• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cringe My Idiotic friend is now buying PC Games on GOG. Is he FINALLY doing the right thing this time around? (The Gogfather: Part III)

Knch

Jan 12, 2009
Belgium
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: MiyazakiHatesKojima

Darkmakaimura

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2008
fortune-summoners.wikia.com
My stupid dumb idiotic friend is going buckwild with the new Lunar Sale on GOG and purchasing some pretty sweet deals on exclusive games such as Thief 1/2/3, Witcher 1 & 2, Dues Ex, Doom, and EviLore EviLore 's favourite System Shock 2.

So GAF, what other essential games on sale right now on GOG would you recommend my friend to purchase as well?
If you're friend is using GOG, he's definitely not an idiot.

Tell him to enjoy actually being able to own his games.

Nightrunner

Sep 5, 2019
Get The Saboteur if you like sandbox games. Basically GTA set in Nazi-occupied Paris.

If you're into Star Wars get Republic Commando which is a fun FPS where you control a squad of stormtroopers and Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy is also a pretty decent FPS w/ fun lightsaber combat.

If you like horror games Clive Barker's Undying is a very atmospheric FPS - especially amazing if you're into Gothic Horror.

Last edited:
  • Fire

MiyazakiHatesKojima

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2019
#FreeBrap
Get The Saboteur if you like sandbox games. Basically GTA set in Nazi-occupied Paris.

If you're into Star Wars get Republic Commando which is a fun FPS where you control a squad of stormtroopers and Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy is also a pretty decent FPS w/ fun lightsaber combat.

If you like horror games Clive Barker's Undying is very atmospheric FPS - especially amazing if you're into Gothic Horror.
Already have Saboteur (8.5/10 game, really good!) On the PS3.

Definitely gonna keep an eye on Jedi Commando and Undying :D

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Nightrunner

MiyazakiHatesKojima

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2019
#FreeBrap
GAF, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH GAMES O SHOULD BUY FROM THIS LIST:

DeliciousDoc

Sep 6, 2010
Canada
GAF, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH GAMES O SHOULD BUY FROM THIS LIST:
I think you should get the original deus ex but mostly because it is a classic.

It's not on your list but I think you should try dead cells, ftl and slay the spire. I don't particularly like those genres but I think those games are awesome to play (not just to say you played them). Slay the spire has a pretty cool mod scene. Maybe you can mod in snake and have him uses his cards from metal gear acid.

• Fire

MiyazakiHatesKojima

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2019
#FreeBrap
I think you should get the original deus ex but mostly because it is a classic.

It's not on your list but I think you should try dead cells, ftl and slay the spire. I don't particularly like those genres but I think those games are awesome to play (not just to say you played them). Slay the spire has a pretty cool mod scene. Maybe you can mod in snake and have him uses his cards from metal gear acid.
Got FTL and Deus Ex!

GHG

Gold Member
Nov 9, 2006
Oh shit, now we're getting serious. Don't forget to keep in mind my recommendations regarding that beautiful series.

- Also, GOG is awesome, always buy off GOG rather than Steam if you can find the games there.
In addition to this advice, download and install GOG Galaxy 2.0:

You can link all your gaming accounts, track playtime/achievements etc and launch games from there, it's amazing.

• Praise the Sun

Griffon

Oct 28, 2017
Keep calm, don't buy too many games at once. Sales come and go, there will be more.

GoG is cool for the no-drm, but steam is cool for the automatic refund option if you don't like the game.

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun

MiyazakiHatesKojima

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2019
#FreeBrap
Keep calm, don't buy too many games at once. Sales come and go, there will be more.

GoG is cool for the no-drm, but steam is cool for the automatic refund option if you don't like the game.
We checked the price history for the games and it seemed like it couldn't go any lower than this. Plus GOG may go down sooner or later so why not buy it now!

I'll definitely make a steam account fir my friendo soon, thanks for the heads up!