• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mythical Pokemon being distributed throughout 2016

Wanderer5

Went to my Gamestop earlier today and they said they ran out of Mews weeks ago. That's what I get I guess lol.

Maybe try nintendo customer service? Could get a code if you say your gamestop ran out of them, but I not sure if it going to work now that the promotion for mew is over through.

Nista

I just got the new pokemon 3ds for our trip tomorrow, but our Gamestop said they ran out of codes ages ago. :(

If anyone can find a Mew for my BF for his first pokemon game ever (he was a PC only gamer 20 years ago), I would be so appreciative and can possibly trade something fun for it.

Wanderer5

I had a feeling that I got Celebi already, and sure enough I did get it via Gen 4. Lv 50 however, so maybe I will still get this one.

I also gotten lv 100 Arceus through, so I wonder if there any point of getting a code in August if I transfer my Gen 4 sutff to Gen 6 eventually before Gen 7. I doubt I be using him much anyway, but still wonder.

//ARCANUM

So I just started Pokemon Y. I'm about an hour in. I managed to get a Mew code and got Mew and Celebi. But when I try and use them they both basically ignore my commands. Sorry, I'm super new at this. Are they only for show? Or do I have to level up my trainer/get all the badges and stuff before they'll listen to me?

So I just started Pokemon Y. I'm about an hour in. I managed to get a Mew code and got Mew and Celebi. But when I try and use them they both basically ignore my commands. Sorry, I'm super new at this. Are they only for show? Or do I have to level up my trainer/get all the badges and stuff before they'll listen to me?

Need badges. Pokemon that you captured yourself will listen to you always, but ones where the OT isn't you then you need certain badges depending on the level.

tuffymon

Shame though, since the first Celebi was only level 5. The one given through the pokebank was more newbie friendly, I had a buddy use that as one of his 6 through the game. Feels weird having just level 100's given to you >.>;

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
thanks! and haha, na it's cool. that makes sense. otherwise I imagine I'd be able to just blow through the whole game without trying at all, which wouldn't be much fun. :p

You'll blow through the game anyway if you stick to a stable of 3-4 pokemon the whole game. I remember in RBY I tried to play the game like a regular RPG where I picked my team and stuck with them, and my team was mashing everyone into a fine paste up until the Elite Four.

I recommend trying new pokemon as you catch them and changing up your team from time to time.

I have a Japanese version here.

Can I get Celebi?

I don't see why not. The only ones that should be non Nintendo Network should be the ones that are distributing through stores in other regions.

Desmond

You'll blow through the game anyway if you stick to a stable of 3-4 pokemon the whole game. I remember in RBY I tried to play the game like a regular RPG where I picked my team and stuck with them, and my team was mashing everyone into a fine paste up until the Elite Four.

I recommend trying new pokemon as you catch them and changing up your team from time to time.

I don't see why not. The only ones that should be non Nintendo Network should be the ones that are distributing through stores in other regions.

Nope, I tried both and it only works on the NA XY & ORAS, it doesn't work on the JP one (There were no gifts to be found).

DRAGON RAGE lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So wait, the mythical monthly stuff is not in Japan besides Mew? What is this shit?

thanks! and haha, na it's cool. that makes sense. otherwise I imagine I'd be able to just blow through the whole game without trying at all, which wouldn't be much fun. :p

You can do that with them if you want even if they don't listen to you. The Elite 4 are the only people anywhere close to the level of your pokemon and its still a difference of 30 levels at the least. Pokemon that idle on you can still use attacks that will 1 shot the opposing pokemon 99% of the time as long as its an attack move.

Adeptrain

I had 3 spare NA codes, so I just looked back at the 3 most recent requests and sent out codes to you via pm. If you don't need a NA code, then just please just pass it along to someone who needs it.

Also, no idea if anyone needs some AUS codes. Just PM me with a request if you would like an AUS code :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So the February Pokémon, Mew, wasn't even available to get from a GAME yesterday while the March Pokémon, Celebi, was available to download.

Someone forgot it's a leap year.

(Luckily fellow member, Samurai_Heart, gave me a spare Mew code)

kaitain19

Finally, after all these years I got myself a Mew! And i didn't need a code to get it!

Funny story, really. Since my country has no Gamestop, I couldn't get any code. But then, I've obtained a shiny Talonflame through Wonder Trading yesterday. Since I already have a shiny Talonflame (with better stats), I decided to just deposit the second one in the GTS, hoping someone will trade their Mew for it.

Kinsei

Banned
Wow this thing is level 100. I now have... TWO CELEBIS. Too bad it's bad trade bait since everyone has two as well.

It'll make good trade bait in gen VII. There will be people trying out the series for the first time and people getting back into the series like every gen.

