• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama Futari 360 Thread of Region and Panties-Free Golden Explosion Shooting

Miroku

Finally got a little more time to play and the game just keeps getting better.
I think I like arrange mode a lot, I was able to 1cc (one death) original arrange. Ended up with a little over 750mil pts, which landed me about 1300 on the leaderboards. Probably not so hot considering the top score is over 5billion :D

I decided to credit feed my way through regular mode Ultra just to see everything and wow what the fuck. What kind of alien does one need to be to have a chance of 1ccing that?? Totally insane.

I think I will stick with arrange until I can 1cc it on each mode :D

Also, black label seems cool but I'm not familiar enough with the game yet to spot the differences.

Is anyone else having problems convincing friends to even consider ordering a copy of this game? I swear its like trying to convince someone that poking themselves in the eye with a rusty nail feels good. They just don't get that ITS FUN TO PLAY!

simtmb

Woo!!!! My LE copy came in, along with my LCD mount for TATE, though problem with that was i read the specs wrong and well....bought the wrong product (it doesn't rotate :lol silly me). Though seeing as i game in my bedroom with two monitors, i just mounted it rotated....soooo looks like that one ain't gonna go back to landscape :lol guess I'll just call it my Shmuponitor. (lame but why not!) :D

Told myself i won't touch the LE, so i guess I'm still waiting on my SE copy which did in fact ship the same day, though from HK. Quick question though guy's, with the first print editions of the games, that include the DLC card (not sure if there's different LE prints..), does the DLC card come within the game case? I know that the first print copies have the pink sticker on them, though not sure if the DLC card comes inside the game case, or just attached.

Any info would be much appreciated, thanks!

simtmb said:
Told myself i won't touch the LE, so i guess I'm still waiting on my SE copy which did in fact ship the same day, though from HK. Quick question though guy's, with the first print editions of the games, that include the DLC card (not sure if there's different LE prints..), does the DLC card come within the game case? I know that the first print copies have the pink sticker on them, though not sure if the DLC card comes inside the game case, or just attached.

The DLC card was inside the game case for my, first print, standard edition.

Tain

reached 5-midboss for the first time after some stupid earlier deaths

triggered the 1up but did it too late, couldn't catch it

reached larsa. i'm onto you, you brown bug-faced bitch~

Still no mail, I just got Kubrick figs posted from HK on the 9th. Game was posted on the 1st! I will fire an email to PA, tell them that I will wait till the end of the week in case Customs Office decided to grab it.

manzo

MY GAME CAME YESTERDAY OH GOD

motherfucking play-asia. no 1.01 dlc code, even though i preordered in september. :mad:

vulva

I hate to complain about waiting like everyone else, but I just got another package from play-asia that was shipped over a week after mushi was shipped. I have my giant red puyo now, but no Mushi yet =(((

Bebpo

Banned
manzo said:
MY GAME CAME YESTERDAY OH GOD

motherfucking play-asia. no 1.01 dlc code, even though i preordered in september. :mad:

Mine is shipping tomorrow (pre-ordered months ago) and I expect the same. For the rest of the Cave games I'm just gonna go with NCSX since at least you know you'll get the pre-order bonus.

Yes Boss! said:
Espgaluda II regular edition is now up for preorder at NCS.

Nice! :D Still haven't received my copy of Mushi Futari ( :'( ) but I enjoyed the original ESPgaluda more than the first Mushihime so I expect ESP II to take the title of my favourite shmup :)

Looks like Espgaluda's a bit more expensive than Mushi was... PM me if you want the PA $5 off code I got with Mushi.

When will we know if it's region free?

Still haven't gotten the nerve to play this game again. I put in a session like every couple days cause I need so much time to recover from the trauma.

LiK

epmode said:
In the next few days, according to NCS.

if they decide to make it region-locked and see much lower sales than Mushihime, maybe that will let them know. but i hope they make it region-free right from the start.

The End

out for delivery

eeeee

Alright, I need some gamertags here, so I can have some competition for my leaderboards

I'm DocOkt

Yes Boss!

The End said:
o
Alright, I need some gamertags here, so I can have some competition for my leaderboards

I'm DocOkt

Added you.

I need to get back to playing. Stopped last friday for the work weekend and haven't picked it back up yet. Playing NSMB Wii so all is good, though!

Got to Larsa with two lives and two bombs on Maniac Reco today.

Blew it.

:lol

Took it right in the face on the first pattern even though I've practiced this boss.

What really hurt me though was two really random and stupid deaths in Stage 4. I did have a few really lucky dodges on the Stage 4 boss though so I'm not that mad.

JEKKI

64 milz on normal arcade now!

