• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MvsC3: Mike Haggar & (Jean Grey) Phoenix confirmed.

DryEyeRelief said:
Akuma was supposed to be Bison.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want to believe that. Bison would fit perfectly. He needs to be this game. Akuma is pure evil, but he doesn't try to kill everybody. He only seeks to fight stronger opponents. Bison is a dictator. We need that in this game!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Brainiac 8 said:
Was the leaked list considered final?

Or did he ever mention that there might be one or two more?

Actually he mention that he forget one character, which is thor. So far the list is complete.

Espada

Brainiac 8 said:

I think he mentioned he forgot one Marvel character, and later remembered that it was Thor. So yeah, the leak list is final. At this point it's 100% legit after the achievements, comic and now this.

I'm just here wondering if unlockable characters will get a reveal trailer too. I want to see Tasky in action!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Brainiac 8 said:

n3ss has heard other things, but so far the list is the best we're working with and has been the most accurate so far.

Espada

enzo_gt said:
n3ss has heard other things, but so far the list is the best we're working with and has been the most accurate so far.

Who's n3ss and what things has he heard? It's getting kind of close to release date, so whoever has info might as well spill the beans now.

I have that image on my luggage tags and my work ID.

dankir said:
Bingo!

And this!!!!

HaggarSharkPink.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Espada said:
Who's n3ss and what things has he heard? It's getting kind of close to release date, so whoever has info might as well spill the beans now.
n3ss is a member on GAF, and he said that he had heard of Lupinko's supposed list too from his sources, but heard "otherwise" about parts of it. That's pretty much all we got. At most, we'll get characters added, because even the achievements heavily solidify Lupinko's list.

dankir

So I know they toned down Phoenix so she doesn't instantly kill everybody the second the match starts.

She has fireballs, those mini phoenix tracking projectiles, dash punch a la gouken, flight and what else?

Typical projectile hyper, health absorbing hyper and her Dark Phoenix mode. I hope she has more than that.

Does this mean she doesn't have a regular level 3 hyper ?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
As promised...

KiNeSiS said:
You my friend lack imagination!
The rules change in a vs game....

Specials could include throwing members of the Mad Gear Gang as projectiles....
Super Moves could include 3 way beat downs with Guy & Cody!
Geez, I'm glad you talk about games instead of creating them....
Yep, totally imaginative moves :lol :lol :lol

shaowebb

I paid off my copy of the Legendary Edition a day ago, and now I'm already telling friends what days to request off of work for this game's launch.

Fucking decade long tourny in the making. I cant wait to try Haggar out on everyone in the game.

My home is gonna be taken for a ride.

EDIT:

This game =
1294264527676.gif

Espada said:
n3ss was one of the guys who leaked the Super Street Fight IV roster and I think a former Capcom employee unless i'm confusing him with kensk.

Lothars said:
I am not doubting your leaks but I think ultimately what will confirm is Hsien-Ko if she gets announced than I would say that confirms your list fully but I do hope there's characters that will be announced that we don't know about yet.

It is confirmed. He gave specific details about Haggar and Phoenix's movesets that have just been verified.

_dementia said:
n3ss was one of the guys who leaked the Super Street Fight IV roster and I think a former Capcom employee unless i'm confusing him with kensk.

That was kensk.

Espada

enzo_gt said:
n3ss is a member on GAF, and he said that he had heard of Lupinko's supposed list too from his sources, but heard "otherwise" about parts of it. That's pretty much all we got. At most, we'll get characters added, because even the achievements heavily solidify Lupinko's list.
Ah, ok. So that means we're getting more DLC characters after Shuma and Jill? Because at the moment Lupinko's list is looking 100% correct about the initial roster.

lupinko

I just want Linn Kurosawa in this game, Niitsuma telling me no in person was a bummer, but him bowing to me afterward was pretty cool tho. :D

webrunner

The question remains of course is how updated that list is. We know at least one character was cut after being confirmed/leaked (the first reveals had a West shadow), so since that list they may have added/removed characters or details.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
lupinko said:
I just want Linn Kurosawa in this game, Niitsuma telling me no in person was a bummer, but him bowing to me afterward was pretty cool tho. :D
I KNOW WHO YOU ARE! CAPTAIN COMMANDO!!

WHERES MY FRIGGIN CvS3 ?! >8(

Kimosabae

Banned
DR2K said:
This guy is an expert troll.

He's not a troll, he's just another horribly misinformed blogger, uneducated in competitive fighting game philosophies. While it's (somewhat) admirable that he wants to appear knowledgable or sympathetic to fighters through his "pringles" reference, it's pretty clear his only exposure to competitive gameplay in the genre is through various memes.

Figured these writers would wise up by now. Competitive games aren't something to be evaluated by untrained eyes. Get someone from the community to provide you perspective or even do your writeups.

Dizzy-4U

_dementia said:
Kensk was the one who listed the SSFIV characters.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Skilletor said:
Yeah, but it sounds silly when you have a characters speaking different languages in dialogue.

Sounds fine to me. I have all my characters in SSFIV speak different languages.

Dartastic

_dementia said:
He's a trustworthy source, but he didn't leak the SSF4 list. I'm sure of that. Speaking of, where is the leaked list for this game again? Also, I'm pleased that Haggar is basically a much more badass Zangief.

Platy

V_Arnold said:
It should be obvious though.
Phoenix Wright != Phoenix.
Two chars confirmed: one from each side. Haggar -> Capcom. So it leaves Phoenix to BE from Marvel side. It cant be a Capcom/Capcom reveal.

Actualy, when they revealed modok, magneto, spencer and arthur they revealed magneto and modok in one day and arthur and spencer in the next.

webrunner said:
The question remains of course is how updated that list is. We know at least one character was cut after being confirmed/leaked (the first reveals had a West shadow), so since that list they may have added/removed characters or details.

SPECIALY dlc chars !

*still has insanely high hopes for 8bit megaman mr game & watch style*

dankir

Kimosabae said:
He's not a troll, he's just another horribly misinformed blogger, uneducated in competitive fighting game philosophies. While it's (somewhat) admirable that he wants to appear knowledgable or sympathetic to fighters through his "pringles" reference, it's pretty clear his only exposure to competitive gameplay in the genre is through various memes.

Figured these writers would wise up by now. Competitive games aren't something to be evaluated by untrained eyes. Get someone from the community to provide you perspective or even do your writeups.

Did you watch the video preview in that write up?? Awful one player doesn't know wtf they are doing and the Arthur player is mashing buttons on the other side of the screen.

To people thinking lupinko's list is imcomplete: the game is out in a handful of weeks. Unless Capcom got to him to release an "uncompleted" list just so they won't have a video feature to spoil that Mega Man X and Phoenix Wright are on the disc then I really, really doubt there is going to be any more than what lupinko listed.

I bet at the end of the month (around the time of the Bay Area tournament) they'll have Sentinel and Hsienko vids. When the game releases, maybe Taskmaster and Akuma.

KAL2006

Banned
so who is left to be revealed

Sentinel
Hsien Ko
Taskmaster
Akuma
Jill (DLC)
Shuma (DLC)

is that it

Also who is n3ss and how reliable is he. He said earlier there are differenced from lupinko's leak, I am guessing maybe another 2 more characters (Frank West and Megaman).

I actually don't mind the leaked list, but I am not a fan of Taskmaster, Shuma, Jill and Akuma.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
KAL2006 said:

Sentinel
Hsien Ko
Taskmaster
Akuma
Jill (DLC)
Shuma (DLC)

is that it

Also who is n3ss and how reliable is he. He said earlier there are differenced from lupinko's leak, I am guessing maybe another 2 more characters (Frank West and Megaman).

I actually don't mind the leaked list, but I am not a fan of Taskmaster, Shuma, Jill and Akuma.
Former Capcom employee

KAL2006

Banned
The reason why I don't like Taskmaster and Akuma is because Akuma is another shoto (we got Ryu already) and Taskmaster from what I have heard is just a character who has a few moves from differenct characters (similar to Seth from SFIV).

KAL2006 said:

Sentinel
Hsien Ko
Taskmaster
Akuma
Jill (DLC)
Shuma (DLC)

is that it

I know what your saying. Why can't they have Dictator (M.Bison in states and Vega in Jap) in this game? Akuma is a villain, but he don't have the evil intentions like Dictator. Capcom you digest me on the villains for your side.

Chauncy Talon said:
I know what your saying. Why can't they have Dictator (M.Bison in states and Vega in Jap) in this game? Akuma is a villain, but he don't have the evil intentions like Dictator. Capcom you digest me on the villains for your side.

More likely Akuma is there for 2 things.

Fight worthy opponents
Ryu

Espada

robut said:
To people thinking lupinko's list is imcomplete: the game is out in a handful of weeks. Unless Capcom got to him to release an "uncompleted" list just so they won't have a video feature to spoil that Mega Man X and Phoenix Wright are on the disc then I really, really doubt there is going to be any more than what lupinko listed.

I bet at the end of the month (around the time of the Bay Area tournament) they'll have Sentinel and Hsienko vids. When the game releases, maybe Taskmaster and Akuma.

Isn't it the case that any major additions/removals from the game would require another trip to the ESRB for a new rating? I think a new character (complete with banter, things about their story mode ending, etc..) would definitely count as major.

KAL2006

Banned
Chauncy Talon said:

Yep Akuma is a lame villain, Capcom could have used Bison, Red Arremer, Sigma, Bass EXE and etc as villains, and Taskmaster (never heard of him before) sounds like a lame copy you moves villain, there are much popular Marvel villains like Green Goblin.

Another thing, I remember Kensk (leaker of SSFIV cast) saying there will be 40+ characters, Lupinko list only has 38 characters or 40 (if you include DLC).

EDIT: Whoops Lupinko list is 36 characters (or 38 if you include DLC), thats even more less than 40+.

Infinite Justice said:
More likely Akuma is there for 2 things.

Fight worthy opponents
Ryu

I know, but that don't go along with the f'ing story. I thought the story was about saving two worlds, not being a World Warrior.

lupinko

KAL2006 said:
The reason why I don't like Taskmaster and Akuma is because Akuma is another shoto (we got Ryu already) and Taskmaster from what I have heard is just a character who has a few moves from differenct characters (similar to Seth from SFIV).

Taskmaster is nothing like Seth, and is a bajillion times cooler.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
_dementia said:

I just talked about gameplay details as characters were released, kensk was the list --fyi.

Top Bottom