• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My sister keeps fishing for affection

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that time of year again.

oHwLTGa.gif
Someone explain this?

Ventara

I thought she was annoying as a child but I love talking to my sister as an adult.

Well, my older sister is nice to talk to sometimes, but my younger sister is always talking about useless shit. Though occasionally we talk about news and stuff, which is good.

She must be going through something to be this emotionally upfront with you constantly. It's not necessarily a bad thing to be affectionate with siblings and remind each other of all that, but every few days sending messages like Facebook like that is just weird? My brothers and I are EXTREMELY close, but aren't always in constant communication. It could be different with a sister in the mix, though. I'm torn on the issue. And let's not forget that some people get very uncomfortable by this sort of thing. I mean I can't picture my wife and her brother ever being this direct with each other.

Though maybe OP has never been real with her about his feelings and she is constantly questioning it?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I just realised/remembered that I do pretty much the same thing my sister does, to my friends, and they are actually a little creeped out by it. Nor do they reciprocate...

You tell your friends you love them everyday?

You sure you're biological brother and sister? Maybe your parents both had kids from separate marriages and then got married while the two of you were very young. Maybe she found out about this. Maybe she's sending you signals.

samn

You sure you're biological brother and sister? Maybe your parents both had kids from separate marriages and then got married while the two of you were very young. Maybe she found out about this. Maybe she's sending you signals.

Her face is a very different shape than anyone else's in the family.

That commercial is amazing btw

terrisus

Every couple of days she'll send me a Facebook message saying 'I love you' and get very upset if I don't respond in kind.

It's that time of year again.

oHwLTGa.gif

Her face is a very different shape than anyone else's in the family.

That commercial is amazing btw

Well...
This topic has taken a strange turn...

How old is she? Maybe she just looks up to you and stuff and wants to know you care about her too. I admit it is kind of weird to message you every couple of days just saying "I love you" but whatever, it's the facebook generation where everything is fair game for an instant message.

I would atleast ask her whats up and if everything's okay just to be sure. Be a good brother.

samn

To clarify on the face shape thing: she's an oval, my other sis and I are John Kerrys. This may be just be our jaw defect I dunno.

I was going to mention there were suspicions a long time ago our dad was going off with an aunt, but then the birth would have happened somewhere else...

To clarify on the face shape thing: she's an oval, my other sis and I are John Kerrys. This may be just be our jaw defect I dunno.

I was going to mention there were suspicions a long time ago our dad was going off with an aunt, but then the birth would have happened somewhere else...

Alright. Subbed.

PirateKing

Tis gon be gud.

Subbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom