• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My girlfriend is a lesbian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PXG-

I feel for you OP. Dealt with that shit last year. came out of fucking nowhere. I was heart broken.

I swear I've read thousands of stories like the OP's.

Don't understand why some girls think being bisexual means they suddenly have the right to be in an open relationship. It doesn't help that most "bisexuals" I've met are the "HEY GUYS I KISSED A GIRL ONCE, I'M BISEXUAL" type.

Lol. Dated a girl for two years who gave me this excuse near the end

Bear

A friend of mine dated a girl for like a month and a half. They split up on good terms but a few weeks later she was dating a smoking hot girl. Like George Costanza said, once you see them with a girl you suddenly can't get them out of your mind.

As far as I know they're both still together and have been for a while. I have no idea whether it's just that girl or if she's done dating men completely, but it seems to be the latter.

Arsenic

Same thing happened to me OP, a little over 4 years ago. My then-gf, whom I've known to be bisexual before I got with her, ended our relationship to be with another girl. It was absolutely heartbreaking, more-so when you have to provide reasons for the breakup to your friends. They either say "fuck them both man!" or "damn dude were you THAT bad?" It's annoying.

Baring the first couple of months after the breakup, we remained great friends throughout the years. She officially had 3 gfs since, with that first one last a little more than 2 years, so she was serious about it.

One thing I can tell you is that while it does hurt bad, there's nothing you can do about it except treat it like any breakup. Just go out and meet new people. I learned that I had no control over her sexual preference and that it was inevitable that she would turn the way she is. It still stings...but now....

Ironically, around the time of your posting, I was on the phone with her and she revealed she now has a boyfriend. Color me fucking confused and fucked up now. I don't know what to make of it as part of me is extremely fucking jealous and I have no idea why. Hopefully this doesn't happen to you, but this is just another chapter in an already screwed up story for me.

Try not to take it too hard OP. It does suck, but anyone who's willing to do the run-around on someone who loves them isn't worth being around in the long run.

You don't need to have sex with somebody to be completely sure of your sexuality.

I figure people posting on this website would know that.

ibbD1RgVDXb8uL.gif

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ironically, around the time of your posting, I was on the phone with her and she revealed she now has a boyfriend. Color me fucking confused and fucked up now. I don't know what to make of it as part of me is extremely fucking jealous and I have no idea why. Hopefully this doesn't happen to you, but this is just another chapter in an already screwed up story for me.

This is why I generally uphold the "once you end a romantic relationship with a person, you should cut off ALL sorts of contact regardless you end it in a good or bad note" principle.

Especially if I really love/loved that person. The "we can still be friends" reasoning doesn't really stick with me; it'll be better to cut off contact entirely.

PROTIP: NEVER, EVER agree to open a relationship that was previously monogamous. I have NEVER heard it end well.

Like ever.

If it gets to the point someone wants to date others, just get out.

It's already over.

Acheron

Banned
PROTIP: NEVER, EVER agree to open a relationship that was previously monogamous. I have NEVER heard it end well.

Like ever.

If it gets to the point someone wants to date others, just get out.

It's already over.

Shhh. Fools deserve pain and anguish. It is their lot in life.

commedieu

Banned
This is why I generally uphold the "once you end a romantic relationship with a person, you should cut off ALL sorts of contact regardless you end it in a good or bad note" principle.

Especially if I really love/loved that person. The "we can still be friends" reasoning doesn't really stick with me; it'll be better to cut off contact entirely.

+1, its hard. But it makes you move on.

And sure, if you guys really have such a valuable friendship, FRIENDSHIP, it wont matter that you've moved on romantically, after a hiatus.

Friends can always catch up with friends after a period of time..

Ex's though, its just trouble... hard to do, hard to say no, but its better.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Sad stuff OP.

But just a comment, open relationships are the dumbest things ever. It is like having an employee who pretends he is working to keep the income flowing, but is actually spending his time sending out CVs. When a girl is looking for an open relationship, it is a sign she is looking for someone better than you already.

BlueSteel

And sure, if you guys really have such a valuable friendship, FRIENDSHIP, it wont matter that you've moved on romantically, after a hiatus.

I feel like we can still be friends. Just not now I think. I think I went through multiple stages of grief throughout the past weeks or so. I need more time, and given how she's still so torn about it, so does she.

It's just awkward because some of her friends... I wouldn't say we're close, but we've had some heart to heart discussions and it personally feels weird, because I wish them the best as well.

Sad stuff OP.

But just a comment, open relationships are the dumbest things ever. It is like having an employee who pretends he is working to keep the income flowing, but is actually spending his time sending out CVs. When a girl is looking for an open relationship, it is a sign she is looking for someone better than you already.

Open relationships aren't dumb if the people involved are open and honest about why they want it or it's done because you can't physically be with a person.

Open relationships aren't dumb if the people involved are open and honest about why they want it or it's done because you can't physically be with a person.

In the OP's case, I don't think he wanted an open relationship.

As I said above, I think he was foolish to agree to an open relationship at the request of his girlfriend when it wasn't what he wanted.

Open relationships can't be one-sided.

In the OP's case, I don't think he wanted an open relationship.

As I said above, I think he was foolish to agree to an open relationship at the request of his girlfriend when it wasn't what he wanted.

Open relationships can't be one-sided.

In the op's case it's definitely a sign of like "I don't know if I even want to be with you" for sure. Pretty much agreed with that.

Easy_D

never left the stone age

SirIgby was kinda like that dude.

Holy mother of god. What in the name of fuck and all oh what the hell. WHAT.

Edit: Suddenly I'm Deb in Dexter. BUT WHAT THE HELL?! That is creepy on a whole 'nother level. Though as someone's who's studied some psychology it's also kind of interesting.

BlueSteel

For some reason, I decided to play some music from eternal sunshine of the spotless mind tonight.

I don't know if I should have, I remembered that the night we first watched it together (the first night I had seen the movie,) was the first time I realized I loved someone other than family.

Bawled like a little baby for the first time in perhaps over 10 years.

It's gotta be one step at a time. My main instinct is to sprint or run or jump to anything, so I think I may have jumped the gun on that. I wrote a little something about it:

As a child, I could never walk up the stairs. I jumped multiple steps, trying to see if I could scale a flight in as few leaps as possible. I was impatient and reckless. Countless times I would bang my shins on the steps, but I was never deterred.

Tonight I tried to get to the top of a five step staircase, from the first step all the way to the fifth and last step. Unless I had a running start, five steps were always hard. I waited and waited for the perfect opportunity to jump.

Tonight, I jumped and crashed onto the fourth step.

Gotta pick myself up. Quite a few lessons learned.

BlueSteel

I've really been on a replying spree, but I'm totally good right now.

I talked to her tonight, and I realized something.

I loved her, but in my head I could never imagine her being in a family, or having children, or anything of that sort. I'm young as hell, but if I was beating myself over having loved her, but couldn't imagine my future with her, then well, it makes it a lot easier.

SirIgby was kinda like that dude.

And what is this :|

This is absolutely the best course of action. When a couple breaks up there's a big chance that one of the two still has deeper feelings towards the other.

Although i agree it's the best option in most cases, it gets kinda hard when there are kids involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom