• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama Futari 360 Thread of Region and Panties-Free Golden Explosion Shooting

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Garcian said:
The first print of the game (the limited edition & the solus game) came with a code to unlock version 1.01 - as you say, an earlier version of the game with no achievements tied to it - it's only available via the d/l card & not on Marketplace.

What is on the marketplace is Black Label, which has some mode/gameplay changes & some extra achievements - yours for 1200 schrute-bucks.
Ah, thank you. No big loss then.

Does Black Label need to be bought on a J-360 account?

robot

Anyone know if they sell the soundtrack separately? The high score entry song is looping non-stop in my head again.

Bebpo

Banned
Is it just me or is this game hard?

This is coming from someone who owns every Cave home release and has been playing Cave games for a good decade now ^^; I'd played Futari in the arcade a few times but only the first 2-3 stages. Stage 4 is impossible for me right now. Usually I do ok in Cave games until the final stage, but Futari just seems damn hard. Either I'm missing something about the gameplay system, or for me personally this is the toughest Cave game I've played. Maybe I've just let my skills rust after playing Death Smiles for so long (which is fairly easy and player friendly for a Cave game).

Bebpo

Banned
souvlakispacestation said:
Maniac is a good challenge, and Ultra is crazy, but Original is pretty easy. Way easier than most Cave games that came before it.

Then I must be doing something wrong because I'm playing on Original and by stage 4 it's almost impossible for me.

I can get through Dodonpachi Daioujo, Espgaluda, Esprade, Ibara, Death Smiles no problem. I'm not sure why this seems much more difficult. It seems like the bullets are faster than the usual Cave speed I'm used too and it just seems like there are more bullets from more directions.

Then again I haven't read anything about the gameplay systems in Futari? I've just been playing it like Dodonpachi with standard shot & hold-down for laser. Are there systems that I should know about that make things easier? I didn't really play the original Mushihimesama much because I didn't like it.

Stage 3 usually gives me way more trouble than stage 4 really. There's lots of enemies in stage 4 that will clear all the bullets once you kill them, so just make sure you get on them asap I guess. Other than that you might want to stick with abnormal Palm for 1.5 since he can get through the bosses pretty quickly with his laser. I prefer Reco in Black Label though.

danmaku

If by "get through" you mean 1CC then it's really strange, Galuda and Rade are surely easier but DOJ is notorious for its insane difficulty, and Ibara is even worse.

But it's very hard to judge, because it really depends on how much time you put into the game and this kind of games in general. As of now, I'd say that Mushi1 Maniac is easier than Futari's Maniac, but adversity said the opposite. About the gameplay, if you don't play for score there's nothing different from the usual Cave fare: shoot, laser, bombs.

Is it just me, or has the hype been bigger than the game's quality? It's the typical "NeoGAF hype is bigger than the game's worth" game :(.

danmaku

Mailenstein said:
That's if you are really into all this anime stuff etc., but as for a shooter I've played way better ones :/.

Anime stuff? Almost no one is talking about the characters or the story in this thread, 99% of the posts are about the gameplay and how awesome it is. In the bullet hell subgenre, this is one of the best games ever released. If you prefer a more classic style in shooters, fine, but the quality of Mushi is really out of the question.

I can't think of any better shooters at the moment.

Futari is already my favorite Cave shooter(beats ESP Ra De handily) so that just leaves Raizing's offerings.

Actually yeah fuck it this game is better than Raizing's work cause I don't have to worry about rank control just to survive.

So after Cave and Raizing what's left? Okay well there's Treasure but they're a non-factor cause Radiant Silvergun sucks, Gradius 5 is too long, and I just don't like Ikaruga.

Psikyo? Well they're alright I guess but no the only game I really like from them is Sengoku Blade and that's probably for reasons aside from the actual game.

Alfa System and Milestone? Haha fuck them get the hell out.

Seibu Kaibatsu...okay yeah I love Raiden Fighters but sometimes I just prefer the raw intensity that Futari brings. The rest of the Raidens can suck it IMO.

Don't say Irem cause I don't care for R-Type, don't say Konami cause -dius is old and repetitive, definitely forget about Taito cause I can't even play their best shooter(G. Darius).

Still a 1,001 other shooter devs to write-off so instead of wasting more space writing their games off I'm just going to end it here.

EDIT: Just turn the voices off then.

danmaku said:
Anime stuff? Almost no one is talking about the characters or the story in this thread, 99% of the posts are about the gameplay and how awesome it is. In the bullet hell subgenre, this is one of the best games ever released. If you prefer a more classic style in shooters, fine, but the quality of Mushi is really out of the question.
It's just my opinion, you know. Different people, different opinions. It's just too much overloaded with girly screaming and shit imho.

danmaku

Mailenstein said:
It's just my opinion, you know. Different people, different opinions. It's just too much overloaded with girly screaming and shit imho.

Of course. My point was, people aren't digging this game because it has cute anime characters, they are digging it because the gameplay is fantastic. As for the style, someone likes it and someone just bears with it.

Mailenstein said:
That's if you are really into all this anime stuff etc., but as for a shooter I've played way better ones :/.
Yes. That must be why I enjoy this game, let alone purchased it. Because of all of the anime stuff. Yes. Makes perfect sense.

U K Narayan said:
Yes. That must be why I enjoy this game, let alone purchased it. Because of all of the anime stuff. Yes. Makes perfect sense.
I didn't say that, but good for you if that makes you buy it.

Llyranor

Oh my gosh, I can't believe you peons are defending this typical "NeoGAF hype is bigger than the game's worth" shovelware game. How can you appreciate the elaborate bullet patterns and excellent level design if you constantly have girly anime screams shoved down your ears?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Mailenstein said:

No, I'm pretty sure you haven't.

(HINT: If you say something by Psikyo, Alfa Systems or Milestone is better than Futari, your opinion is factually incorrect)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
God's Beard said:
Just wait. He's going to say Ikaruga, I can feel it.

Ikaruga is the safe answer. I love Treasure for all that they are, but Ikaruga is the de facto shooter for people that don't play that many shooters.

Llyranor

Hey, I love Ikaruga. Until I can 1cc that game, I don't feel like I can just scoff at it as though it were just a shmup for casuals.

Bebpo

Banned
I have a few questions:
1. How does the scoring system work in 1.5?

2. What does Black Label change? Gameplay mechanics or just scoring mechanics?

danmaku said:
If by "get through" you mean 1CC then it's really strange, Galuda and Rade are surely easier but DOJ is notorious for its insane difficulty, and Ibara is even worse.

But it's very hard to judge, because it really depends on how much time you put into the game and this kind of games in general. As of now, I'd say that Mushi1 Maniac is easier than Futari's Maniac, but adversity said the opposite. About the gameplay, if you don't play for score there's nothing different from the usual Cave fare: shoot, laser, bombs.

Yeah, I think I just need to put more time into. I played DDP & Esp to death and I've only played Futari maybe 5 times in the arcade and 2-3 times at home so far. I think I just need to click with it. Not feeling it right away, probably because I really dislike Mushihimesama and it's my least favorite Cave title. Futari is much better even from the start, but I think it needs to grow on me. Bug theme has never been my thing, I prefer ships or winged people or goth demons.

andymcc

Banned
Mailenstein said:
As for bullet hell shmups, I really love Batsugun and Donpachi. MFv1.5 comes nowhere near those two games imho.

if you love donpachi, i don't know what to say...

plus that "too-anime'ish" or w/e shit your spouting is stupid because that means you've clearly never played many cave games :lol

andymcc said:
if you love donpachi, i don't know what to say...

plus that "too-anime'ish" or w/e shit your spouting is stupid because that means you've clearly never played many cave games :lol
Who said I did? I just said I've played better games. But judging by your avatar, I've hit there a sensitive spot. The game is just not clicking for me. If I was up to games like this, I could just boot up perfect cherry blossom. Seriously, there are way better shmups.

Dambrosi

Banned
Mailenstein said:
Who said I did? I just said I've played better games. But judging by your avatar, I've hit there a sensitive spot. The game is just not clicking for me. If I was up to games like this, I could just boot up perfect cherry blossom. Seriously, there are way better shmups.
Oh, come on, dude, you're just trolling now. Touhou shmups are nothing like Cave shmups.

All Cave's enemy bullets are ONE shade of purple, for one thing :lol

Llyranor said:
Oh man, guy with an anime girl avatar, you just got told.
Didn't we, just. And by a guy with a Mario avatar, to boot. It smarts, for sure.

Dambrosi said:
Oh, come on, dude, you're just trolling now. Touhou shmups are nothing like Cave shmups.

All Cave's enemy bullets are ONE shade of purple, for one thing :lol
You guys just don't get the point. It's not the pink bullets. Why can't you just accept that this overhyped game is not rasing the bar for me at all? Jesus...

Dambrosi said:
And by a guy with a Mario avatar, to boot. It smarts, for sure.
Never heard of BAPE, huh :lol?

andymcc

Banned
Mailenstein said:
Never heard of BAPE, huh :lol?

still doesn't change the fact that it's a mario avatar.

from a japanese clothing company with a penchant for cutesy characters no less.

Bebpo said:
I have a few questions:
1. How does the scoring system work in 1.5?

2. What does Black Label change? Gameplay mechanics or just scoring mechanics?

1. Check out the op.

2. Mostly scoring mechanics, but Abnormal and Normal Reco and Palm have been combined, so both characters are much stronger, and Reco has options which latch onto things around the screen.

---------------

Re: Mailenstein's intervention, personally I think Mushi Futari is the first shooter in years to really deliver on the hype, thanks to an amazing port by M2, and the gameplay already present in both arcade versions. I suppose Mileage may vary, but geez, Donpachi and Batsugun came out years ago...if you're still content playing those, then maybe you don't need to be buying new shooters at all...?

I would be more understanding if someone leveled this criticism at Dodonpachi Daioujou, which is a hellish game basically unfun for those who don't sit down and accept the beatings to the face directly. If someone said that this doesn't live up to the hype, I can't blame them; I'm not sure why myself I put in enough time to get a decent score and 1CC the thing.

But Mushi is fun the whole way...at least for me. Every mode except for Ultra really. I have a feeling Mailenstein just didn't really understand the scoring system, or couldn't get very far.

Flek

Banned
wtf when did this thread for a damn great game turn into a hate war with peoble that dont know shit (haters xD)

adversesolutions said:
But Mushi is fun the whole way...at least for me. Every mode except for Ultra really. I have a feeling Mailenstein just didn't really understand the scoring system, or couldn't get very far.
Wow, the game doesn't click for me = stupid to understand scoring aka suck at shmups. Awesome. As I said before - different people, different opinions. Just accept it, thanks.

Hunahan

Banned
Flek said:
wtf when did this thread for a damn great game turn into a hate war with peoble that dont know shit (haters xD)
It's gaf.

Every thread turns into a hate war with people that don't know shit.

andymcc

Banned
Mailenstein said:
Wow, the game doesn't click for me = stupid to understand scoring aka suck at shmups. Awesome. As I said before - different people, different opinions. Just accept it, thanks.

the truth hurts doesn't it. : (

Mailenstein said:

Prove me wrong. Post scores.

You guys are really mature :). And I'm not going to start any scorewars, since it wouldn't change anything. Game sucks for me, but rocks for you. Fair enough and no reason to flame. Thanks, kids.

andymcc

Banned
Mailenstein said:
You guys are really mature :). And I'm not going to start any scorewars, since it wouldn't change anything. Game sucks for me, but rocks for you. Fair enough and no reason to flame. Thanks, kids.

keep on stoking those flames.

adversesolutions said:
Thought so. Bye.
Sorry for not taking part at scores you are proud of, son ;).

Seriously guys, just get over it. It's not like I was insulting anyone. There are ppl that like Mario and some don't. Some like Halo, some don't. Just because my opinion doesn't fit yours, it's no reason to flame someone being a bad shmup gamer :lol.

epmode

Mailenstein said:
You guys just don't get the point. It's not the pink bullets. Why can't you just accept that this overhyped game is not rasing the bar for me at all? Jesus...
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Bebpo

Banned
Ok, after reading how the scoring system works I'm really enjoying the game. I still don't understand why but I do better in Maniac than Original (same thing with the original Mushihimesama). Even though there are more bullets somehow it feels like the bullets themselves are easier? The chaining system is more my style there too.

Is there a post somewhere that lists everyone's gamertags for the leaderboards? I only have like 2 friends on the leaderboards :(

My nick is Bebpojp

Flek

Banned
Mailenstein said:
Seriously guys, just get over it. It's not like I was insulting anyone. There are ppl that like Mario and some don't. Some like Halo, some don't. Just because my opinion doesn't fit yours, it's no reason to flame someone being a bad shmup gamer :lol.

true but if i dont like halo iam not running arround in the halo thread telling them its "overhyped". And beeing new to shumps isnt a exuse at all. Iam new too but i love mushihimesama anyway.

Top Bottom