• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My 3 freezers are stuffed with meats that have been inside for many years. How I eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
I'm usually down to my last can of Tina before I decide to go back to the supermarket
oGhCIGF.jpg

Find a buddy with a truck and put the deep freezer in the back end. Drive up to my place and unload. I will make good use of the meat and you can stick around to enjoy it too.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Are the meats in original grocery store packaging? Are they vacuum sealed bags or just shrink wrapped? Is there any greenish discoloration?

Freezer burned chicken, beef, and pork are salvagable in soups and stews and slow cooks on a grill. Fish doesn't taste good at all and there's no slow way of cooking it to get that taste out of it. The food in the center is probably better off than the food touching the freezer encasement.

Amalthea

Banned
This thread is amazing.

My 91 year old grandma who lived through the depression has a semi-scary freezer with unmarked stuff like this.

A freezer. One. (Not counting the smaller one on her fridge.)

And she tries to clean it out once a year at least.
I bet she needs a shotgun for that.

_Ryo_

I think you should be pretty ashamed having wasted 5 years worth of meats and electricity. Why even buy it if you're not going to use it anyway? Also, learn how go cook, it's not hard at all. It's actually easier than collecting 3 freezers worth of old meat, even.

zbarron

I don't usually unthaw frozen foods and eat them.
This is abundantly clear.

I add my voice to the growing consensus. Throw everything in the three freezers out and get rid of two freezers.

Also you should probably look into what hoarding is and if it applies get some help. There's no shame in it. It sounds like your family does this too, but it's not healthy and it doesn't help you.

BibiMaghoo

I would not recommend eating anything that had been frozen for 5 years, and would throw it all. Meat and such bought from the store usually only lasts a few months in the freezer, and beyond that you are at risk of some bad food.

Dre

What is that black mass of something in the third row from the bottom?
Please tell me it is NOT a garbage bag with frozen meat inside?

xam3l

Are you somekind of meat collector? Are you getting ready to the apocalipse? Feed your grand-grand-children? Why so much meat? Oo

Ha, didn't see my typo last night.

What if we all just helped a serial killer dispose/prepare/eat his...-gulp-...meats?

Hannibal would be disgusted by this shit. Even monsters have standards.

The question still comes up, why go shopping if you can't and won't cook the meat that you purchase? For the ritual? I couldn't fathom buying 10 lbs of chicken unless I already had a recipe planned out and a dinner party scheduled for 20 people.

Are you somekind of meat collector? Are you getting ready to the apocalipse? Feed your grand-grand-children? Why so much meat? Oo

I pick things up!
I am a collector!
And things, well things, they tend to accumulate!
I have this net
It drags behind me!
It picks up feelings
For me to feed upon!

Trent.jpg

Beefy

Just noticed a pic was posted. Most of that stuff is ruined due to you putting it in carrier bags. The print and taste seeps into the ice and meat.

J-Tier

OP, you froze peppers??
I freeze peppers. I've got chili plants, I harvest them and I put them in the freezer and have an abundance of them when I need to cook up something spicy.

However, in OP's case...not sure the peppers are in there for the same purpose.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Pretty sure people don't want to pay for 5 year old frozen meat.
That's gonna be the hook. How he stands out, be unique.

I can see the names now: 5YOM, FFYOM. He's gonna make a killing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom