• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My 3 freezers are stuffed with meats that have been inside for many years. How I eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral Dog

5 years?

Dude, let it go.

some men dont like to let their food go

homer%2Bsandwich.gif

3 freezers full of meats...

Toss it all out op, I have a feeling your going to just fill them up again and have this same thread 5 years from now. Don't feel bad I have a freezer full of frozen fruit. We eat it though.

Syder

I have a principle that I'll not eat something that was alive a whole year ago.

Eating something that's been dead like 10x longer than it was alive is uhh...

HoodWinked

if the meat was vacuum packed and they are large cuts of meat you'll have a better chance of it being okay.

ground meat or chicken i would throw away.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Is that a tube of Bologna on the bottom?

Edit: OP, on second thought, make a bunch of YouTube videos with you documenting the thawing, preparation, and consumption of each of the items in your freezers. You'll probably be YouTube rich and famous inside if a year.

If you survive. I want 30% for providing you with the idea.

Is that a frozen frappuccino? How old is THAT?

Edit: what in the hell is that red and black thing at the top of the door? That's haunting.

Why do you keep avoiding the simple solution of just throwing it all out? Making it seem like you're being forced to eat it all.

Some of them are a few months old, like at most 20-25%. I got the Kirkland Ice Cream a few days ago.

Is that a frozen frappuccino? How old is THAT?

Edit: what in the hell is that red and black thing at the top of the door? That's haunting.

Peppers?

Some of them are a few months old, like at most 20%.

You aren't going to eat it. You keep heading to the meat isle and day dream of making some tasty elaborate dish like the one you saw on a show on food network. You then buy it and as soon as you leave the super market you head over to Carl's JR or Chipotle and stuff your face with fast food, the meat gets tossed in the freezer, you do this so often you need 3 freezers. Throw it all away, sell 2 freezers, eat out with the funds.

M52B28

Banned
Most of the threads I've been reading have just been depressing. You really think that this stuff might be good after 5 years?

Freezers don't stop bacteria, they only slow it.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
You aren't going to eat it. You keep heading to the meat isle and day dream of making some tasty elaborate dish like the one you saw on a show on food network. You then buy it and as soon as you leave the super market you head over to Carl's JR or Chipotle and stuff your face with fast food, the meat gets tossed in the freezer, you do this so often you need 3 freezers. Throw it all away, sell 2 freezers, eat out with the funds.
Dude just bought 10 lbs of chicken wings to store for 5 years. He needs the space!

BigDes

This is clearly one of those GAF threads where the OP is only going to act on what he wants to hear but anyway

Take those freezers, throw everything in them away. Turn them off and let them thaw out. The scrub the insides.

Then holy shit use one freezer. One.. You don't need three freezers full of meat if you aren't touching the meat for five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom