• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

N3 first impressions

dante786

Banned
duckroll said:
It wasn't a gameplay video, it was to show off how CRAPPY the collision detection and how INFERIOR the game is to DW5E! Remember, N3 SUCKS, BUY DW5E INSTEAD! :D

Seriously man stop trying so hard, we get it...your friend didn't like the game, bad collision detection, etc. Why are you taking such maniacal pleasure in this, its just weird.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
duckroll said:
Thanks to Bebpo we have this :lolAWESOME:lol video of N3 for everyone!

http://namakoteam.com/junk/N3_gameend.zip

Notice some awesome key points:

- cheap hits you can't see
- complete shit collision detection, some parts of combos go through enemies entirely
- nonsense crowd control, you take hits from nowhere
- ultra-shit collision detection, big ass weapon goes THROUGH the BIG boss thing twice!
- lack of crowd noises
- quietest battlefield ever
Wtf. Reading your description I was expecting something dreadful, but while this video shows some issues I don't see anything *really* bad either. I'm now through the 6th level with Inphy, and I'm quite enjoying the game. Yes there are (many) issues, but the gameplay is pretty solid, if mindless. It's certainly quite different from Sengoku Musou, but it has some very epic moments
the battle against the dark elves (I think) with the dragons launching fireballs from the sky was awesome
My biggest complaints so far would be the lack of checkpoints through a level, the dreadful lip-sync, the pointless running through a level and the slowdowns during some cutscenes. I can understand some slowdowns when there are thousands of character of screen, but during a controlled cutscene I see no reason for that.

alumn

Banned
duckroll said:
Thanks to Bebpo we have this :lolAWESOME:lol video of N3 for everyone!

http://namakoteam.com/junk/N3_gameend.zip

Notice some awesome key points:

- complete shit collision detection, some parts of combos go through enemies entirely
- ultra-shit collision detection, big ass weapon goes THROUGH the BIG boss thing twice!
- lack of crowd noises
- quietest battlefield ever
alright,gtfo. Honestly what's this guys problem. I'm reading pages and pages of nothing but him trolling.

Wulfer

Duckroll making things sound worse than they really are for Xbox 360 what a shock. Seriously, did anybody not expect this from him come on...

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
okay, now - this is just getting plain retarded

i've just what the video.

death comes whilst there are (as i can count) 7 larger enemies surrounding following a head long rush into a crowd. Have a guess whats hitting you?

most of the demonstration of this is Bebpo slashing at your own collegues at the start and seeing your slices go straight through. Yes, you can't hit your own people - other than that, there is as far as i can see ONE collission issue in this entire vid and you have to REALLY look for it.

you made this point already - see point one - there are also other occassions when you have archers raining down on you too - but when i've been playing i can see where i'm taking hits from.

You made this point already - i can see it go through once, whilst it's already spinning back from a hit, the second hit connects. Yes, there is some issues with collission but generally, you CAN stand in a massive crowd and swing/slash and you'll hit almost every time - i'm NOT seeing this issue very often at all personally.

- lack of crowd noises
- quietest battlefield ever"

It's true - it should be noisier and more brutal sounding. Which is lacking - but aren't these the same points made twice - as above - i assume to make the game look twice as bad as it actually is? ;)

Seriously, why is there a big movement against this game ? the more i'm playing it, the more i'm liking it. At least play it first Duck! ;)

We've got a mixture of opinions here, Blim, Lyte, Ram, Me, and Sporsk - out of those, Sp0rsks isn't digging it (or wasn't at the start), Bebpo possitively hates it, and the rest of us don't think it's that bad. :/

I have a hard time understanding why you guys are listening to a couple hardcore JRPG gamers critique a mindless hack and slash action game?? Would you let a guy who loves classical music tell you to not go to a Metallica concert? Different strokes for different folks, this game is not perfect by any means but from grouping all impressions I've read it's no way lower than a 7 or 7.5. If it gets any lower than that there are some agendas/overblown expectations in play. God forbid these people go back and play some NES games either "all you can do is punch and kick! I was off screen and some pipe comes and hits me in the head! This River City Ransom game sucks!".

I know many casual gamers who love DW who will probably love this game.

To put this guy's trolling in perspective, let me put it this way: The reaction to this game on 2ch.net, basically the Japanese equivalent of GAF, is overall very positive. So Japanese gamers are disagreeing with this fellow. Yes that's right, Japanese gamers are digging an Xbox game, for probably the first time ever :)

http://game10.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1145811148/l50

夜王倒したのでこのゲームの感想かいてみる

アクション部分は最高。走り回って敵を腐るほど集めて
一気に処理する感覚はなんともたまらない。
レベルが上がると技もかっこよくなり楽しい。

システム部分はヤバイ。セーブ問題は解決し
リトライポイントを作るべし。あとおまけ要素が寂しい。

ストーリーは良い悪いではなく、説明が無さ杉

"Let me write some impressions now that I'm done slaying the Night Lord.

Action is superb. Running around annihilating hordes of enemies just can't be more fun. The game really gets better as you level up, the action gets "cooler" looking.

There are some flaws in the gameplay system - there are a lack of checkpoints. Also, bonus content kind of lacking.

Story is not really good or bad, just kind of unexplained"

The biggest difference seems to be that Japanese gamers are digging the characters, almost everyone loves Dingbat and of course lots of love for the female characters too

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Drinky Crow said:
buy dw5: empires

So how would you guys stack DW5: E vs. N3? I have been considering getting DW5 mainly because its $40 and I haven't played DW in a while(I loved part 2-4).

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
just as i was starting to like this game i got to bartfart troll mans second (or third?) stage.

you start out having to kill 200 guys which takes forever cause hes such a fucking spaz you cant hit anything with any sort of consistency. then a boss comes out and hes fucking SUPER POWERFUL. 2 or 3 hits will take you out and for some reason he can attack whenever he wants. It also takes forever to kill him cause landing a good succession of attacks is near impossible due to his spaztic nature and you do next to no damage thus making this guy hard as hell for absolutely no reason. fortunately you dont have to kill him you just have to get him down to a 3rd of life. after beating him though they take away all your troops and give you a SMALL health replenish which is next to worthless.

i hate this game i hate this game i hate this game i hate this game.

if you feel like youre being lied to by the gaf rpg elite conspiracy listen to me, someone who fucking LOVES dw. this game is BALL SACK

duckroll

IT IS NOT ALL FOR NAUGHT! WHILE IN MY DARKNESS HOUR HAVING FORSAKEN ALL MY DIGNITY AND HONOR TO SPREAD THE GOSPEL TRUTH, REJECTED BY FRIENDS AND ALLIES, MOCKED FOR MY BELIEFS, THERE COMES A SAVIOR! SPORSK HAS COME TO CONFIRM THE TRUTH OF TRUTHS!

:lol NINETY NINE NIGHTS DOES INDEED SUCK THE DONKEY'S COCK! :lol

duckroll

It's true! Even Haruhi agrees! Listen to her!

ninetyninenightssucksdonkeycock

:loln3sucks
1578725.gif
n3sucks:lol

MrSingh

sp0rsk said:
just as i was starting to like this game i got to bartfart troll mans second (or third?) stage.

you start out having to kill 200 guys which takes forever cause hes such a fucking spaz you cant hit anything with any sort of consistency. then a boss comes out and hes fucking SUPER POWERFUL. 2 or 3 hits will take you out and for some reason he can attack whenever he wants. It also takes forever to kill him cause landing a good succession of attacks is near impossible due to his spaztic nature and you do next to no damage thus making this guy hard as hell for absolutely no reason. fortunately you dont have to kill him you just have to get him down to a 3rd of life. after beating him though they take away all your troops and give you a SMALL health replenish which is next to worthless.

if you feel like youre being lied to by the gaf rpg elite conspiracy listen to me, someone who fucking LOVES dw. this game is BALL SACK

I had no problems with this level at all. First, make sure your orange combo meter is filled up before you approach the large crowd. Get the enemy horde to approach you, get into the middle of the horde and unleash your special attack and tack out as many enemies as you can -> collect blue energy. At this point your blue energy bar should be fully filled up. Unleash super duper attack. Watch as the entire horde disappears... The troll should be suffering some major hurt at this point. Finish off the troll with a few spinning combos.

Basically, it's important to have the attack meters filled up for taking on the big crowds.

One more thing, don't bother selecting foot soldiers for your army. Just go with the archers, they survive a whole lot better than the foot soldiers. In fact, I went with archers only in Level 4 and almost all the archers survived till the end of the level!

sprsk

YellowAce said:
I had no problems with this level at all. First, make sure your orange combo meter is filled up before you approach the large crowd. Get the enemy horde to approach you, get into the middle of the horde and unleash your special attack and tack out as many enemies as you can -> collect blue energy. At this point your blue energy bar should be fully filled up. Unleash super duper attack. Watch as the entire horde disappears... The troll should be suffering some major hurt at this point. Finish off the troll with a few spinning combos.

