• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orcastar

Dastardly Jerks said:
Just kidding. It's the same essence, punch, wit and flavour as the first.
That's good to hear, not that I ever doubted it. A sincere thank you from me as well for being part of the team who gave us this wonderful show.

Calpain

Dastardly Jerks said:
Dear Pony-age,

I just gave in my notice at work for 1 week, and I now feel a bit safer telling you all this. I'm a soon to be ex Studio B (DHX Media) employee. You guys make me happy when you're happy and sad when you bicker, it's contagious energy in here and I dig it. I only started here a few months ago, so you won't see my name in the credits of Season 1, but you will for Season 2 (which, may I add, is looking awesome. Can't divulge details obviously, but there are plenty of reasons to be excited and to shift your hype into overdrive).

Thank you for supporting a terrific show.

Wow, nice to see someone from the show visiting our humble thread! I'm sorry to see that you have to leave the show due to personal reasons (I wish you and your family the best), but I'm glad to see you are gladdened by the fan response to the show.

You guys at Studio B have really created something special here and I greatly look forward to the second season. Glad to hear from you that it's shaping up to be a blast! As others have mentioned you should definitely drop by again when episodes start airing and talk about what you worked on.

Thanks again for being part of something amazing!

I'll be more than glad to stop by when Season 2 airs and throw in some random trivia from time to time :)

Thank you, PonyGAF. You've put a smile on my face on a day that has been quite bittersweet.

agidot

I missed the ranking :(
For me its,
-Twilight
-Pinkie
-Rarity
-AJ
-Fluttershy
-Rainbow Dash

I always knew that people really like RD, that's why someone created "that game".

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
Dastardly Jerks said:
Dear Pony-age,

I just gave in my notice at work for 1 week, and I now feel a bit safer telling you all this. I'm a soon to be ex Studio B (DHX Media) employee. You guys make me happy when you're happy and sad when you bicker, it's contagious energy in here and I dig it. I only started here a few months ago, so you won't see my name in the credits of Season 1, but you will for Season 2 (which, may I add, is looking awesome. Can't divulge details obviously, but there are plenty of reasons to be excited and to shift your hype into overdrive).

It's sad that you were forced to leave Studio B (and best of luck to you and your family), but I'm sure you'll be successful wherever you end up next. You and the FiM team have done an amazing job, and I can't wait to see what's coming up in a few months. My hype is now in overdrive. Thank you so much for contributing to this amazing show and fanbase!

burningranger

Neo Member
Yeah, the fans definitely appreciate all the hard work all the people who put FiM together even if maybe it seems like just a few people get a lot of the spotlight for the show. The guys who do a lot of the behind the scenes work are immensely important, and hopefully all the people who work on the show know how much a lot of us older fans appreciate the work they do.

Everybody here is very aware of the love the show receives, it's actually very invigorating. Whenever an article in the media comes out about the attention the show gets (from any demographic), then the article is immediately broadcast around the studio on the IM program we use.

It's about as energizing as a fresh cup of coffee :)

Calpain

Dastardly Jerks said:
Everybody here is very aware of the love the show receives, it's actually very invigorating. Whenever an article in the media comes out about the attention the show gets (from any demographic), then the article is immediately broadcast around the studio on the IM program we use.

Glad to hear everyone knows about the love now! Seemed kind of inevitable especially with the media attention the show and fanbase has been getting lately. I'm happy to hear that kind of news helps keep you guys going despite a really tight schedule.

Narag

Dastardly Jerks said:
I'll be more than glad to stop by when Season 2 airs and throw in some random trivia from time to time :)

Thank you, PonyGAF. You've put a smile on my face on a day that has been quite bittersweet.
uVY1Q.png

AceBandage said:
You should have told them all to make GAF accounts...
Then we could rule the show.
o_o

Your quest to make Equestria part of Ooo will never succeed!

Theonik

Dastardly Jerks said:

You sir are awesome.

2th

Banned
Dastardly Jerks said:

have you ever shown anyone at work PonyGAF? You know, so they could sneak Belle Eve into the background :)

Dastardly Jerks said:
Dear Pony-age,

Sorry to hear you're leaving, but thanks all the same. What you guys have done is so awesome and I can't reiterate that enough.

Acerac

Banned
Dastardly Jerks said:
Dear Pony-age,

Thanks for all the effort put in! It's a shame you're leaving the show especially given the circumstances, but I hope everything works out for the best for you and your family.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
It's refreshing that Pony GAF had an animator watching over us this whole time... Perhaps we can find the strength to make it to season 2 after all. We're at least halfway there.

Dastardly Jerks said:
Dear Pony-age,

I just gave in my notice at work for 1 week, and I now feel a bit safer telling you all this. I'm a soon to be ex Studio B (DHX Media) employee. [...]
Thanks for telling us and thanks for th work you put into the great show.

Dastardly Jerks said:
Dear Pony-age,

As a wannabe future animator (imagineer really, but I have just graduated for animation in college) I salute you (and all your job collegues) for making a show in this age that looks so incredible.
Its sad learning that you need to go, but I hope it all goes well inn the future.

DrForester said:
How could it have been intentional? The trollestia is entirely a fandom creation, there's nothing in the show itself to support it.
"I invited you guys to the Gala to wreck it, thereby making it more interesting."

Moat of it is overblown, but it's not like there's nothing to go on.

Calpain

Picture time? There have been some good ones in the past couple days:
Fluttershy

Twilight Watercolor Painting

Fluttershy again

And something funny for the end

NeoGAF! I believe I have thought of something which doesn't already exist (or at least, I can't find it)...

Rise Kujikawa riding Pinkie Pie.

edit: now that I think about it more... I could have sworn that I saw this somewhere (maybe with twilight?) in the first thread. If so, does anybody have it handy?

Or it could have been a fever dream.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
brian577 said:
Jealous Applejack

This doesn't make any sense at all. Applejack said no magic during Winter Wrap Up, but she's made no attempt to forbid it at any other time. In fact, during Applebuck Season, she doesn't even really care that Twilight is using teleportation or is even picking apples in enormous quantities using telekinesis later in the episode.

This terrible libel shall not stand!

I know I'm late, but I wanted to chime in with all the thank yous and well wishes to Dastardly Jerks. I hope everyone on your former team knows how much we as fans appreciated their hard work, and I'm deeply sorry to hear about your family's problems!

ZealousD said:
This doesn't make any sense at all. Applejack said no magic during Winter Wrap Up, but she's made no attempt to forbid it at any other time. In fact, during Applebuck Season, she doesn't even really care that Twilight is using teleportation or is even picking apples in enormous quantities using telekinesis later in the episode.

This terrible libel shall not stand!
Indeed, I really think most fans tend to overblow stuff like AJ's WWU = No Magic / RBD shouldn't use her wings stuff to crazy degrees at times. Anytime I read stuff about her being a racist (speciesist?) bigot and whatnot it just makes me facepalm.

Calpain

AdawgDaFAB said:
I know I'm late, but I wanted to chime in with all the thank yous and well wishes to Dastardly Jerks. I hope everyone on your former team knows how much we as fans appreciated their hard work, and I'm deeply sorry to hear about your family's problems!

Indeed, I really think most fans tend to overblow stuff like AJ's WWU = No Magic / RBD shouldn't use her wings stuff to crazy degrees at times. Anytime I read stuff about her being a racist (speciesist?) bigot and whatnot it just makes me facepalm.

I think parts of the fandom tend to blow a lot of things out of proportion. It's sad to see people blow things so far out of proportion though that people end up actually believing things like Applejack is a racist as you mentioned or believing that Celestia is an absolute tyrant that should be disposed of in favor of the 'Lunar Republic'. But it's not unique to this fandom though, there are extremists in every fandom as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom