• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My sister keeps fishing for affection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It's physically painful. I'm serious. I actually wince.

"I love you too sis"

goku-ssj-beat-up.jpg

OP, maybe you could just send her one of those cute images if it hurts to actually type it out or say it.

Just google image "Brother sister love"...and probably turn on Safe Search before doing so.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Since a couple years ago.

We always used to be quite mean and sarcastic to each other, growing up. I liked it better that way. Now every conversation feels like a scene from a movie and I don't know how to handle it or whether this is normal behaviour.

Ah

I was pretty rough with my siblings when I was young too but as you (I?) get older you start seeing them differently I guess. Maybe she misses you guys? It is that season you know.

samn

OP, maybe you could just send her one of those cute images if it hurts to actually type it out or say it.

Just google image "Brother sister love"...and probably turn on Safe Search before doing so.

I gladly send pictures of puppies but that's as far as I can go.

Ventara

Just ignore her completely or give her very curt replies. My sister now knows not to talk to me if she wants some conversation, which is a big relief.

This type of stuff pisses me off. Unless you've had some huge fall out with your family there is no reason to not at least talk to them.
My sister and I were at each other's throats for most of our youth, but as we grew up we developed at least a friendly relationship. I call her on occassion to check up and see how she's doing. No issue.
I understand others might now value family as much as I was raised to, but you can at least talk to your sister.

samn

I'm happy to have a conversation with her, it's just that all the emotion and affection and expression of our love gets in the way of it.

I avoid starting conversations with her. If I say something funny she'll go on about how oh you're such a comedian I've always loved this about you bla bla bla. I'm starting to see the value of keeping emotions bottled up inside.

I'm not sure what to say....this is one of the saddest things I've read on here in a while.

terrisus

Also, just read the title as:
My sister keeps fis
t
ing for affection

That gave this thread a much different view...

Ala Alba

I'm happy to have a conversation with her, it's just that all the emotion and affection and expression of our love gets in the way of it.

I honestly feel sorry for you. I have a lot of sisters, and I'm glad that I'm still close to all of them.

Maddocks

When I read this all I could think about was Family Guy when Peter kept on asking Lionel Richie who hurt him.

who hurt you samn? who hurt you?

Dambrosi

Banned
Hmm, that sounds like a sensitive topic to broach. We definitely don't want to get the wrong idea about this, so here's an idea; why don't you go visit her in person and offer to brush her teeth for her. Then tell GAF how that goes.

nise1-450x252.jpg

Just reply to her already, jeezus

bobeth

Get a room already!

A nice, quiet room where you could tell her about her neediness...

samn

I just realised/remembered that I do pretty much the same thing my sister does, to my friends, and they are actually a little creeped out by it. Nor do they reciprocate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom