• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My sister keeps fishing for affection

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFO

Banned
How do you know?

We have bathed naked together but only in the way that many siblings do i.e. pre-pubescently

kRt97Hh.gif

kirblar

Not speculating, just wanted to know if this was normal and how I could handle it. Apparently I'm a big jerk. I'm very willing to accept that.
If she's doing this to you, your sister, and your friends, it's indicating that something's up w/ her. The constant need for emotional validation from others seems like something that could really lead to problems down the line. How old is she?

Not really sure at this point. Don't know the formula to correct the % for the age gap either.

Why all the subs? Are you waiting for a showdown between me, my sis, my dad and my uncle?

I think part of it may be that she always had a large circle of friends at home, and now she's moved away she might be missing that.

So she feels lonely or homesick, you should visit her

terrene

Banned
Thank you for this post. I always had (and still do have) a lot of social anxiety as a kid which meant I tended to keep quiet and not say anything as it often seemed to result in embarrassment in front of my older siblings. My family often didn't feel like a safe place.
Then I fully understand how showing love so freely with family members can be hard. I feel for you; my family had its problems too. It's all something to think about as we transition into adulthood and finally have control over our lives and have to deal with the hand we were dealt in childhood. Best of luck to you, friend.

samn

I actually bought her a DVD called Belle for Christmas... it's about two siblings born to different parents who find it difficult to speak plainly about their feelings as they grow up. (All is resolved by the end, including the slave trade)

Why are you so paranoid?

I actually have serious anxiety that someone will find out about my internet-life. Even when my postings are perfectly innocuous, I like to have a space where I'm not judged by people I have to look at.

Soulflarz

Banned
So I dont want to be mean, but I kind of thing the OP is intentionally wording his subliminal hopes, if that makes any sense.

Magwik

Banned
I actually bought her a DVD called Belle for Christmas... it's about two siblings born to different parents who find it difficult to speak plainly about their feelings as they grow up. (All is resolved by the end, including the slave trade)
Now you're just trolling
So I dont want to be mean, but I kind of thing the OP is intentionally wording his subliminal hopes, if that makes any sense.
Or this

Feltrol

Banned

Are you sure... you don't feel anything for her? ;)

Steamlord

You should get her a copy of Dogtooth and watch it together.

Soulflarz

Banned

Either youre a troll or you just admitted you like your sister to an extent.

jb1234

Thank you for this post. I always had (and still do have) a lot of social anxiety as a kid which meant I tended to keep quiet and not say anything as it often seemed to result in embarrassment in front of my older siblings. My family often didn't feel like a safe place.

Yeah and it sounds to me like you were overcompensating for this with all the open affection for your friends.

(I've done the same thing so I totally understand it.)

samn

I don't like my sister. When I made the thread it was never about liking my sister. It's all this weird anime stuff that's led the discussion down that road and I'm throwing in stuff that I consider joking but I guess could be considered trolling, I don't know. Don't take anything I say on that subject seriously.

Anyway, terrene's analysis was helpful so I guess I got what I needed out of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom