• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama Futari 360 Thread of Region and Panties-Free Golden Explosion Shooting

Yes Boss!

adversesolutions said:
Actually, Mushi's 360 DLC page is pretty weak at the moment. I want Mushi icons!

Kinda ready to retire my little DS icons.

Come on Cave...put them up so I can give you a few bucks.

danmaku

Aljosa said:
Wow. I'm seriously considering getting this. It would be my first CAVE game and I'm excited to see if they live up to the hype.

You can play all their old games on MAME, and they're totally worth it. Games like Guwange or ESPRade are still excellent, even compared with their latest outputs.

dallow_bg said:
Is the bundled DLC something that will be released on it's own later for points?

I don't think so. Death Smiles preorder bonus was never released on the marketplace. But it's not really a big deal, Mushi 1.0 is basically a beta version, the real Mushi is 1.5. Better save your points for Black Label!

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
danmaku said:
A friend of mine cancelled his preorder because he's worried that the game will be "region free" just like BlazBlue (only for NTSC regions). When I'll get the game I'll try it on a PAL 360 just to be sure he buys his copy! :D
That's my fear as well. I might delay ordering until Play-Asia update the product page after testing it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Totally forgot I preordered Mushihime on PA ages ago. This is a great treat. It's like getting a surprise free game in the mail!

Quixzlizx

Where's the best place to buy Japanese XBL points? Play-Asia has 1400 for $25. I don't know if I want to pay $25 for one piece of DLC.

ghibli99

Aljosa said:
Wow. I'm seriously considering getting this. It would be my first CAVE game and I'm excited to see if they live up to the hype.
Do it! If you enjoy shooters, you'll definitely enjoy this. Pick up Raiden Fighters while you're at it, too. :)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Not only that, but Mushihime-sama Futari is also one of CAVE's best shooters.

ESP Ra De is still better.
Actually I'm just biased for some strange reason.

If you do decide to explore the library of Cave pre-Mushi your best bets are:

Dodonpachi(start with this one!)
Guwange(In Fuedal Japan everyone throws thousands of knives at people until they bloodily explode)
ESP Ra De(Psychic teenagers lay waste to a corrupt government and an old lady. Also features bloodily explosions)
Dangun Feveron(Absurdist Disco-themed romp with an equally ridiculous scoring system)

Titles I'd recommend though you're liable not to recieve them before Futari arrives -
ESP Galuda(Sex-changing angels, bullet-time, and bullets that turn into gems. It's the best shooter ever)
Dodonpachi DaiJouOuJunololz - A Dodonpachi game for people who already beat the last one on both loops without dying. Needless to say this one is kind of hard.

The nice thing about Cave shooters is that despite the difficulty they're quite accessible. My first time with Dodonpachi was on an upside-down screen with inverted controls(don't ask) and I still didn't die on the first stage.

andymcc

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
ESP Ra De is still better.
Actually I'm just biased for some strange reason.

having played both, i'm going to have to disagree with you on this. i think esp ra de is really overrated, in fact, i prefer espgaluda and it's sequel to it.

Hey that's just not fair. The Galudas have those interesting scoring systems that are fun as hell while all Ra De has is milking bosses until the game length stretches from 20 minutes to nearly an hour.

andymcc

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Hey that's just not fair. The Galudas have those interesting scoring systems that are fun as hell while all Ra De has is milking bosses until the game length stretches from 20 minutes to nearly an hour.

i'm not a fan of some of Cave's more complex scoring systems, like Ra De and Galuda, i much prefer the mushihime/dodonpachi/ketsui variety of cave games.

thetrin

DoDonPachi is still one of my favorite shooters of all time. The 360 port of DaiOuJou was fucking poopy, so I'm glad Cave is doing Mushihime themselves.

andymcc

Banned
thetrin said:
DoDonPachi is still one of my favorite shooters of all time. The 360 port of DaiOuJou was fucking poopy, so I'm glad Cave is doing Mushihime themselves.

i've only played the PS2 port (and the arcade version, of course) and it's really fucking fantastic... like all of the Arika ports.

thetrin

Well don't play the Black Label Xtra port. There's a 20 second loading screen to get to the main menu.

The PS2 Cave ports were great. I have Ibara for PS2, and loved the shit out of it.

So anybody debating on whether or not to pick the Black Label DLC, check out these movies of God mode here:

http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=15.msg12286#msg12286

If CAVE manages to reproduce the slowdown in a capable manner, I will play a lot of this mode. I already like it in the arcades, but it's just a little too goddamn random to justify spending 50 yen for each game. I think God mode is a really good example of "reasonable extremity" in that yes there's a shit ton of bullets but your hit box is super small, and if you make use of all the exploding enemies/landscape in the level plus the bombs in your inventory you can make it pretty far.

ghibli99

Looks like it got 8/7/7/7 from Famitsu. I'm too lazy to look, but does anyone know what the reviews said? Seems OK for a shooter... this is exactly what Espgaluda got several years ago, so I'm feeling confident that this game will still be a quality port.

danmaku

ghibli99 said:
Looks like it got 8/7/7/7 from Famitsu. I'm too lazy to look, but does anyone know what the reviews said? Seems OK for a shooter... this is exactly what Espgaluda got several years ago, so I'm feeling confident that this game will still be a quality port.

They complained about the difficulty and said that the game was "too short" and lacking content. Typical shmup noob reviews.

danmaku said:
They complained about the difficulty and said that the game was "too short" and lacking content. Typical shmup noob reviews.

You would think that at least nerd mag will get this right. Still remember Exelica review on IGN...

I will have to wait as well, to see if X360 PAL can play this.

DeBurgo

adversesolutions said:
T-minus 3 days.

Video of the screen options here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gGf51rJPZA&feature=player_embedded

A forum poster over at shmups has apparently gotten the game like 7 days early, but he hasn't bothered to confirm whether it's region free or not. I imagine it will be at least for NTSC, we'll have to see for PAL.
There is now a video on the same account supposedly confirming that it's region free:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO5YtaSG_78

I'm going to wait for a couple more reports before I submit my order but I'm excited nonetheless. This'll be my first cave game since Ibara, I can't wait...

Red Scarlet

I wish I could play these kinds of shooters, but when there's that much on the screen bulletwise it gives me a bad headache and I faint. :/ Gradius 5 is too much for me and that doesn't have a bazillion shots coming at once.

kiryogi

Banned
ghibli99 said:

You do realize famitsu scores on shooters are an absolute joke right? (Well famitsu scores in general are) Most shooters, cave included, often rated pretty low.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
A forum poster over at shmups has apparently gotten the game like 7 days early, but he hasn't bothered to confirm whether it's region free or not. I imagine it will be at least for NTSC, we'll have to see for PAL.

yeah, lets look at the problems with that claim :

1) shot of the box he took are BLACK boxes, he blames this on his camera and bad lighting that took the neon green Xbox boxes and turned JUST that green black.

2) they are from his insider contact (assumedly at cave) and this is why the covers are different to the retail covers. Missing sticker, missing Cave ltd text, missing cave logo. Mentions they are possibly review copies - which wouldn't work and that now they are probably worth $$$ and is kicking himself for not keeping some. Limited Edition expected to come in cardboard outer to house the CD - Limited edition in shot is basic DVD case.
Added: looks like the limited edition CD comes in a nice companion box , not mentioned.

3) sent copies to SHMUPers on thursday saying they'd get them way before anyone else - suggests people are too busy to play the game to log on and give an update. No one has to date logged on to give any credence to the claims.

4) didn't bother to play the game as he has no interest in it what so ever, thus not needing to answer any questions regarding region/specifics of the game.

Yes Boss!

Fwiw,

Play-asia turned my order into "preparing." That does not mean much other than that it will go out in the next two days.

Yes Boss! said:
Fwiw,

Play-asia turned my order into "preparing." That does not mean much other than that it will go out in the next two days.

Yep got the same thing.
Course now I'm worried it'll get lost in the mail. Usually this sort of thing wouldn't bother me but my post office has been sucking shit lately. Twice now they've lost my packages.

Yeah I just read the guy's blog who posted the video, he said that he tried it first in an NA region 360 and it worked fine. He doesn't know about Europe but since CAVE has said region free he assumes it works.

How have previous region free games like Gears of War fared in Europe? Can PAL sets play them?

vag 2.0

Yeah.
There are weird exceptions with things like this though, e.g. the Asian version of Lost Odyssey works on PAL machines, but not NTSC/U.

Ronin

I love how my 360 craps out RIGHT before this. Its like I'm cursed. My PS3 did the same thing before MGS4.

Dammit.

Quixzlizx

I wish they could have waited an extra day to put my order in processing. I just received the holiday Play-Asia coupons in my inbox this morning.

vulva

Quixzlizx said:
I wish they could have waited an extra day to put my order in processing. I just received the holiday Play-Asia coupons in my inbox this morning.
how'd you get these coupons? do they just send them to anyone with an account?

I want coupons for another order I have in mind.

On topic: order is still being prepared. so down for this game

Quixzlizx

Happy Phantom said:
how'd you get these coupons? do they just send them to anyone with an account?

I want coupons for another order I have in mind.

On topic: order is still being prepared. so down for this game

You have to be signed up for the newsletter.

ghibli99

kiryogi said:
You do realize famitsu scores on shooters are an absolute joke right? (Well famitsu scores in general are) Most shooters, cave included, often rated pretty low.
Yes, I was just stating what I read; I wasn't commenting on Famitsu's journalistic integrity. Shooter scores in the majority of print and mainstream online pubs are a joke as a whole and always seem to lead to "you can keep continuing and use the bomb button to beat the game in 10 minutes". The unfortunate fact is that unless you play these games and know how to play them right, this is exactly what most people will do.

vag 2.0

Trying to decide whether to play it extra cautious and wait on confirmation of PAL compatibility, or to order away.

How come ncsxshop.com doesn't do preorders and stuff like psn tickets, but shopncsx.com does? I'm still baffled why they have two websites (with separate logins for each :()

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
vag 2.0 said:
Trying to decide whether to play it extra cautious and wait on confirmation of PAL compatibility, or to order away.

How come ncsxshop.com doesn't do preorders and stuff like psn tickets, but shopncsx.com does? I'm still baffled why they have two websites (with separate logins for each :()

I'll let you know since PA shipped my order and I've forgot to delay it because of the PAL thing -__-

jibblypop

Banned
Ronin said:
I love how my 360 craps out RIGHT before this. Its like I'm cursed. My PS3 did the same thing before MGS4.

Dammit.

Damn that is a curse! It's no surprise about the 360 since everybody's 360 breaks eventually but your ps3 died too? jeez.

anyways about this game. I just bought Raiden IV yesterday so I'm hyped about that but hearing about this being region free is very tempting. You can never have too many shoot-em-ups! :D

LE pic:

wwwdotuporg389531.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
That's a much better cover. But I don't pay LE prices for Cave games unfortunately :\ Normal version for me.

Top Bottom