I think I have three Celebi at this point. Soul Silver, Bank, this event.

This will be my fourth. HG, SS, X, and AS. I missed the Bank event.

Hedge

Man, in Denmark I can't get a Mew code unless I buy something from the store. I didn't think they were allowed to "sell" codes like that. :(

Man, in Denmark I can't get a Mew code unless I buy something from the store. I didn't think they were allowed to "sell" codes like that. :(
They're not. Some individual stores do it anyway but they are supposed to be given out for free with no obligation to anything.
???, shouldn't everyone be able to get one since it's via Nintendo distribution?

Actually Japanese region consoles (and maybe Korean and Taiwanese region too) cannot.

Zenaku

So, since nobody bothered to answer, I got a hold of an EU copy of AS, and ran it on my Japanese 3DS via homebrew. Starting the game via region free (which presumably forces the game to run on your region) didn't work, as MG simply said there was nothing there. Using HANS to force the EU region, however, got me Celebi's mystery gift.

So, decided to test something and tried my Japanese OR cartridge, using HANS to force an EU region, and sure enough mystery gift found the Celebi. Even after switching back to JP region the MG card was still there, and I got Celebi safe and sound.

In other words, with homebrew you can get the mythicals no matter what region game you have.

wiibomb

So, since nobody bothered to answer, I got a hold of an EU copy of AS, and ran it on my Japanese 3DS via homebrew. Starting the game via region free (which presumably forces the game to run on your region) didn't work, as MG simply said there was nothing there. Using HANS to force the EU region, however, got me Celebi's mystery gift.

So, decided to test something and tried my Japanese OR cartridge, using HANS to force an EU region, and sure enough mystery gift found the Celebi. Even after switching back to JP region the MG card was still there, and I got Celebi safe and sound.

In other words, with homebrew you can get the mythicals no matter what region game you have.

Wow, that's really interesting..

but which Mystery gift did you find in the Japanese copy? the EU event or the Japanese event?

webster1

Neo Member
I have no Game stores nearby, can anyone spare a Mew? EU Based.
Wish I had extra mew, but this is my biggest issue with serial codes... Not everyone is near a game store... I'm also not a fan of Gamestop but that's not my complaint, I do like smaller stores that actually resell retro games at decent prices... Why can't Nintendo work with them, they need the business/advertising.

Zenaku

Wow, that's really interesting..

but which Mystery gift did you find in the Japanese copy? the EU event or the Japanese event?

EU. The events title was English, but the main text was Japanese (same as if you use JP language on an EU game). I thought the mystery gift server it checks would be hardcoded into each regions game, but it looks like it just checks a server based on whatever region the game thinks it's running on.

It makes me wonder whether or not an EU or US copy of the game could use a Japanese Mew code by forcing the JP region. If so, people who really want Mew and have homebrew might have the option of importing a boxed copy of RBGY VC for the Mew code. That option should be available for the next year, and it opens up the chance for other region exclusives.

Canon

Banned
Maybe try nintendo customer service? Could get a code if you say your gamestop ran out of them, but I not sure if it going to work now that the promotion for mew is over through.
They won't give out any through online chat at least.

Again, I am offering free Legend of Zelda + Super Mario Bros. (NES Wii U Virtual Console) codes in exchange for a Mew in North America.... PM please

Andrin

I don't suppose anyone's got an extra EU Mew code lying around? They're only given out in toy stores around here, and the only one close to where I live was all out from around day 2 or so.

inherendo

Need badges. Pokemon that you captured yourself will listen to you always, but ones where the OT isn't you then you need certain badges depending on the level.

I remember one playthrough where I went with a single charmander the entire play through on blue. I had a charizard before fighting misty and he would often not listen to me. I had to save all my ethers and elixers for the elite four and still had to finish off gary's last few pokemon with struggle. That was the only time where I overtrained my pokemon; did they change that after the first gen?

FaintDeftone

My Gamestop ran out of Mew too. Man they didn't organize this very well did they?

If anyone has a spare US code I would love you forever.

tiijj

My Gamestop ran out of Mew too. Man they didn't organize this very well did they?

If anyone has a spare US code I would love you forever.

Well the distribution was officially from Feb 1-24. It's good to go at the start of the distribution so that you don't ran out of codes.

Redd

They won't give out any through online chat at least.

Again, I am offering free Legend of Zelda + Super Mario Bros. (NES Wii U Virtual Console) codes in exchange for a Mew in North America.... PM please

I got one if you still need a code.

Just curious, was it always this way or was it that if you leveled a pokemon up past a certain level that you caught it wouldn't listen to you either?
I've been playing since rby but can't tell if it's just the show's charizard bleeding into my memories of the game

Top Bottom