• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpacePirate Ridley said:
One question:
Are the characters for the 80's version the same from the Lauren Faust ones, or she created all new for the show?

They share some characters.
I believe Pinkie Pie has had a version in all the MLP shows.

Darte

SpacePirate Ridley said:
One question:
Are the characters for the 80's version the same from the Lauren Faust ones, or she created all new for the show?

No Faust had nothing to do with those horrible incarnations. Infact she even criticized those incarnations for being girly girl crap with mindless episodes, the only thing they share are some names as well as some small tributes to previous Generations.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
SpacePirate Ridley said:
Ok you friendly motherfuckers! You got me!

Welcome to the herd! Glad to hear you enjoy the show :).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
SpacePirate Ridley said:
One question:

122%252520-%252520applejack%252520chart%252520Firefly%252520fluttershy%252520lauren_faust%252520pinkie_pie%252520Posey%252520rainbow_dash%252520rarity%252520Sparkler%252520Surprise%252520twilight_sparkle.jpg

Applejack really only one kept.

KtSlime

SpacePirate Ridley said:
One question:

Kind of not really*

38zEql.jpg

Edit: Damnit DrForester! *hug*

Jintor

I hope it gets stickied in Community like AusGAF

Furret said:
I made the assumption because the decision seems to single My Little Pony out for special, and entirely negative, treatment.

What other non-game topics have or are going to be moved to the Community ghetto?

Ausgaf, motherfucker

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Thanks all for the replies.
Love Faust's original concept arts.

Humans in Gen1, what the fuck were they doing there.

And the fact that they lived in perfectly human houses, despite being in the woods.
The entire Gen 1 series was just.... ugh.

Snaku

Banned
Gen1 designs are horrific. Even when I watched that show with my cousin as a kid I was always disturbed by them. If FiM had retained those designs, I never would have given it a chance. Faust is magic!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
RomanticHeroX said:
Does anyone know when exactly those sketches were originally posted?

Before she was ever involved in the show, she was a fangirl. And she's very smart and likes Rainbow Dash best.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Uchip said:
why is there a human in the old cartoon?

The current series is a sequel. Most of Pony-History can be found in Suited for Success. Namely, they are on Earth as the constellations are the same. Rarity also mentions a tank, implying there has been Pony War. Ponies clearly overthrew the humans, that's why so many things exists that clearly weren't designed for pony use, but the former humans.

2th

Banned
DrForester said:
Before she was ever involved in the show, she was a fangirl. And she's very smart and likes Rainbow Dash best.

i really think it is Faust's art that plays such a huge role in people liking the show initially. The characters look NOTHING like the abomination that was the G1 cartoon of the 80s (i cannot believe i ever watched that show growing up. the only way i can rationalize it is that my sister must has forced me.) or the toys. The more cartoony style makes it less girly because they arent so much ponies as just quadrupeds.

The amazing detail and animation along with the writing is obviously what makes people love this show though.

Nishastra said:
If you're going to post that, you really should also post the previous one :p

http://fanboys-online.com/comics/20110402.jpg

:lol

Darte said:
Who else were they going to have tea parties and talk about boys with? teeheehee <headdesk.jpg>

Please, tell they really didnt say those things :(

DrForester said:
The current series is a sequel. Most of Pony-History can be found in Suited for Success. Namely, they are on Earth as the constellations are the same. Rarity also mentions a tank, implying there has been Pony War. Ponies clearly overthrew the humans, that's why so many things exists that clearly weren't designed for pony use, but the former humans.
Well, i would have also overthrown human of the world if they were as stupid and hideous as the Gen1 humans.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
In the short time I've researched the subject
damn ponies drive me to meaningless info
that the humans lived on their earth and the ponies lived on their alternate reality earth. The humans bridged over by some gem or something.

The only art that I don't like in this gen is front view of Celestia. It always makes me crack up on how weird it looks.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! What were they thinking!

I really love that in FIM they dont use their hooves to grab things as that is impossible, but in gen 1 its all fucked up and they are grabbing fucking teapots and the hooves transfrom in fingers!

Pretty intelingent thing Faust did there.

Well...
DHIGQ.jpg

Foxix Von

*breaths heavily from the long ass jog*

What up bronies! I'm caught up skimming the thread, my god that moved quick since I got sick O_O

So we're being moved into community? I'm not sure I'll cope, but it's sort of an honor! How many OT threads have been moved over there before? And besides since, no one actually goes in there think about how well we'll be able to secretly plan out our amazing Season 2 OT surprise attack thread!

DrForester said:

:O

Foxix Von

AceBandage said:
No no no.
It's FRIENDSHIP and she ain't gotta explain SHIT!

Well it's possible that she's using her hoof to sort of pinch the sticks between the hoof and the rock of sort of keep them in place.

Also I just want to thank Chuck again <3

UberTag

G-Fex said:
So the only good girl thing that came out of the 80's was Jem?
Jem was great and all but Jerrica Benton had a pickle up her butt about everything. I honestly don't know how Kimber put up with her sister.

Foxix Von

SpacePirate Ridley said:
What? series finale tomorrow? How may episodes are in season 1. I need to cath up, to the max :lol

26 in total lol with the finale being 26 so we're only up to 25 atm.

With the most recent being the bestest <3

Oh and since I was out with a cold, welcome to Pony Gaf!

KtSlime

Well, I know in Lost whenever something couldn't be explained the answer was magnets. I find it comforting to know that AJ has magnetic horseshoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom