• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama Futari 360 Thread of Region and Panties-Free Golden Explosion Shooting

Flek

Banned
LiK said:
Waiting to know if Espagaluda is region-free is so annoying. Why can't they just make all future titles region-free? It doesn't really affect their Japan sales, does it?

i agree !! but its kinda ms fault for giving developers the choice. When it comes to region codes sony did it the best @this gen

LiK

Flek said:
i agree !! but its kinda ms fault for giving developers the choice. When it comes to region codes sony did it the best @this gen
I'm with you. The PS3 AND PSP are both region-free. Gotta give props to Sony for that. I love importing weird JPN games

Yes Boss!

JEKKI said:
64 milz on normal arcade now!

2vabcex.jpg

Damn, you booted me off the front page. :-( I think I'm at 61 million or something. I'm gonna play a bunch this weekend and shoot for 100 million and the second extend.

JEKKI

shutup boss!!

you're at 70+ milz!!!

stop being king of the scrubs!! aka the non 1cc club!!

btw that's overall boards... not friends boards, otherwise your score would be there.

GOT MY REVENGE

Cleared it with 1 life left!

1100 GS baby woo!

Last two achievements are fuck-all hard so I'll probably never bother with them. But shit yeah, I'm done for the moment.

1.5 Maniac was an awesome challenge. I really like it as a mode, and it's neck and neck with BL Maniac for me now. Since the timing for the chaining bar is so tight, you have to really think about the layout of enemies and stages in order to trigger the big amber gems, and when you get it right, it's so satisfying.

Finished with a score of 330 mil, which was enough for 50 or so on the Reco leaderboards. I have to pay respect to people that can score well with Reco on this mode, it is TIGHT. Especially stage 4 is just a nightmare for the first half of the level since you're so weak. I wound up just plowing the fuck through some of the caterpillars because trying to score would get me killed too often.

Great game, wow.

I'll come back to it to play some God mode I think, but I'm gonna stop for now. My monitor has been tated for three fucking weeks :lol and I need to get my MW2 on.

andymcc

Banned
getting ready for a huge christmas party, haven't had the chance to play for the last few days. :lol i'm going to try to squeeze some time in soon.

manzo

I've been toying around with the game for the week, but my house renovations are keeping me out of the game. :(

I've decided that my new year's resolution will be clearing God mode in 1cc. >:)

Having played 1.5 Maniac extensively for the past 2 weeks, I have to wonder if God mode would really be that much harder than it...

With practice I think I could no-miss up to stage 3 boss

(bombs:

Stage 2 boss: maybe 1
Stage 3 mid-boss: 1
Latter half of stage 3: 2)

From there I'd probably get clipped at some point, drop a bomb but navigate the third form.

Stage 4 -> start with two bombs

Stage 4 is more brutal, probably gonna need four or five bombs just on the stage. So you're down one life probably before the boss. Two bombs on the boss, probably enough to clear it if you drill it in Practice mode.

Stage 5 ->assuming two extends by this point, 2 lives no bombs

You'd have to work on hitting every lamp post in Practice mode, but if you could get through the stage losing only one life, and get the extend, you would be at the boss with 2 lives and a few bombs.

Enough to take her out...?

It would be hard as fuck but maybe.

Is there anyone who pre-ordered from Play-Asia and didn't get a 1.01 DLC code? My Limited Edition turned up from YesAsia today, so i've got a spare code - first to quote me gets it :D

manzo

Bootaaay said:
Is there anyone who pre-ordered from Play-Asia and didn't get a 1.01 DLC code? My Limited Edition turned up from YesAsia today, so i've got a spare code - first to quote me gets it :D

ME ME ME

Fucking P-A didn't send me my code. :(

Yes Boss!

manzo said:
Got it! Thanks bro! :D

Nice!

GAFer helping another GAFer out! Props Bootaaay!

Chikubi,

I'm gonna be checking out your scores on the leaderboards! Haven't been on in a week but I'll be up and playing again just after christmas. I've a feeling you will slaughter (or have already slaughtered) my scores.

manzo

Yes Boss! said:
Nice!

GAFer helping another GAFer out! Props Bootaaay!

Chikubi,

I'm gonna be checking out your scores on the leaderboards! Haven't been on in a week but I'll be up and playing again just after christmas. I've a feeling you will slaughter (or have already slaughtered) my scores.

Those scores are my first runs. I'm currently in the boss training mode, I need to stop losing lives at stage 3 boss' first bullet barrage. :(

You're still far, far ahead, I haven't really grasped the scoring system yet. I'm just trying to stay alive and 1cc the game in both original and maniac modes, then starts scoring runs. :)

Also, I'm going to my inlaws this christmas; too lazy to drag the HRAP EX with me, so I won't be playing Mushi during the holidays.

manzo

JEKKI said:
lol. I 1cc'd arrange mode on my first try.

2qb915y.jpg

=P

unfortunately I was playing on normal and not score attack >_<

HAHA! SAME HERE! :D

I started arrange on normal mode for the first time since I KNEW I was going to die a lot. However, the mode was really easy. 1cc'd on my first round. I'll take a screenshot later how I scored!

JEKKI

I have no idea how I got that score too.

I went back and played the game on score attack and 1CC'd it with a significantly lesser score o_O

I think like 100 mil less

Man no wonder everyone likes Black Label so much. It practically runs in slow-motion.

I still can't get into it though. The biggest problem for me is I keep losing my counter. If I die I lose about a 1/3 but if I use a bomb or two well holy shit the counter disappears almost instantly. So I've been playing without bombs and well it ain't pretty. Still reaching stages 4/5 without continuing but otherwise nothing and Larsa is still the ugliest bitch in videogame history. I should just do boss training a crapload of times until I get her down to science. Course then I'm worried I'll start choking on the rest of the game for some reason or another. Geh ugh oh well.

I love all the different versions of Futari. They do a great job of re-inforcing all of the basic skills needed to survive/score. Course as long as I lack the patience to apply myself that 1CC in any mode worth a damn is going to be so far away.

In un-related news I wasted some money on unlocking the Fairy in Raiden IV. That was a mistake. Nobody told me she's basically naked and creepy as fuck looking. As a bonus unless I TATE I get a huge picture of her on the side of the screen while I play.

Yes Boss!

PepsimanVsJoe said:
In un-related news I wasted some money on unlocking the Fairy in Raiden IV. That was a mistake. Nobody told me she's basically naked and creepy as fuck looking. As a bonus unless I TATE I get a huge picture of her on the side of the screen while I play.

I paid money for that fairy! Was hoping it was going to make the game a little easier but her shot just confused me more. I guess it was worth it for her goofy naked fly-by as she leaves the arial base at the beginning. Also bought the two new Mamoru-kun characters but they don't add much to the game outside of two new achievements to go after.

LiK said:
Pepsi, what do you mean pay money for a fairy?

Raiden IV has only one playable ship unless you buy the DLC. It's 80 MSP for some other ship and/or The Fairy. Bought the Fairy cause she's ridiculous in Raiden Fighters 2/Jet. Instead I get more creepy stuff on my 360 and a ship that's super-fast and thus rather difficult to control(oh and as a bonus the timing for the bomb is delayed so panic-bombing is out of the question).

I'm starting to wonder since the main ship is too slow and the Fairy is too fast maybe the other ship is just right? God I hate Raiden IV.

The package finaly arrived, I couldn't play it immediately due to GF/Christmas, finaly had a go today.

This has to be one of the purest enjoyments for me from any game. The colors, movement, music, and pure fun that oozes from the screen.

Died at Stage 2 boss, fired up Novice Mode, managed to 1CC it (although last stage of Final Boss was giving me seizures). Will play a lot more in the coming days, finaly need to know how the counter works, etc.

Beautiful game.

Flek

Banned
got my game yesterday … but iam still waiting for my arcade stick. Anyway alrea beat the game with controller in easy mode. The soundtrack is freaking awesome it should be illegal to have souch a damn great ost :O

only downer so far is that the game is only 5 stages long :( Makes me kinda sad :(

Oh also, is it me or is the game running kinda slow from time to time !?

cheers & thx

Finally got this! Went through the first few stages in 1.5 Original and BL God mode - I love it already! Gonna be playing a lot of this, so anyone feel free to add me for leaderboards or whatever, GT is in my profile.

danmaku

Flek said:
Oh also, is it me or is the game running kinda slow from time to time !?

Of course, the slowdowns are part of the game design. Without them, some parts would be impossible. Arrange mode have no slowdown at all because you don't really have to dodge bullets, just reflect them.

Flek

Banned
danmaku said:
Of course, the slowdowns are part of the game design. Without them, some parts would be impossible. Arrange mode have no slowdown at all because you don't really have to dodge bullets, just reflect them.

ah i see, what do you mean with reflect bullets ?

also i need more peoble for friendlist rankings so please feel free to add me Gamertag: Fleko

danmaku

Added ;)

In Arrange mode you control both characters at once, and one of them can block bullets (if you tap the fire button / use autofire) and reflect them back (if you hold the fire button). You can't do this all the time, of course, it depends on the values of the 2 counters at the bottom of the screen. Read the OP for more details.

gunstarhero

Just got this for Xmas (thanks Robot!) and it's SO good.

What's easier for newbs? Original Xbox mode, or Arcade? Does rank increase in Arcade like it does in Original?

Man - I hope enough people bought this for Cave to take notice :)

Flek

Banned
i played it some more today and have some questions:

1) why should i play normal mode instead of score attack? Makes no real sense does it?
2) what are the extendet display options for? I dont see anyone playing with them :p
3) why do i only have 1 bomb after picking up 2 (right before the 2nd boss)
4) whats the "a" and whats the "b" shot @ 360 controller ? (waiting for my stick here)

danmaku

gunstarhero said:
Just got this for Xmas (thanks Robot!) and it's SO good.

What's easier for newbs? Original Xbox mode, or Arcade? Does rank increase in Arcade like it does in Original?

Man - I hope enough people bought this for Cave to take notice :)

Xbox and Arcade are the same game, the only difference is that Xbox mode has HD graphics and Arcade doesn't (you should select Arcade if you play on a CRT tv). If you are a total newbie to the genre, you could try Novice mode (there's Original, Maniac and Ultra novice), if it seems too easy (like you can almost 1CC it on your first try) then go for Original.

Flek said:
i played it some more today and have some questions:

1) why should i play normal mode instead of score attack? Makes no real sense does it?
2) what are the extendet display options for? I dont see anyone playing with them :p
3) why do i only have 1 bomb after picking up 2 (right before the 2nd boss)
4) whats the "a" and whats the "b" shot @ 360 controller ? (waiting for my stick here)

1) In score attack you can't continue and you can't change the default settings of the game (lives, extends, difficulty, etc.). If you don't mind, just stick with score attack, that's what I play all the time.
2) If you are referring to the multiple-screen option, I don't really know. :D
3) Before the second boss you don't get 2 bombs, it's one bomb and one power up (at least in Original and Maniac).
4) Er... what do you mean? You can set the buttons in the options menu, there's shot, bomb, r.shot (autofire) and switch character (used only in arrange mode).

I think you can only upload your score to the leaderboards in score attack as well. Not sure though since that's all I've played.

Flek

Banned
danmaku said:
4) Er... what do you mean? You can set the buttons in the options menu, there's shot, bomb, r.shot (autofire) and switch character (used only in arrange mode).

hm here they are refering to shot a and c

"n order to get large gold gems, you must kill enemies with the C button when the overall counter is GREEN, and the A button when it is BLUE."

my question is > rapid fire is a or c ?:lol

anyway thx for answering my questions :O Ive got one more though

there seems to be a "short" story going on? Can anyone sum it up?

danmaku

iconoclast said:
I think you can only upload your score to the leaderboards in score attack as well. Not sure though since that's all I've played.

Sure! It's the most important feature of score attack mode and I forgot to mention it :D

Flek said:
hm here they are refering to shot a and c

"n order to get large gold gems, you must kill enemies with the C button when the overall counter is GREEN, and the A button when it is BLUE."

my question is > rapid fire is a or c ?:lol

anyway thx for answering my questions :O Ive got one more though

there seems to be a "short" story going on? Can anyone sum it up?

Ah ok. The default arcade layout is:

A -> shot
B -> bomb
C -> autofire

C shot is the one you get by holding down the autofire button (or by tapping the A button, but you'd probably destroy your pad if you kept playing like this :D )
A shot is the one you get by holding down the shot button (often referred as the "laser" shot).

As for the story, there is one but I don't know anything about it. It would be interesting to know at least what's written in the "story" section of the manual...

Yes Boss!

danmaku said:
A -> shot
B -> bomb
C -> autofire

I've actually been playing like my custom layout below for the last few weeks because I though it was easier.

A -> shot
B -> auto fire
C -> bomb

But I keep forgetting to utilize my bombs so I've changed it back to the original layout and I'm trying to use only two buttons. Shot and its two variants on "A" and bomb on "B." I think it will help me score better.

Also, I was following the Cave stuff last night I saw this link on shmups about NCS and LE of Espgaluda II. The announcement that preorders for the LE of Espgaluda II will be opening sometime next week (it was not listed on the blog)

http://www.shopncsx.com/espgaludaiiblacklabelregularedition-1.aspx

robot

Got this for christmas as well and it's incredible. Quickly becoming one of my favorite shooters of all time. Still wrapping my head around the scoring and limiting myself to a handful of credits. Been trying to get as far as possible in Maniac mode w/ 5 credits, so far level 3 is where shit gets outta hand.

Anyone check out the extra display options? What's up with having multiple screens zoomed into specific parts? Do people actually play like that?

Feel free to add me (pepperjack) but I doubt I'll pose much of a challenge yet.

Flek

Banned
thx guys :)

robot said:
Anyone check out the extra display options? What's up with having multiple screens zoomed into specific parts? Do people actually play like that?

haha this is something i whas asking too :/ Iam really curious about this (and the story ;P)

Also is there a reason all cave games are going exlusivly to 360? I mean it doesnt seem to be the "biggests" hd gaming market in japan. So making awesome games 360 exlusive and region locked (death smile etc.) doesnt seem to be really smart !? Any word of ps3 ?

Flek said:
Also is there a reason all cave games are going exlusivly to 360? I mean it doesnt seem to be the "biggests" hd gaming market in japan. So making awesome games 360 exlusive and region locked (death smile etc.) doesnt seem to be really smart !? Any word of ps3 ?

I read somewhere that Sony flat-out denied 2D games at the beginning of PS3 lifecycle, need more shinyyyyyyyyy HD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Microsoft was more responsive - they allowed retail titles, but denied XBLA releases (that's what was planned for Ketsui at the beginning).

Besides, both console manufacturers don't care about games that sell 50K in total (Deathsmiles sold around that, Mushi will probably sell less). Also as a company, CAVE doesn't do console games as its priority, they would have gone under long time ago. They do Arcade machines and couple of years later they port it to home consoles as sort of "thank you".

Let's see if Esp. II will be region free. Seeing as CAVE is trying bit-by-bit to expand the market and bring new players in (Training Mode in Esp. II, Novice Mode in Esp. II and Mushi) it would be stupid not to make it region free.

ON TOPIC: stupid question, which shot is A and C? Laser is A?

Castor Krieg said:
Besides, both console manufacturers don't care about games that sell 50K in total (Deathsmiles sold around that, Mushi will probably sell less). Also as a company, CAVE doesn't do console games as its priority, they would have gone under long time ago. They do Arcade machines and couple of years later they port it to home consoles as sort of "thank you".

True. Also, the 360 in Japan is the go-to hardcore/otaku console it seems with the likes of iMAS, Dream Club and a load of ADV's. So shmups seem to have found a home there. Having said that, I'd like to see the Cave stuff on PS3 as well.

JEKKI

Castor Krieg said:
ON TOPIC: stupid question, which shot is A and C? Laser is A?
I think A stands for laser and C stands for shot.

becoz default buttons A is shot and C is rapid fire, so when you hold down C you do rapid shot, but when you hold down A you shoot laser.

danmaku

Yes Boss! said:
I've actually been playing like my custom layout below for the last few weeks because I though it was easier.

A -> shot
B -> auto fire
C -> bomb

But I keep forgetting to utilize my bombs so I've changed it back to the original layout and I'm trying to use only two buttons. Shot and its two variants on "A" and bomb on "B." I think it will help me score better.

lol, just to make things more confusing, I use A for bombs, B for shot and C for autofire, because I like to keep my thumb always ready on the bomb button. :lol

Anyway, I did some practice on stage 3 and finally managed to reach stage 4 on Maniac. There are some crazy scoring opportunities if you exploit properly the giant worms, but for now I'll just focus on reaching the midboss alive :D

JEKKI said:
I think A stands for laser and C stands for shot.

becoz default buttons A is shot and C is rapid fire, so when you hold down C you do rapid shot, but when you hold down A you shoot laser.

Thx, got it figured out thanks to the counter's color and reading the OP.:D

1CC'ed Novice Original, my score was 260mln with 40K at the counter. Can anyone tell me if that's any good?

Will start working on 1CC Original now, I start dying on Stage 2 boss.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Oy, I was going to grab this before my coupon died but what was the deal with the DLC for this game?

It was only available in the $120 version? And it's just the old version of the game, right?

Are there achievements tied to this DLC? Can it be bought separately?

Garcian

Princess Skittles said:
Oy, I was going to grab this before my coupon died but what was the deal with the DLC for this game?

It was only available in the $120 version? And it's just the old version of the game, right?

Are there achievements tied to this DLC? Can it be bought separately?

The first print of the game (the limited edition & the solus game) came with a code to unlock version 1.01 - as you say, an earlier version of the game with no achievements tied to it - it's only available via the d/l card & not on Marketplace.

What is on the marketplace is Black Label, which has some mode/gameplay changes & some extra achievements - yours for 1200 schrute-bucks.

Top Bottom