• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MvsC3: Mike Haggar & (Jean Grey) Phoenix confirmed.

Espada

KAL2006 said:
Yep Akuma is a lame villain, Capcom could have used Bison, Red Arremer, Sigma, Bass EXE and etc as villains, and Taskmaster (never heard of him before) sounds like a lame copy you moves villain, there are much popular Marvel villains like Green Goblin.

Another thing, I remember Kensk (leaker of SSFIV cast) saying there will be 40+ characters, Lupinko list only has 38 characters or 40 (if you include DLC).

EDIT: Whoops Lupinko list is 36 characters (or 38 if you include DLC), thats even more less than 40+.

Lupinko's list just covers the initial roster and the two DLC characters we know of. That doesn't make his list wrong, it just means there's more downloadable characters on the way.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
That Joystiq review actually has me excited. Finally, we're back to a Capcom fighting game that will take months to break down and get good at. No more of this low-barrier-entry SF4 bullshit.

I played MVC3 at E3 for about 8 hours, and at Evo for around 3.

My first experience with the game was brutally frustrating. "Why isn't this like Marvel 2, it's so slow, it always times out, it's TVC2" etc etc. After playing for about an hour, it started to click. This isn't MVC2, deal with it.

I then ran into a guy who was having the same problems as me. He loved the Vs series and was so upset with MVC3 because it wasn't Marvel 2. After we beat eachother up for another 30 mins, it clicked for him too...and we had a blast playing for the rest of day, teaching all the others wtf was up with MVC3.

I can't wait.

KAL2006

Banned
lupinko said:
Taskmaster is nothing like Seth, and is a bajillion times cooler.

Didn't you say he has moves from other characters, my memory is a bit fuzzy but can you describe his moveset again

KAL2006 said:
The reason why I don't like Taskmaster and Akuma is because Akuma is another shoto (we got Ryu already) and Taskmaster from what I have heard is just a character who has a few moves from differenct characters (similar to Seth from SFIV).

Please go and read some older Moon Knight and Deadpool comics. You will change your mind. Capcom only has one official villain... ugh! Not even Morrigana is consider a villain, nor is Tron Bonne pirate tail is.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Loving these 2 characters, great choices.

Also, saying that grapplers are "against" the Marvel vs. Capcom idea is stupid since Zangief was on the first game. Having Haggar gives you a different look and playstyle than having someone like Vergil who looks a lot like a few characters that are already in the game.

Threi

notag
i just read some of the thread...smh

fuck your wimpy-ass dmc prettyboys, this game needed more MANLY and Haggar delivered.

KAL2006

Banned
Hagger seems cool I don't get the hate, though I wish he had more Final Fight moves similar to swinging the Pipe. They could have given him the knife toss (codys move), tossing a mad gear henchmen (as a projectile), picking up a turkey (health boost) and etc, basically making him more crazy and similar to the Final Fight game.

LiK

KAL2006 said:
Hagger seems cool I don't get the hate, though I wish he had more Final Fight moves similar to swinging the Pipe. They could have given him the knife toss (codys move), tossing a mad gear henchmen (as a projectile), picking up a turkey (health boost) and etc, basically making him more crazy and similar to the Final Fight game.

at least he got a pipe. i guess.

dankir

n3ss said:
I just talked about gameplay details as characters were released, kensk was the list --fyi.

Well if your source has told you other things... then spill it!!!

WE NEED TO KNOW.

KAL2006 said:

The hate is that everybody thinks he is a clone of Gief. That is not true. Final Fight was made before Street Fighter II and he was just put on the back burner.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I always find the "Seth sucks because he uses other characters moves!" complain to be pretty silly. It's like "DeeJay sucks because he has moves that look like a sonic boom and flash kick!"

Personally, I like the idea of a character who blends an unusual mix of moves (A Dragon Punch, and SPD? An Attack-throw Lightning leg-alike + Air Stomps? Teleports (run away)+ A vortex that pulls in?) together. It presents something that is unique unto itself; greater than the sum of it's parts.

When it comes to games with HUGE rosters, every character is pretty much a remix of the basic archetypes of fighters, anywho, so a character who directly remixes those in itself, is a nice concept. Not just a grappler, not just a rushdown, but something beyond.

I can genuinely see Taskmaster being a fun, unique character. Akuma... yeah, definitely a "wait and see". Would love to be suprised by something FRESH from an old capcom character.

Dali

Kind of sucks that we don't have anything to look forward to as far as reveals. Haggar looked surprisingly interesting and Phoenix was pretty awesome as expected. Of course this wouldn't be an MvC3 thread without me lamenting how many slots they wasted. I think the Marvel side is passable, if not a little sausage heavy, but the Capcom side is just so full of fail it's not even funny.

LiK

Dali said:
Kind of sucks that new know what the remaining cast is going to be. Haggar looked surprisingly interesting and Phoenix was pretty awesome as expected. Of course this wouldn't be an MvC3 thread without me lamenting how many slots they wasted. I think the Marvel side is passable, if not a little sausage heavy, but the Capcom side is just so fucking fail it's not even funny.

Mega Man? Nope
Strider? Nope
Phoenix Wright? Nope
Gene? Nope

yea, i agree.

Kuugrr

KAL2006 said:

That Lv. 3 piledriver super should turn the other character into a giant shark. :lol

Sorry posted this in the other thread when it was meant for this thread.

Here's a site that has a lot of screens showing off the alternate costumes
http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360...20/marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-of-two-worlds.html

Also Gamespot has a few new videos
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/marvelvscapcom3/videos.html?filter=most_recent&mode=all

When Cap beats Iron Man he says: "And THAT was for Civil War" :lol

Also Phoenix sounds like Jennifer Hale, who did voice Jean in WatX. Props to Marvel for keeping that Animated continuity going.

Platy

kids these days are just SPOILED !

IN MY TIME we had afighting game with 8 selectable fighters and it was AWESOME !
and then the sequel had like FOUR new chars !! And we are all WOOOOOOOOOOWWW!

Now you guys have 40 chars with 20 new ones and are complaining =P

LiK said:
Mega Man? Nope
Strider? Nope
Phoenix Wright? Nope
Gene? Nope

yea, i agree.
I was talking with a friend about some of the head scratching omissions on both sides and this could only be for DLC/sequel sales. Right?!

webrunner

Choppasmith said:
Also Phoenix sounds like Jennifer Hale, who did voice Jean in WatX. Props to Marvel for keeping that Animated continuity going.

I noticed that ever sine about mid last year, virtually every game has used the W&tXM voices. The same Magneto voice, the same Wolverine voice, the same Deadpool voice...

Dali

LiK said:
Mega Man? Nope
Strider? Nope
Phoenix Wright? Nope
Gene? Nope

yea, i agree.
Don't forget:
Morrigan and Felicia picked over cooler or never before used Darkstalker characters? yep
New Rad Spencer fail design (probably going to charge for old version)? yep
TVC rehash Viewtiful Joe? yep
SFIV character as though that game isn't a megahit and needs anymore representation right now? yep

LiK

Master Thespian said:
I was talking with a friend about some of the head scratching omissions on both sides and this could only be for DLC/sequel sales. Right?!
Probably :(

Caj814

Choppasmith said:

http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360/...wo-worlds.html

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...ecent&mode=all

uh you linked those completely wrong :lol

webrunner said:
I noticed that ever sine about mid last year, virtually every game has used the W&tXM voices. The same Magneto voice, the same Wolverine voice, the same Deadpool voice...

They're using voices from other shows too. Doom sounds like Paul Dobson from the recent F4 series. Iron Man, Cap, and Modok are their Avengers EMH voices (I would say Thor too, but I can't quite peg his voice being Rick Wasserman) And of course the awesome Josh Keaton being Spider-man's voice!

It's pretty awesome.

Choppasmith said:

http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360/...wo-worlds.html

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/marvelvscapcom3/videos.html?filter=most_recent&mode=all

That's awesome.

Barrage

One of the GameSpot videos has a Tron Bonne move I haven't seen before (the one where she traps a character in mid-air with a targeting thing). Can't wait to see what other characters have new options in the latest build.

dankir

screenshot_195439502_1294315915.jpg

Viper repping Rufus??

LOL

I really do hope that their are full alternate costumes not just different color schemes.

Lothars

Platy said:
kids these days are just SPOILED !

IN MY TIME we had afighting game with 8 selectable fighters and it was AWESOME !
and then the sequel had like FOUR new chars !! And we are all WOOOOOOOOOOWWW!

Now you guys have 40 chars with 20 new ones and are complaining =P

not everyone is complaining, of course there's characters I want to be included but I am more than happy with who is in the game and can't wait to hear about the rest of them.

I think the Capcom side is amazing. Dante, Trish, Joe, Amaterasu, Arthur, Haggar, Zero, Tron - what else do you need? The only disappointment is that they used the new Spencer and that Mega Man isn't in.

KAL2006

Banned
It makes sense for Capcom to hold out on popular characters like Megaman, Vergil, Frank West, Green Goblin, Gambit, Strider, Venom, Phoenix Wright, X, Ms Marvel, Cyclops, Psylocke, Dr Strange, Gene, Bison and Venom. After all they need a good excuse for DLC and/or a sequel/update

LiK

KAL2006 said:
It makes sense for Capcom to hold out on popular characters like Megaman, Vergil, Frank West, Green Goblin, Gambit, Strider, Venom, Phoenix Wright, X, Ms Marvel, Cyclops, Psylocke, Dr Strange, Gene, Bison and Venom. After all they need a good excuse for DLC and/or a sequel/update
Either DLC or definitely a Super edition or something.

Espada

dankir said:
I really do hope that their are full alternate costumes not just different color schemes.

From Chris Baker @ Marvel:

2. The color scheme has to fit on the character model. For this reason, I hesitate to call these “alternate costumes” (although in some cases, they actually are). With so many characters, changing the models to get completely authentic alternates in there would delay the game quite a bit—and we think you want to play in February. You’ll see some examples of this below.

So all we're getting is either palette swaps or retextured models for the most part.

Dali

Ix9Df.jpg

Gaiz, Capcom has hurd your pleads. You can has White Queen.

And is that Cpt. A in a Punisher alt, or is that some alt he's got from the comics?

Dali said:
And is that Cpt. A in a Punisher alt, or is that some alt he's got from the comics?
Back when Steve was dead, Punisher was dressed up as Captain America...well a version of him for a little while. That's what the alternate is in reference to.

Threi said:
i just read some of the thread...smh

fuck your wimpy-ass dmc prettyboys, this game needed more MANLY and Haggar delivered.

Haggar is so fucking manly that half the internet spells his name Hagger. :lol

It's the next "mahvel". Stompin' fools with Hagger! ^____^

Top Bottom