2vabcex.jpg

Im so leet haxor!! liek woot!!

got damn u guys tho shmup wizards and your 1CC style... Im far from there yet...

Just 1cc'd Black Label original with Reco. First Cave game I've cleared. So fun, and so hard.

Bomb spammed the last boss because I didn't want to risk it. Oh well. Futari 1.5 is up next.

Red Scarlet

Oh ok.

What all home versions of this game are there? I think there was a PS2 version, but I don't think I can play it. I have a Japanese and American PS2, but all the stuff on the screen (all those bullets) are too much for my eye to process and it makes me woozy/pass out/faint. I wanted to try the first game, though.

manzo

Red Scarlet said:
Oh ok.

What all home versions of this game are there? I think there was a PS2 version, but I don't think I can play it. I have a Japanese and American PS2, but all the stuff on the screen (all those bullets) are too much for my eye to process and it makes me woozy/pass out/faint. I wanted to try the first game, though.

Mushihimesama on PS2 is a Taito-made port. It's a shitty port in every possible way, but the only way to play it without having to buy the board. Japan only..

The original mode is not that bullet intensive.

Red Scarlet

Well I see those videos for the game and when there's 80 bazillion bullets on the screen it's too much for me to handle; I couldn't play it at actual speed without pausing multiple times every couple seconds.

Red Scarlet said:
Well I see those videos for the game and when there's 80 bazillion bullets on the screen it's too much for me to handle; I couldn't play it at actual speed without pausing multiple times every couple seconds.

Red, check out some of the videos of Original in the op, I don't think they're that crazy? There's even simpler modes for Novices to help you get your skill up too. It's a really beginner-friendly game actually.

Danmaku, add me on Xbox live!

Red Scarlet

I'll check them in a little while. Thanks. Too many bullets is too much for me to process though. :( So I am jealous of y'all that can play that stuff.

Tain

manzo said:
Mushihimesama on PS2 is a Taito-made port. It's a shitty port in every possible way, but the only way to play it without having to buy the board. Japan only..

The original mode is not that bullet intensive.

Cave actually developed the Taito-published PS2 ports themselves. They just didn't really get the slowdown all that right, from what I've heard, and they didn't exactly go crazy with display options. Maybe it would have been too hard with PS2 hardware or it just wasn't a big concern for them at the time.

Finally got this yesterday after waiting 3 weeks. Loving it! :D Only played for a little while so my scores are pretty poor, but gonna add all those who posted their gamertags later today :)

manzo

Tain said:
Cave actually developed the Taito-published PS2 ports themselves. They just didn't really get the slowdown all that right, from what I've heard, and they didn't exactly go crazy with display options. Maybe it would have been too hard with PS2 hardware or it just wasn't a big concern for them at the time.

Really? I always thought the porting was done in-house within Taito.

Still, they didn't even add 240p for the TATE mode; the scaling is horrible in the port. Lots of slowdown not in the original game was also present, plus the level 5 audio loop glitches. Music also restarts whenever you pause the game.

Isn't Mushi running on the 200mhz SH3 hardware? The game was probably too taxing for PS2.

manzo

Red Scarlet said:
Ok so I guess I am SOL for this series. :(

It's a matter of getting used to the bullet barrages. About 90% of the bullets aren't even aimed at you withing boss battles so it's just seeing where you are and avoiding the necessary bullets.

Also, practice makes perfect.

danmaku

Mushi PS2 port isn't really the best place to start for a beginner: very pixelated graphics and jerky slowdowns make the game harder and sometimes lead to cheap deaths. It's still playable, but I wouldn't recommend it if you can play Futari.

@adversesolutions: what's your gamertag? Mine is S3ar Me. Also, a gamertag list in the first post would be nice ;) glad to see that a lot of people are playing the game!

Woot!

Just ordered a copy of Futari from NCSX (damn backorder!). Also my wife just gave me a SE fightstick as an early Christmas present so I picked up about $75 in Sanwa parts for that too. Now just waiting for it to get here...

I'm pretty excited, as I've never played anything from Cave. I love shooters, even though I suck pretty hard at them. I'm hoping I still have fun with this one.

lolmark

I'm thinking about pre-ordering Espgaluda 2 off NCSX this time. Do they take money once I place the pre-order or when it ships?

LiK

Waiting to know if Espagaluda is region-free is so annoying. Why can't they just make all future titles region-free? It doesn't really affect their Japan sales, does it?

Miroku

LiK said:
Waiting to know if Espagaluda is region-free is so annoying. Why can't they just make all future titles region-free? It doesn't really affect their Japan sales, does it?

I'm with you there. CAVE, If you are listening, I WANT TO GIVE YOU MONEY! In exchange for awesome games of course.

Top Bottom