• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Thoughts on the PS5 / Xbox Series X and GamePass

ZZZZ

Disclaimer - Before i start i just want to point out that i'm not a huge fan of Halo, i think i played 3, reach and only enjoyed them because of the co-op feature.
English is not my first language so forgive me for typos.

In my opinion there's a misunderstanding going on that the PS4 beat Xbox One by a large margin because of exclusives, and i think that's true but only to a point, there's more to the huge gap between both consoles.

Before we get to exclusives there's 3 big points that Microsoft failed going into the last generation.

1 - Marketing.
The marketing was Horrible during launch year, we all remember the TV B.S, always online nonsense and what a mess it was.

2- Price.
The Xbox one was 100$ dollars more expensive than the PS4, that's a huge difference for casuals.

3- Power.
Not only was the Xbox one more expensive, it was less powerful than the PS4, all you heard on the media was how games like Battlefield, COD and other huge third party games had a higher resolution or better frames on the PS4.

Because of those 3 reason, the PS4 jumped to a huge early lead, and later on the exclusives made sure to keep that gap at over 2 to 1.

Microsoft

I believe Phil Spencer sent out to fix those 3 things and the lack of exclusives.
He made a more powerful console.
They still haven't announced a price (i'm sure Xbox Series X is not going to cost 100 dollars more than the PS5, that would be a huge mistake).
There's no more TV/NFL marketing, it's all about games.
He acquired a bunch of studios, to make sure the Xbox Series X has a good line-up of exclusives during this generation.

Things he Failed in my opinion:

1 - Cross-gen.
Games from here on out should not be Cross-Gen, it should be made only for the Series X, we all see how Halo turned out, (even though i never expected much from 343, i think they are an average developer at best and shouldn't be given such an important task).

2 - He took too long to acquire studios and send them dev kits to work on games for next gen.
Most of these studios are still using the new money to hire talent, and their projects are still early in development. Even though they do have games that look promising (Hellblade 2, Fable, Avowed and we still haven't seen the new rpg that Inxile is working on or The Initiative big project) they all look really far away from release, probably 2022? most likely 2023 and beyond, who knows maybe at that point we are already reading speculations about a mid gen console upgrade like the PS4 Pro and the Xbox one X.

3 - Marketing.
He keeps hyping up the console even though he doesn't have anything to show for it, if he needs time he needs to buy some.

How does Phil Spencer buy time and convince casuals to buy his console at release instead of PS5?
He should be focusing on third parties, using the power of the Series X to promote that Cyberpunk, Call of Duty, RE8 and others will play with better resolution and frames on his console.

Sony

Sony did a lot of things right going into the next gen here's a few of them.

1 - No Cross-gen exclusives.
Every game from Sony's first party studios is going to benefit heavily from this as we saw from Ratchet and GT7 gameplay videos.

2 - Sony sent Dev kits early and told their studios to start working on Next gen early and because of it they seem to have a lot of games that will be released in 2020,2021.
Spiderman Miles Morales
Ratchet & Clank
Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Horizon Forbidden West
Demon's Souls (Maybe? we have only seen the Remade intro and pictures)
GT7 (Maybe? Polyphony loves to delay their games).
There's more but those are the big ones in my opinion.

3 - Marketing.
They are keeping quiet mostly, and they are delivering.
It will be crazy if we see RaySpace and Silent Hill in August and they are closer to release than we think.

What could hurt Sony even though they did most things right?

My guess would be SSD magic, even though a lot of people believe in it....i don't.
I think Xbox series X will be the better place to play third party games and could hurt PS5 sales.

PS5 should jump to an early lead still, everything points to it.

Gamepass

If Microsoft's conference big idea was to sell the gamepass, i think they delivered.
The fact that 3 years from now you can play Fable, Avowed, Halo, Forza and more for 10-15 dollars a month is absolutely incredible.
I don't even know if that's sustainable.
A lot of people that struggle with money and usually only buy a game a year or maybe 2, will be able to subscribe to Gamepass for a few months and have access to a lot more games than he/she usually does.

Conclusion

I'm excited for next gen, most companies have stopped looking for the next COD, and most of them didn't fall for the Battle Royale bait, and those that followed the games as a service model already tried and failed like Bethesda and Bioware and should be going back to what they do best in Single Player experiences.

I believe we will have a lot of great games to look forward to in the next 3-4 years.
Anyway that's my 2 cents on the topic, thanks for reading it.

Last edited:

ZZZZ

Wedge looks like a fat lesbian.

I wanted to ask, where is he/she came from, probably another push for diversity.
Really?
He's a side character from FF VII.
You guys won, i'm changing the picture, don't want this to be an insult Wedge thread.
images

Last edited:

Freeman

Banned
Your mistake is underestimating the history of PlayStation, the power of the brand and the expectation it already creates out of the gate. Power and even price (to a certain degree) aren't as important as people make them out to be.

People don't get their mind wiped before a generation start, everybody remembered The Last of US releasing in 2013, everybody remember how Sony came back around 2009 and how MS changed focus to Kinect.

This time people will remember the great lineup of exclusives the PS4 had since 2015 as opposed to how bad things were on the MS side. People will remember how Sony supported VR (as opposed to MS that made a bunch of false promises regarding AR and VR).

MS PR is always focused on the wrong things, native 4K, Teraflops, business model, etc. You can't get hyped about value, that's not how things work, games are what get people excited, new features, new ways to play.

Last edited:

ZZZZ

Your mistake is underestimating the history of PlayStation, the power of the brand and the expectation it already creates out of the gate. Power and even price (to a certain degree) aren't as important as people make them out to be.

People don't get their mind wiped before a generation start, everybody remembered The Last of US releasing in 2013, everybody remember how Sony came back around 2009 and how MS changed focus to Kinect.

This time people will remember the great lineup of exclusives the PS4 had since 2015 as opposed to how bad things were on the MS side.
You think so? I mean, they were in an even better place after the PS2 era, and a lot of people jumped ship to xbox 360.
I expect PS5 to jump to an early lead like i said, not sure it will be as big as the last one if both consoles are the same price.
One thing that could hurt Xbox sales that i forgot to mention is the fact that every game will be released on PC as well simultaneously, so people like myself don't need to buy the console if we want to play games like Fable or Avowed.

Freeman

Banned
You think so? I mean, they were in an even better place after the PS2 era, and a lot of people jumped ship to xbox 360.
I expect PS5 to jump to an early lead like i said, not sure it will be as big as the last one if both consoles are the same price.
One thing that could hurt Xbox sales that i forgot to mention is the fact that every game will be released on PC as well simultaneously, so people like myself don't need to buy the console if we want to play games like Fable or Avowed.
People didn't jump on the 360, it hit the market one year earlier and the PS3 flew too close to the sun with it's insane ambitions. In the end MS still ended up last even with the help of Kinect (that later would be their downfall and set them back years).

About everything releasing on PC, yes, we are yet to see how a console that shares all it's games with PC does, since the Xbox One didn't start that way.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Microsoft needs to dig deeply into their own heritage. That and Rare's heritage. Halo and Fable is a start.

Had they even slightly teased Banjo and Perfect Dark, I feel their July 23rd event would've had a much more positive reception overall.

ZZZZ

People didn't jump on the 360, it hit the market one year earlier and the PS3 flew too close to the sun with it's insane ambitions. In the end MS still ended up last even with the help of Kinect (that later was their downfall).
You can say the same thing about the Xbox one though with the always online/Kinect/Price/TV/NFL. Sony did a lot of things right and Microsoft did a lot of things wrong and that's why the gap was so huge.

Microsoft needs to dig deeply into their own heritage. That and Rare's heritage. Halo and Fable is a start.

Had they even slightly teased Banjo and Perfect Dark, I feel their July 23rd event would've had a much more positive reception overall.
Hm.. you think so? I mean, i laughed at the Bethesda conference when they showed a couple of seconds of Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 back in 2018, but a lot of people screamed how much they loved it.
I'm not sure showing a logo and a couple of seconds CGI teaser would help much when it comes to forums like NeoGAF, maybe the casual reception would have been better?

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
I see a lot of people thinking that Game Pass saved Microsoft's show. I like Game Pass and am currently subscribed but some of those titles are years away. Using your three years number we are possibly looking at $540 worth of Game Pass Ultimate ($360 console only) to get to play some of these titles using the service. I'm not saying they will not offer games monthly, I am excited for Grounded this week, but if someone is looking at a game like Avowed, Fable or Everwild it is going to be a long wait. When my current subscription ends I am most likely going to only pay for the months I am interested in playing something.

ZZZZ

I see a lot of people thinking that Game Pass saved Microsoft's show. I like Game Pass and am currently subscribed but some of those titles are years away. Using your three years number we are possibly looking at $540 worth of Game Pass Ultimate ($360 console only) to get to play some of these titles using the service. I'm not saying they will not offer games monthly, I am excited for Grounded this week, but if someone is looking at a game like Avowed, Fable or Everwild it is going to be a long wait. When my current subscription ends I am most likely going to only pay for the months I am interested in playing something.
That's what i pointed out, i'm talking about 2022,2023 when most of those games they showed would be out, and some guy/girl struggling for money can subscribe for a couple of months and play all of them instead of just 1.

Last edited:

Freeman

Banned
You can say the same thing about the Xbox one though with the always online/Kinect/Price/TV/NFL. Sony did a lot of things right and Microsoft did a lot of things wrong and that's why the gap was so huge.
I can't. PS3 went down for trying to push things like BR disc, Cell processor, HDMI, HD in all models, insanity like OtherOS and so on. They had the wrong focus and believed people would buy the PS3 regardless of what it was.

MS went down because they wanted to force Kinect and didn't realize that it was a gimmick like the wiimote and people had moved on, they didn't invest in their internal studios and even had Rare and Lionhead working on Kinect. The DRM stuff was just the excuse people found to pounce on a product they already didn't like and MS was dumb to be so upfront with their plans (Sony is about to pull a similar move now with the PS5 DE and no cares). I bet the TV and NFL thing actually helped sell Xbox One, people forget that it sold well at first, some people actually bought into that.

Last edited:

ZZZZ

I can't. PS3 went down for trying to push things like BR disc, Cell processor, HDMI, HD in all models, insanity like OtherOS and so on.

MS went down because they wanted to force Kinect and didn't realize that it was a gimmick like the wiimote and people had moved on, they didn't invest in their internal studios and even had Rare and Lionhead working on Kinect. The DRM stuff was just the excuse people found to pounce on a product they already didn't like and MS was dumb to be so upfront with their plans (Sony is about to pull a similar move now with the PS5 DE and no cares).
I agree with you.
I'm just trying to point out that both failed by trying to push the wrong things.

Freeman

Banned
I agree with you.
I'm just trying to point out that both failed by trying to push the wrong things.
So I ask you a question. Who do you think is more likely to be pushing the wrong thing now, Sony or MS?

The value of gamepass drops drastically after you had it for a month or two(unless they keep putting games on it that you are interested in at a fast pace such that you never catch up, you have no control of what they'll be adding it could be very easily a bunch of games you don't care for). Good luck to anyone that will stay subscribed all the way until those games that were teased are released.

PS+ also started like a decent value proposition then turned to shit quickly, now all it does is give away shit games and games everyone already has.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
The fact that 3 years from now

avg. price set $30 (60+5/2 = $32.5), obviously not 100% accurate
3rd Party Strength (software sales)
PS2 1.5bill.
PS3 1bill.
PS4 1.2bill.

PS2 to PS4 3.75billions times $30 = $112billion revenue
minus 30% (licensing)
minus 10% (printing, distribution, retailers)
subtotal of $67billions
subtotal of $73billions (handhelds@350mill.)

XB 2001 300mill.+
360 950mill.+
XB1 410mill.+

XB to XB1 = 1.66bill. = $35billions
minus 30% (licensing)
(+ gamepass of 10mill. subs at $15 = $1.8Bill. -minus platform fee )
subtotal of $21billions + gamepass = $22.2billions

3rd parties made 3.3x times as much on PlayStation in the past 20 years as with Xbox and that´s with the turtle having a 1 year head start, the bunny has overtaken the turtle over 3.3x times by now.

Sorry, but i don´t see the turtle overtaking the bunny. :D

Freeman

Banned
PS2 1.5bill.
PS3 1bill.
PS4 1.2bill.

minus 30% (licensing)
subtotal of $67billions

XB 2001 300mill.+
360 950mill.+
XB1 410mill.+

minus 30% (licensing)

3rd parties made 3.3x times as much on PlayStation in the past 20 years as with Xbox and that´s with the turtle having a 1 year head start, the bunny has overtaken the turtle over 3.3x times by now.

The bunny is about to lure most people into a digital only future where they have lower cost, a bigger cut, complete control over pricing, no competition from used games. So far it has generated zero backlash while the turtle almost killed itself trying to do this given how thristy it was for this model.

Last edited:

ZZZZ

So I ask you a question. Who do you think is more likely to be pushing the wrong thing now, Sony or MS?

The value of gamepass drops drastically after you had it for a month or two(unless they keep putting games on it that you are interested in at a fast pace such that you never catch up, you have no control of what they'll be adding it could be very easily a bunch of games you don't care for). Good luck to anyone that will stay subscribed all the way until those games that were teased are released.

PS+ also started like a decent value proposition then turned to shit quickly, now all it does is give away shit games and games everyone already has.
I believe MS is way more likely to push the wrong things.

The point i was trying to make is that gamepass is valuable for a month or two.
You are not going to be subscribed to it the whole year, you play the games you want for a month or two, and then wait for more games that you are interested to subscribe again for a couple of months.
It will help people with lesser income to be able to enjoy more games than they usually would.

PS2 1.5bill.
PS3 1bill.
PS4 1.2bill.

minus 30% (licensing)
subtotal of $67billions

XB 2001 300mill.+
360 950mill.+
XB1 410mill.+

minus 30% (licensing)

Wow, where did i say Microsoft was overtaking Sony?
I was talking about gamepass when i mentioned the 3 years from now, how did you turn that into 3rd party software sales?
I agree with you 3rd parties made more money with Playstation, specially during the PS2 and PS4 eras, the fact that Xbox 360 came close to the ps3 is another testament to how Sony fucked up it's launch.

Last edited:

mejin

When ps3 needed to be "reintroduced" to the mass, Sony basically did 3 things: price cut, created Plus and invested in their first party studios.

All decisions were to attract people to the games first since it is useless to focus in everthing else if you don't have the games.

The results were seen in the same gen and ps3 even had a final great year in 2013 when new gen was arriving.

MS needed to do the same this gen for Xbox one and they simply didn't. So, their actions were to build for the new gen, they feed their community this narrative. And once again they blew it, the games are not ready.

So, XSX should continue to attract people who is invested on Xbox ecossystem, but they will have difficulty to attract new consumers.

ZZZZ

When ps3 needed to be "reintroduced" to the mass, Sony basically did 3 things: price cut, created Plus and invested in their first party studios.

All decisions were to attract people to the games first since it is useless to focus in everthing else if you don't have the games.

The results were seen in the same gen and ps3 even had a final great year in 2013 when new gen was arriving.

MS needed to do the same this gen for Xbox one and they simply didn't. So, their actions were to build for the new gen, they feed their community this narrative. And once again they blew it, the games are not ready.

So, XSX should continue to attract people who is invested on Xbox ecossystem, but they will have difficulty to attract new consumers.
My only different point is that they can try and attract the costumers that buy only COD and FIFA/Madden every year and maybe 2 or 3 other games during the generation like Cyberpunk or GTA by pointing out Series X has better graphics and frames than the PS5.
These costumers bought PS4 because it was cheaper and more powerful.
I'm just saying they have a chance, not that it will happen, aside from that i agree with you 100%.

quest

Not Banned from OT
So now it is Phils fault it took so long to come up with gamepass and get the CEO to lift the budgetary cuts that were enacted after Dons failure. This i tell you let's blame jobs for taking to long for inventing the iPhone gtfo people. Get it through your heads people there was zero budget until gamepass and Phil convincing the CEO it would work. That was around 2017-2018. Business deals take time as do making games. You think a studio just shits out games in 2 years it does not matter how fast the kits come ffs

"
2 - He took too long to acquire studios and send them dev kits to work on games for next gen.
Most of these studios are still using the new money to hire talent, and their projects are still early in development. Even though they do have games that look promising (Hellblade 2, Fable, Avowed and we still haven't seen the new rpg that Inxile is working on or The Initiative big project) they all look really far away from release, probably 2022? most likely 2023 and beyond, who knows maybe at that point we are already reading speculations about a mid gen console upgrade like the PS4 Pro and the Xbox one X."

Freeman

Banned

Also, with the way subscription doesn't tie you to any ecosystem (since you are not building a library), it makes it much easier for PlayStation to lure Xbox fans than the other way around.

Last edited:

ZZZZ

So now it is Phils fault it took so long to come up with gamepass and get the CEO to lift the budgetary cuts that were enacted after Dons failure. This i tell you let's blame jobs for taking to long for inventing the iPhone gtfo people. Get it through your heads people there was zero budget until gamepass and Phil convincing the CEO it would work. That was around 2017-2018. Business deals take time as do making games. You think a studio just shits out games in 2 years it does not matter how fast the kits come ffs

"
Most of these studios are still using the new money to hire talent, and their projects are still early in development. Even though they do have games that look promising (Hellblade 2, Fable, Avowed and we still haven't seen the new rpg that Inxile is working on or The Initiative big project) they all look really far away from release, probably 2022? most likely 2023 and beyond, who knows maybe at that point we are already reading speculations about a mid gen console upgrade like the PS4 Pro and the Xbox one X."
I understand your point, and i don't think a studio shits out game every 2 years.

In the end for the costumer, it doesn't matter that he needed time to acquire the studios, the fact is, the games will only be ready by 2022,2023, so Phil needs to find a different reason to make people buy a series X in 2020.

Hunnybun

I keep hearing this sort of thing. Ryan McCaffrey said the other day how they should leverage their vast 'treasure trove' of IPs...

I'm kind of baffled by it. What treasure trove? Seems like they mill anything half decent to death, like Gears and Forza.

I even hear people citing stuff like Crimson Skies! Like, are they fucking serious?! Some nothing game from about 20 years ago - it barely even meets the definition of an IP. It's certainly not a brand with any value. Yeah they've got a few Rare IPs but are they really that valuable? Most of them haven't been used in about 20 years.

Really don't want to turn it into a console war, but when you compare their line up to Sony's latent properties...

Syphon Filter
Wipeout
Motorstorm
Socom
Killzone
Jak and Daxter
Sly Cooper
Resistance
Infamous
Twisted Metal
Warhawk
Siren
Ape Escape
The Getaway
Until Dawn

I mean, I wouldn't be clamouring for many of them to come back, but it seems like way more than Microsoft could draw on.

Microsoft should let their studios create new stuff. That's what they need. Not a reboot of some generic nonsense like Perfect Dark.

teezzy

Banned
H Hunnybun

The only reason you think they're 'barely' IPs is due to the fact that they are so underutilized. As a medium, gaming has grown so much as a whole since a lot of these favorites were last seen on the original Xbox.

A growth which the Xbox brand largely contributed towards with their innovations in online gaming, utilization of in-console HDDs, etc.

There are definitely people who grew up with Xbox, and they deserve to have warm fuzzies about Blinx the Time Sweeper as much as Sony/Nintendo fans enjoy relishing with their beloved IPs as well.

teezzy

Banned
I guess it's a matter of opinion to some extent.

Out of interest, what would you say some of these IPs are?

The thing with Microsoft is that a lot of that nostalgia also bleeds together with Rare and SEGA as well.

Fwiw, I'd legit love to see Blinx come back. Not saying it'd sell gangbusters or anything, but he deserves a third game.

Sooooo...

Blinx
Blood Wake
MechAssault
Crimson Skies
Killer Instinct
Quantum Redshift
Phantom Dust
Jade Empire
Alan Wake
Conker
Otogi
Perfect Dark
Ninja Gaiden
Banjo Kazooie
Blue Dragon
Panzer Dragoon
Jet Set Radio
Viva Pinata
Top Spin
Dead Rising

teezzy

Banned
I'd love to see MS buy Playtonic and WB Games and just outsource a lot of the IPs mentioned above to them.

Hunnybun

The thing with Microsoft is that a lot of that nostalgia also bleeds together with Rare and SEGA as well.

Fwiw, I'd legit love to see Blinx come back. Not saying it'd sell gangbusters or anything, but he deserves a third game.

Sooooo...

Blinx
Blood Wake
MechAssault
Crimson Skies
Killer Instinct
Quantum Redshift
Phantom Dust
Jade Empire
Alan Wake
Conker
Otogi
Perfect Dark
Ninja Gaiden
Banjo Kazooie
Blue Dragon
Panzer Dragoon
Jet Set Radio
Viva Pinata
Top Spin
Dead Rising

Right. Not wanting to sound mean, but it's not exactly a stellar line up, is it?

Fair enough, be nostalgic. But objectively speaking there's not a whole lot of quality there.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I understand your point, and i don't think a studio shits out game every 2 years.

In the end for the costumer, it doesn't matter that he needed time to acquire the studios, the fact is, the games will only be ready by 2022,2023, so Phil needs to find a different reason to make people buy a series X in 2020.
It will be timed exclusives and the value of gamepass until the new studios pump out games. With some smaller AA cross gen projects like grounded.
I'd love to see MS buy Playtonic and WB Games and just outsource a lot of the IPs mentioned above to them.
Microsoft is letting studios decide on the games they want to make. This is not the old team buying studios and forcing to make games they don't want to. They can offer the old school IP to them but they get to decide. Microsoft is finally doing it right letting studios make games they want not what the suits want.

I don't find GamePass to be a good deal everyone is talking about.

So...you pay $10-15 / month to play 3 games over 3 years? Lemme do the math for you. That's best case $360 dollars to play 3 potentially great games, and a bunch of shovelware.

Hunnybun

I'd love to see it happen.

Right, Rocksteady. Enough of that Batman shit. Time to get serious. Blinx the Cat. That's what I'm talking about.

ZZZZ

So...you pay $10-15 / month to play 3 games over 3 years? Lemme do the math for you. That's best case $360 dollars to play 3 potentially great games, and a bunch of shovelware.
I think i failed to get my point across.
I didn't mean you subscribe for 3 years to play 3 games, but when eventually all these games that were shown are released, you can subscribe for a few months and play all of them.
You won't be paying 360 dollars to play 3 great games, but 15-45 dollars to play all 3 plus whatever else is on there.
Then you wait another few years, and repeat the process.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Right. Not wanting to sound mean, but it's not exactly a stellar line up, is it?

Fair enough, be nostalgic. But objectively speaking there's not a whole lot of quality there.

Oh, I get it now. You're responding with disingenuous wank.

There's plenty of critically acclaimed titles and fan favorites on that list.

Have fun playing Killzone and Siren, scrub.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

The hell are you talking about?

I think i failed to get my point across.
I didn't mean you subscribe for 3 years to play 3 games, but when eventually all these games that were shown are released, you can subscribe for a few months and play all of them.
You won't be paying 360 dollars to play 3 great games, but 30-45 dollars to play all 3 plus whatever else is on there.
Then you wait another few years, and repeat the process.

Sure, I guess you could do that. Microsoft's taking a loss on a consumer that does this, but expects to hook them into subscribing for the long term.

But you also lose access to the game after your sub expires.

I'd rather just pay $60 for a game I really want.

Hunnybun

Oh, I get it now. You're responding with disingenuous wank.

There's plenty of critically acclaimed titles and fan favorites on that list.

Have fun playing Killzone and Siren, scrub.

Lol I'm not saying it's all shit. There's some decent enough stuff.

It just doesn't qualify as this major asset people talk about. There's a reason these properties are dead. The idea that that's the route for Ms to take, acquiring great studios and have them work on mediocre IPs that never set the world on fire and the average gamer has no idea exists, it's just delusional.

It's bad enough that it looks like they're going to put this great team at the Initiative to work on something as uninspired as Perfect Dark, but I suppose that does have some pedigree. The rest should stay dead, just like all those Sony IPs I listed.

ZZZZ

Sure, I guess you could do that. Microsoft's taking a loss on a consumer that does this, but expects to hook them into subscribing for the long term.

But you also lose access to the game after your sub expires.

I'd rather just pay $60 for a game I really want.
That's why i don't think it's sustainable, a lot of people won't stay subscribed.

You can eventually buy the game that you "really want" while still playing everything else at a cheap price during the period that you are subscribed.

quest

Not Banned from OT
The hell are you talking about?
Anything less than a 90 on metacritic is shovelware unless it is a sony exclusive then it was "biased" reviews. Don't sweat it par for the course now days to shit on anything Microsoft.

Kumomeme

Microsoft

3 - Marketing.
He keeps hyping up the console even though he doesn't have anything to show for it, if he needs time he needs to buy some.

How does Phil Spencer buy time and convince casuals to buy his console at release instead of PS5?
He should be focusing on third parties, using the power of the Series X to promote that Cyberpunk, Call of Duty, RE8 and others will play with better resolution and frames on his console.

Sony

3 - Marketing.
They are keeping quiet mostly, and they are delivering.
It will be crazy if we see RaySpace and Silent Hill in August and they are closer to release than we think.

wholeheartly agree with this...phil spencer need to tone down the talking abit...not ask him to completely quiet, until now he succeed to bring the hype but no use if most of it just an empty claim... just tone it down abit.. or it will end up similliar to what happened to the recent showcase ..again

sony and nintendo did this alot...less talking, less claiming while let their game do most of the 'talking'

they(ms) have stronger console..no need to rush..with all the studio acquisition, they probably not completely settle down yet..no need to desperate to catch up to sony's first party immediately....building an army doesnt happened in overnight...also sony has advantages of mindshare..so ms need to tread their step carefully to mitigate the mindshare gap or they(sony) might end up widen it instead

Cloaka

Neo Member

Cry more hater.
Not a good deal, hahah what a clown.

teezzy

Banned
Microsoft is letting studios decide on the games they want to make. This is not the old team buying studios and forcing to make games they don't want to. They can offer the old school IP to them but they get to decide. Microsoft is finally doing it right letting studios make games they want not what the suits want.

Fair enough. The crux of my initial post weighed on Microsoft getting people excited for their brand again. Bringing back beloved, even forgotten, IPs has a tendency to do that.

Playtonic worked on Banjo before, and Yooka Laylee was a love letter to that. They deserve a proper shot at the real deal with an actual budget behind them. Let Rare-proper work on Everwild, and whatever else, in the meanwhile.

WB Games is for sale. Doesn't come with the WB licenses full stop, so why not let them have a crack at something Microsoft still owns the rights to?

Idk. Just shootin' shit.

Top Bottom