• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My detailed review of COD MW3 campaign

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Finished it in about 3 1/2 hours, worst campaign I have ever played in the COD franchise and I spent $100 on this

4/10 and I think thats generous

My review lasted about as long as this DLC campaign

Frustrated Jason Segel GIF by NETFLIX

And Charlie gave it a fucking 7

I guess he wants to keep those playtest invites coming

Complete playthrough if anyone just wants to get the idea what happens, not mine btw

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Banned
I said it when they first announced it but it really did feel like they were just farting it out this year

Usually they have some big reveal stream or use warzone or something but instead they just randomly put a trailer up one day. They haven't seemed to push it very hard either, at least not until recently just before launch

Not hard in relation to how hard a call of duty is usually pushed, it's obviously still pushed more than your average game

Last edited:

GHound

Guess my beta impressions that it would live up to the Modern Warfare 3 name are pretty on point.

Modern Warfare 3(2011) had the worst campaign, multiplayer and maps of the original MW trilogy by far. This one has the worst campaign, multiplayer and doesn't even have its own maps this go around.
Oh and is almost literally a $70 DLC disguised as a full-fledged, standalone product.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

I am confused. Its not the original MW3 story ? Because that took way longer than 3 hours.

Also wasn't MW3 with the airport level ?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
3.5 hours!? Bro that’s a rip off lol.

I’m all for redoing the original MW2 map pool for this since those maps are all bangers but it is of course a little lazy and is obviously “this is a dlc sold as a full product.” At least then it was slightly fine to me since they’d invest in a full fledged campaign and the zombies/warzone etc.

However when you get one part of the package this gutted… yeah. This should’ve been $35 and $50 deluxe max.

But it’s activision and it’s CoD. They can do whatever they want and it sells. Always.

acm2000

Luckily there isn't a single person on this planet that buys cod just for the solo.

3 to 4 hours is still an absolute joke tho.

Osthyvel

Luckily there isn't a single person on this planet that buys cod just for the solo.

No, not just for solo, but i love singleplayer in cod, i have enjoyed everyone except blops3 😂

But the more i read from people that have played this campaign.... i think i will cancel my preorder.

Salz01

I feel bad for you because it’s hard. Getting CoD each year is a thing. But I think they fucked up this year. I hope it shows in their sales data.

Sleepwalker

3 hours? At $70 this has to be a new low for COD. Im less offended by battlefield just straight up removing it at this point.

NEbeast

Didn't they specifically say they would focus on campaign a few years back? I can't remember which one it was, I don't play a lot of COD, but the campaign was actually pretty good.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I’m in for the zombies..
i only liked the cold war campaign
At mission 4 it’s alright..
the new open world missions are ok.
I think the fun is to play them in diffrent ways.. kinda like metal gear solid 5.

So far i would give it a 7

Last edited:

King Dazzar

Finished it in about 3 1/2 hours, worst campaign I have ever played in the COD franchise and I spent $100 on this

4/10 and I think thats generous

My review lasted about as long as this DLC campaign

Frustrated Jason Segel GIF by NETFLIX

And Charlie gave it a fucking 7

I guess he wants to keep those playtest invites coming

Thanks for the heads up my man. Shame, I often used to take the cod campaigns as a guilty pleasure, but a pleasure none the less.

Osthyvel

I feel bad for you because it’s hard. Getting CoD each year is a thing. But I think they fucked up this year. I hope it shows in their sales data.

Exactly, its a thing, and has been for +15 years for me, one of the best time of the year. In the old days i had to finish the campaign first before getting in to the multiplayer, those releases was something else, picking up the new cod after work on a friday and load up with good snacks and drinks. But damn, i think i will vote with my wallet this year, first time since cod2...

I can still play mw2019/2 and bf2042 is better then ever.

Nah, no cod for me this year. Hopefully it comes to gamepass 🙃

Justin9mm

I am confused. Its not the original MW3 story ? Because that took way longer than 3 hours.

Also wasn't MW3 with the airport level ?
The new Modern Warfare trilogy are not remakes of the original. They are reboots.

The airport level (I assume you mean the 'No Russian' level) is in the original MW2, they released a remaster of the original a few years or so ago.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Are they actually printing disks of this?

Yes, I've already got it on my gamefly queue. The general release is on 11/10 I guess, early access is today.

Really? Why not just NOT purchase this game OR play it? Might teach the developer a harsh lesson if more people stop investing time in shit like this.

The CoD campaigns are nice for a weekend. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Doesn't even feel or look like COD Zombies anymore. It feels like Multiplayer with zombies.
Have you tried cold war?
It’s the best zombies game imo.

And yes the newer mode always felt a bit off. But it did grow on me

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
3.5 hours? I started it today and was going to joke about finishing 25% of the game in 20 minutes. I am speechless. That’s not really $70. That’s one last GFY from Activision.

Last edited:

Mythoclast

Really wanted this shit to be better but it’s not. I did not buy MW2 so I don’t feel as bad, and I hope MP will give me enough fun w friends over the course of the year.

But the campaign is literal shit. Open world killed gaming.

Top Bottom