• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama Futari 360 Thread of Region and Panties-Free Golden Explosion Shooting

epmode

Bebpo said:
I still don't understand why but I do better in Maniac than Original (same thing with the original Mushihimesama). Even though there are more bullets somehow it feels like the bullets themselves are easier?
More bullets, but slower.

Flek said:
true but if i dont like halo iam not running arround in the halo thread telling them its "overhyped". And beeing new to shumps isnt a exuse at all. Iam new too but i love mushihimesama anyway.
It was never my intention to troll this thread or whatever, but this game and it's cover was all over the place on NeoGAF follwed by sentences how it is the shmup of the forever. That's how I experienced the whole situation.

danmaku

Mailenstein said:
It was never my intention to troll this thread or whatever, but this game and it's cover was all over the place on NeoGAF follwed by sentences how it is the shmup of the forever. That's how I experienced the whole situation.

I think that with shmups it's really a matter of taste. I own the gamecube version if Ikaruga (JPN and PAL) and the XBLA version, but I've never been able to like it. It's a great game, and the soundtrack is amazing, but the level design and the scoring system never clicked for me. In those games you have to replay the same stages over and over and over to master them, and you must REALLY like the gameplay to do so. If you don't like the presentation, I'd say play some of Cave's older stuff like Dodonpachi and Guwange. They're 100% worth a try if you like shmups.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Mailenstein said:

I was gonna ask you this earlier (got sidetracked by movie watching with the wife) before you removed your gamertag from your neogaf profile, but why isn't the game on your gamertag?

Also why did you remove your gamertag from your neogaf profile?

Have you even played it? :lol

Mailenstein said:
Wow, the game doesn't click for me = stupid to understand scoring aka suck at shmups. Awesome. As I said before - different people, different opinions. Just accept it, thanks.
This is the scoring system:

When the numbers are green, use your regular shot. When the numbers are blue, use your laser.

This is difficult to understand?

Baka Zeitgeist said:
I was gonna ask you this earlier (got sidetracked by movie watching with the wife) before you removed your gamertag from your neogaf profile, but why isn't the game on your gamertag?

Ah, so he's plainly trolling the thread.

Yes Boss!

Baka Zeitgeist said:

That was the first thing I did, was look to see if he had a gamertag. Also, the post history has a certain trend/flavor.

Oh well, everybody is entitled to an opinion but it seems pointless to try to stink up a the Mushi thread.

Fwiw Mailenstein, not everybody knows about or cares what bape is...I just see the mario that was on a DS a few years back.

Dude lives in Japan so he's probably played it in an arcade or something.

Doesn't excuse his shitty taste but whatevs.

(Doesn't explain why he removed his gamertag from his profile though...)

jkh13

Neo Member
Does anyone know where to get this game in Hong Kong? Went around to the usual places in HK (188 and golden arcade) but couldn't see it anywhere :( , well actually I saw the LE for 800HKD in one place but when I went back 2 days later with the cash, it was gone already.

Tempted to actually order it from PA now even though the street price for the game in Hong Kong is much less than the import price PA is charging.

Dazzyman

Im not a massive flying people shmup person and wasnt a fan of prequel to this on PS2. Dunno why but I always prefer ships. Some do it for us like Galuda series. I bought this anyway cas its a shmup and my JPN 360 just cries otherwise and Id say its up with the best shmups out their,

Feels like DDPDJ in different clothes slightly but its probably best complete pacakage and upgrade we have ever had as a console port.

The scoring is very deep when you understand it - auto shot in green to get more gems from 0-499 up to 1.5 and then the blue lazer style hold down button to get more gems 500-999 (the one that sucks the gems up off the floor) add to that trying to be close to kill em to get the glowing gems and then it splitz it from just a surviving shooter to a more complicated scoring one.

BL changes that system so you swap later and gives you a sound when you need to. If you played it without knowiing these you get alot less score and tiny gems instead.

I usually play for 1cc survival but its first time I go for score. Sort of gets me killed earlier (only made it to 1.3 on 1.5 and BL manic and original) but it will keep me going for years.

Roll on Galuda 2 and Ketusi

Yoritomo

I'm sure others have already made this mistake but I keep expecting to find panties free golden showers futanari in this thread. :(

Yoritomo said:
I'm sure others have already made this mistake but I keep expecting to find panties free golden showers futanari in this thread. :(

Freudian..? :D

But yeah, first time I saw the game mentioned back when the arcade version was released I kept seeing "futanari" in the title and was sad if they had done what it seemed to Reko.

Bebpo

Banned
I've been playing for score and achievements today and have some questions:

1. One of the achievements is get the counter to 30,000 in god mode. Umm, I got it to the max 30,000x counter and nothing happened. ????? Only achievement that hasn't activated so far unless I did something wrong?

