• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My friend just got his 360 banned, presumably for downloading Rayman Legends.

Sakujou

Banned
wow, if microsoft starts to ban people for this kind of stupid things, the choice will be clear...

i feel so bad, because this is better than piracy... this is just a small way around in this global world...

Omega

Banned
Come on TC, the 1st movie hasn't even been released yet.
aabd.jpg

We don't need a sequel so soon.

i need this on blu-ray!

smr00

Banned
wow, if microsoft starts to ban people for this kind of stupid things, the choice will be clear...

i feel so bad, because this is better than piracy... this is just a small way around in this global world...
They already ban people for playing legit copies of games early on a service you pay for.

That alone made me get rid of my 360. I got banned for buying and playing Halo 4 early, yeah they cleared it up after a week and i have no interest in supporting a company that will ban me for playing a legit copy. Friend got perm-banned because he couldn't show a receipt for a game he bought.

It's a fucking stupid model they got going on. When did having the UPC/box/game disc stop being enough proof? Now i gotta start putting every game receipt in a box just in case they decide to ban me? bullshit /rant

Why?

Not sure what you're trying to say (serious or no? "No" because all caps? idk). I just want to know for sure so we can stop having all this nonsense. If it is a legitimate concern, then of course I want to know. It very well could be.

no for real, if it were the Oman thing, there would be FAR more people getting banned, this has already been discussed

TrueGrime

They already ban people for playing legit copies of games early on a service you pay for.

That alone made me get rid of my 360. I got banned for buying and playing Halo 4 early, yeah they cleared it up after a week and i have no interest in supporting a company that will ban me for playing a legit copy. Friend got perm-banned because he couldn't show a receipt for a game he bought.

It's a fucking stupid model they got going on. When did having the UPC/box/game disc stop being enough proof? Now i gotta start putting every game receipt in a box just in case they decide to ban me? bullshit /rant

You played Halo before you were supposed to with your Xbox online? And you got banned for it.

This is MS's fault.. how?

Ominym

Banned

You didn't read anything other than the thread title, did you?

statham

How about reading the thread

no for real, if it were the Oman thing, there would be FAR more people getting banned, this has already been discussed

Ok, I see. Try to not use all caps next time, since people can often take that wrong. One or two words, like THIS (basically because you're too lazy to use italics or bold) is fine.

I agree, I just wonder if perhaps they're just slow. idk.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
We had this thread recently and it turned out the other guy deserved to be banned.

what was the conclusion to that? I had to do real life stuff around the time the thread was turning on him.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
He was a pirate.

ahahaha.

I don't really give a single shit about piracy, but I really do enjoy seeing someone come and attempt to get sympathy from gaf due to consequences of piracy.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Well, let's add up 2 and 2.

He has 9 consoles.
He abuses the 'free games' thing.

Microsoft may, but just may, be a little annoyed at someone systematically getting every free game he shouldn't have on NINE consoles?

Lemstar

No, the problem is the OP created a thread with the intention of spreading info he just got. The info he got could be complete horse shit, OP then decided to post the thread. Without elaboration people don't know if they're in danger of getting their account banned for the Oman/Bosnia stuff.

Causing fear at whim, along with not presenting certain information, shady or not, should be frowned upon.
I agree with all of that. It's just shit like this that I don't get.

Cels

ahahaha.

I don't really give a single shit about piracy, but I really do enjoy seeing someone come and attempt to get sympathy from gaf due to consequences of piracy.

ya the funny thing is people just googled his gaf username and uncovered all this evidence that he was pirating games. when confronted with this he said he was just trying them out before buying and that he still did not deserve to lose the games he paid for legitimately

He said he got a PM from someone and the thread doesn't show up to the public. Maybe bullshit maybe not. I have no idea. Sorry for not thinking my friend is a complete liar.

He already posted in the xbox forums. Why do I need to post there? I told you what he said. He could be lying, sure.

Why are you firing shots, posting half-truths, refusing to give out accurate information, and being a complete dick about the whole thing? What is the point of making accusations without proof? Because you know it will go the same way it ALWAYS does when people actually do 5 minutes of research?

Either provide some more information or request a mod to lock this thread.

Top Bottom