC from the hard drive to a USB stick I always have plugged into the XBox (if you've got one of the newer ones you could try sticking it on the internal 4GB flash storage). This causes it to take a second or two longer to load Black Label now, but fixes the freezes in all modes. Sadly it seems Cave will never fix this bug even though they definitely know about it.

Top Bottom