2. What is the best scoring strategy for Maniac mode 1.5 or Black Label? I was only using shot and building the counter to maximum and then using laser to take down the boss, but I was noticing the boss doesn't give a super amount of glowy points. Am I supposed to be mixing up shot and laser usage in maniac mode? I don't really know the best strategy.

3. Also what's the best character for each mode scoring-wise. Like in Maniac since you're mainly using shot and not laser it'd seem to make more sense to use someone with a strong shot. Also I noticed bombs doing A LOT OF DAMAGE in maniac mode, does their effectiveness change between the modes?

4. How do you get 200,000 million in original and 300,000 million in maniac? My highest scores are nowhere near those and even the leaderboards of the people in my friends list are nowhere near that. Do you pretty much need to 1CC the modes to get that kind of score?

5. Also sometimes the game stutters for a millisecond. This is different than the slowdown in the game. After installing the game to the hard drive it seems less frequent but I still notice it occasionally. Is this game killing my X360 with it's awesomeness?

Thanks,

danmaku

Bebpo said:

1. One of the achievements is get the counter to 30,000 in god mode. Umm, I got it to the max 30,000x counter and nothing happened. ????? Only achievement that hasn't activated so far unless I did something wrong?

2. What is the best scoring strategy for Maniac mode 1.5 or Black Label? I was only using shot and building the counter to maximum and then using laser to take down the boss, but I was noticing the boss doesn't give a super amount of glowy points. Am I supposed to be mixing up shot and laser usage in maniac mode? I don't really know the best strategy.

3. Also what's the best character for each mode scoring-wise. Like in Maniac since you're mainly using shot and not laser it'd seem to make more sense to use someone with a strong shot. Also I noticed bombs doing A LOT OF DAMAGE in maniac mode, does their effectiveness change between the modes?

4. How do you get 200,000 million in original and 300,000 million in maniac? My highest scores are nowhere near those and even the leaderboards of the people in my friends list are nowhere near that. Do you pretty much need to 1CC the modes to get that kind of score?

5. Also sometimes the game stutters for a millisecond. This is different than the slowdown in the game. After installing the game to the hard drive it seems less frequent but I still notice it occasionally. Is this game killing my X360 with it's awesomeness?

Thanks,

2. The best strategy is to max out your counter as fast as possible, then find an enemy that spams a lot of bullets on screen and then trigger the "point explosion" (kill him with the laser while you chaining bar is empty). Rinse and repeat. You don't have to do this only on the bosses, even during stages there are a lot of scoring opportunities.

There are a couple of tricks to reap more gems:
- if you kill an enemy with the shot while your chaining bar is red you'll get more gems, so you should always try to chain groups of enemies dodonpachi-style.
- if you kill an enemy with the laser while your chaining bar is red you'll get an incredible amount of gems (enough to fill the entire screen). This is a bit tricky, because when you use laser the chaining bar drops very fast, so you should find a big enemy (ie. the ice pillars in the second stage), do some damage whit the shot and finish him with the laser. This is the best way to max out your counter really fast.
- Black Label is more or less the same, but there's also a proximity system: if you kill enemies at point-blank distance you'll get more gems. Also, there are more enemies, bullets and gems in BL, so you have more scoring opportunities and the optimal strategy is different from 1.5

3. I don't know, but if you play for score forget about bombs. You get big bonuses for not using your bombs at the end of each level and at the end of the game (especially in BL). Use them as a "panic button" only when it's necessary.

4. You must be really really really good :D you can donwload some replays from the leaderboards to see how they get so many points. Keep in mind that the world record for Original is more then 490 millions, so 200 isn't impossible at all. Don't ask me how anyway, my record for Original is a piss poor 70 millions :lol

5. I noticed that too. I don't know if it's a bug or I did something wrong with the display options. I set the delay to 1 (LCD), maybe I should change that?

Garcian

Bebpo said:

This happened to me too - the achievement finally unlocked after the 3rd or 4th time I got the counter to 30,000

Bebpo said:
I've mostly been playing 1.5 Original and my high score is around 170m I think. I made it like half way through stage 5 during that run, so I guess you'll need to pretty much 1CC it unless you understand a lot of the little quirks for maximizing your score.

Bebpo said:
I think this is due to the Black Label DLC. At least that's what most people were blaming it on last I checked... it's pretty surprising how much a split-second freeze can screw you up though :lol

Bebpo

Banned
iconoclast said:
I think this is due to the Black Label DLC. At least that's what most people were blaming it on last I checked... it's pretty surprising how much a split-second freeze can screw you up though :lol

Ah, that'd make sense and explain why I wasn't noticing it when I first got it. Weird glitch. Hopefully they can patch it.

danmaku

iconoclast said:

WTF? How could they screw up 1.5 with a simple DLC?
Is it possible to fix the problem by deleting the BL? I always play 1.5 anyway.

Yes Boss!

danmaku said:
WTF? How could they screw up 1.5 with a simple DLC?
Is it possible to fix the problem by deleting the BL? I always play 1.5 anyway.

I dunno. I get a split-second lock-up just about every game now. Just happens random-like and in a different spot every time. I've got the game installed and that doesn't seem to help. I'll likely delete Black Label for the time being to see if it helps...haven't even touched that mode yet.

Speaking of, I've really gotta get back to this game...think I only played it for about two hours total in all of the last three weeks :-(

Daigoro

yeah i havent played any shmups in the last several weeks. barely put any time into this one yet either.

1.5 was really pissing me off though. i was just dying in the dumbest ways and not progressing at all. needed a break. that and i bought several games over the holiday break didnt help.

having gamer ADD is rough.

Ok this is probably hands down the best manic shooter i've played in like forever. The last one imported was Donpachi Daioujou and that was just a brutal beating. I also played Raiden IV for PS2 and that was kinda garbage.

Original arcade mode:
Felt like any other maniac shooter just plain hard and struggling/continuing through the game to the end. I do like the overall quality of quantity as far as levels compared to say Daioujou because in that game I simply got bored after several same looking levels.

Novice mode:
I was about to put it away and go back to Bayonetta but then I played through Novice mode, the graphics were obviously nicer but I played through the end and actually had fun as I felt the game was less about dying in a barrage of bullets but more about managing the shooting then not-shooting as when you let up on the attack it automatically absorbs nearby golden shards. Along with the overall slowed down speed of the character this made it less prone to running into random stray bullets, this felt pretty satisfying coupled with the cave/donpachi mechanic of letting go of the attack makes your ship move faster. It could be just me but it also feels like the pressing the fire also slightly slows down the game giving you a bit of an advantage when maneuvering through the rain of bullets. Added with the autobomb when you get hit makes the game really accessible.

Arrange:
I then played through Arrange which I managed to survive without continuing which is also a rarity on cave shooters. The thread title "golden explosion" literally make sense here, I guess they made it easier as the 2p is your shadow and it feels like you're destroying everything with a gigantic laser turning everything into piles of gold. I was pretty convinced when I purchased this game it would be just for the artwork/supporting cave but I'm actually glad I bought it. I also tried ultra arrange and that kind of reminds me of cave shooters. I also noticed in arrange mode your beetles sometimes reflect bullets that seems to be managed by the red numbers on the 2p side and almost seems like a requirement when playing in ultra difficulty, is there a way to recharge that?

Dazzyman

Their wasnt a Raiden IV for PS2 it only came out on 360 (3 came out though on PS2 and PC). IV is very good its not a manic though.

This is manic lite on normal mode not deadly like usual cave shmups.

Cmagus

playing the crap out of this funny thing is from the start I started on ultra and have never gone down.Slowly I am improving number of continues used is dropping

Ledsen

anotheriori said:
Arrange:
I then played through Arrange which I managed to survive without continuing which is also a rarity on cave shooters. The thread title "golden explosion" literally make sense here, I guess they made it easier as the 2p is your shadow and it feels like you're destroying everything with a gigantic laser turning everything into piles of gold. I was pretty convinced when I purchased this game it would be just for the artwork/supporting cave but I'm actually glad I bought it. I also tried ultra arrange and that kind of reminds me of cave shooters. I also noticed in arrange mode your beetles sometimes reflect bullets that seems to be managed by the red numbers on the 2p side and almost seems like a requirement when playing in ultra difficulty, is there a way to recharge that?

You slow down bullets by shooting with the C button. You reflect the slowed down bullets back when you switch to shooting with the A button, this gives you lots of yellow gems. The counter in the bottom right is your defense meter. If it's 0, you can't slow down bullets. The counter increases while bullets are being slowed down, and decreases when you reflect them back or when your support character gets hit. The counter in the bottom left is the offense meter. It goes up when you collect yellow gems. The two meters switch values when you switch characters. The goal is getting both meters to 9999, then you can activate fever mode (I think it activates the next time you reflect bullets after getting both counters to 9999) and all hell breaks lose. Unfortunately the counters also start ticking down fast towards 0 again.

Yes Boss! said:
I dunno. I get a split-second lock-up just about every game now. Just happens random-like and in a different spot every time. I've got the game installed and that doesn't seem to help. I'll likely delete Black Label for the time being to see if it helps...haven't even touched that mode yet.

Speaking of, I've really gotta get back to this game...think I only played it for about two hours total in all of the last three weeks :-(
Installing the game would likely make the game hang more if the problem is from accessing the hdd.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
kobashi100 said:
Is it 100% confirmed that downloading Games on Demand from Japan is blocked as Raiden IV is up now.

I'm about 100% sure that Games on Demand has been region locked from the start of the service (google "360 games on demand region locked"), but only 98% sure that every game has been region locked up to this point.

The problem is no one wants to TOFTT to verify it one way or the other, as much as I'd love to play Raiden Fighter Aces, and Radien IV, but I can't afford to waste the money if they don't work. (hell if I could afford to do that I'd just buy a JPN 360 and be done with it) Then again if the game is region locked would microsoft take your points or just refuse to let you buy it?

One last thing, it stands to reason that if Cave had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get Futari region free (Having to pay for the game to go through Microsoft QA for each region, which is why the silence on ESPgaluda II region free status is so deafing) then Taito (or the US company who got it out in NA) would have to do the same for the games on demand versions of Radien to be region free, and the chance of that happening without a press release of some sort is slim to none.

danmaku

Last time I tried, it was locked. It was an Xbox Original game, though, so it may vary depending on the game. I used a japanese account on a japanese 360 and still it said that I couldn't buy/download the game from my location (clearly an IP check).

You can use a free proxy server in Japan to start the download and finish it (after you start you can turn off the proxy and only start it again at 99%).

Cmagus

I have a question about the achievements are the black label ones included in the list of overall achievements? or are they seperate or still to come when it is released?

Cmagus said:
I have a question about the achievements are the black label ones included in the list of overall achievements? or are they seperate or still to come when it is released?

Are you talking about the list in the op? BL has been out for a month mayne.

Cmagus

I know its out but I can get it for obvious reasons I was just wondering if they were apart of it as alot of games recently have been adding achievements on top of the ones that shipped with it.

anx10us

Banned
Finally got this up and running as its meant to be played, I have an Egret2 Arcade Machine now hooked up to my xbox360, picture below.

For those interested, i'm uk based and had the cabinet imported from Japan, the screen rotates and is a 28" diagonal, the screen is vga so works perfectly with the xbox360 and dreamcast vga cables. I've hacked a bunch of controllers so that I can utilise the Jamma harness to replicate the xbox/dreamcast controllers. Sound is via the inbuilt speakers and a small subwoofer.

Playing with a joypad or stick is great but nothing beats the full arcade experience ;-)

I've had the game for a week now and absolutely love it, my hi score is 115m on normal using Palm/Normal, I can get mid way into lvl 4, it will be a while until I 1cc ....

29bef0y.jpg

Ledsen

Cmagus said:
I know its out but I can get it for obvious reasons I was just wondering if they were apart of it as alot of games recently have been adding achievements on top of the ones that shipped with it.

Recently? Expansions/DLC for 360 games have always been added to the normal list of achievements for the game.

LiK

Is it really confirmed that BL causes framerate issues with 1.5 or is this just a rumor? I'll test out 1.5 again and see if it's any different now that I got BL, altho I doubt I'll notice the difference.

danmaku

Yes, it's really confusing. I have the game installed on a 60GB HD, with 1.01 and BL, and I see hiccups every now and then.

LiK

danmaku said:
Yes, it's really confusing. I have the game installed on a 60GB HD, with 1.01 and BL, and I see hiccups every now and then.
I have a 120GB, which part of the lvl should I expect freezing when I investigate?

I have a 60gb, and when I installed the BL patch I did have the stuttering... I havent tried it since I cleared my cache though, that may be something to do tonight and I'll come back with results.

It will also give me valuable play time in, I havent touched poor Reko <oops!> in weeks :lol

Eagerly waiting for the decision on ESPGaluda 2's region..

Yes Boss!

LiK said:
I have a 120GB, which part of the lvl should I expect freezing when I investigate?

It is all random. What is for certain is that it immediately appeared the night I first downloaded the BL. It is not really game-breaking but it is SUPER obvious when it happens and totally uncharacteristic of the game.

I dunno...I still have not erased BL yet since the issue is minor but I've a feeling that will be a temp solve. And I've only tried the game on one of my 360s (launch Elite) so who knows if the other chipsets exhibit the problem.

LiK

Yes Boss! said:
It is all random. What is for certain is that it immediately appeared the night I first downloaded the BL. It is not really game-breaking but it is SUPER obvious when it happens and totally uncharacteristic of the game.

I dunno...I still have not erased BL yet since the issue is minor but I've a feeling that will be a temp solve. And I've only tried the game on one of my 360s (launch Elite) so who knows if the other chipsets exhibit the problem.
Hmmm, okay. I hope I have no issues. I'll test it out tonight and report back.

Top Bottom