Basically, it's important to have the attack meters filled up for taking on the big crowds.

One more thing, don't bother selecting foot soldiers for your army. Just go with the archers, they survive a whole lot better than the foot soldiers. In fact, I went with archers only in Level 4 and almost all the archers survived till the end of the level!

we are talking about different stages

im talking about dingbats battle in the snow. as dingbat you dont get to pick your army

and unfortunately as dingbat while it is possible to save up your OD until that boss guy comes (the red one not the blue one of course) most of his bar is used up after the first attack and getting a decent hit onthe boss is next to impossible. Dingbats od fucking SUCKS cause he uses up some of his bar at the beginngin where hes like BROTHER IM SO EMO FOR YOU. and even though his stand in place attack is rather strong, you can only do it twice before your bar runs out unlike every other fucking character.

Jonnyram

I just opened up Dwingvatt's campaign so I'll be able to check this out tonight and give you some tips :p
Myifee's last mission was fucking awesome though. Good god, the carnage.

duckroll said:

1578725.gif

:lol

duckroll said:

1578725.gif

<cue respectful golf clap>

qcf x2

sp0rsk said:

I know games are getting ridiculously easy these days, but is it official? Difficult = Bad?

What is the world coming to?

Sooo..... (Probably a futile attempt to steer the discussion away from random 360 bashing here, but let's give it a shot.)

Is N3 pretty much a straight Dynasty Warriors clone or does it mix in RTS elements like the Kingdom Under Fire games?

MoxManiac

Kastrioti said:
So how would you guys stack DW5: E vs. N3? I have been considering getting DW5 mainly because its $40 and I haven't played DW in a while(I loved part 2-4).

What do you want? Awesome gameplay but shitty graphics? (shitty for 360 standards, fine for PS2)

DW5:E!

Want pretty graphics but shit gameplay?

N3!

sprsk

qcf x2 said:
I know games are getting ridiculously easy these days, but is it official? Difficult = Bad?

What is the world coming to?

its not an issue of being difficult its the game just not working.

i had no problem with dmc3 or ngs difficulty. This game is just broken.

sprsk

Jonnyram said:
I just opened up Dwingvatt's campaign so I'll be able to check this out tonight and give you some tips :p
Myifee's last mission was fucking awesome though. Good god, the carnage.

yeah i actually rather liked myifees campaign.

edit and no there are no rts elements

Watched the posted vid

...I guess I just have modest expectations but from what I've both read about - impressions and such - and seen, this game looks great to me! Both from an artistic and visual standpoint. It also looks fun to play too. People need to stop being such elitest fucking snobs and just enjoy something for what it is....

duckroll

AgentOtaku said:
Watched the posted vid

...I guess I just have modest expectations but from what I've both read about - impressions and such - and seen, this game looks great to me! Both from an artistic and visual standpoint. It also looks fun to play too. People need to stop being such elitest fucking snobs and just enjoy something for what it is....

So having expectations of a BIG BUDGET NEXT-GEN game being BETTER than currently available games in the same genre or at least COMPARABLE is considered ELITIST FUCKING SNOBS now? OKAY MY FRIEND HAVE FUN PLAYING WITH YOUR POO IN THE TOILET, AT LEAST THAT'S FREE! :lol

IF YOU DON'T LIKE PLAYING WITH POO YOU'RE AN ELITIST FUCKING SNOB, WHY CAN'T YOU JUST ENJOY WHAT NATURE GAVE YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

duckroll said:
So having expectations of a BIG BUDGET NEXT-GEN game being BETTER than currently available games in the same genre or at least COMPARABLE is considered ELITIST FUCKING SNOBS now? OKAY MY FRIEND HAVE FUN PLAYING WITH YOUR POO IN THE TOILET, AT LEAST THAT'S FREE! :lol

IF YOU DON'T LIKE PLAYING WITH POO YOU'RE AN ELITIST FUCKING SNOB, WHY CAN'T YOU JUST ENJOY WHAT NATURE GAVE YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

....you truly are a genuis and deserve to transcend to something greater than the audience of us meager GAFers

...I mean really....

....fucking loser :lol

duckroll

Yay! Personal insults FTW! I love GAF, I insult a game, and you insult me! WOOOOO! YEEEAAHHHH BABY!!!!

Edit: Blimblim, stop the damage control. The game SUCKS! You'll only EMBARASS yourself when the TRUTH IS OUT! :lol :lol :lol :lol

AgentOtaku said:

I tooled around with the demo while i was in Tokyo, was enjoyable enough to warrent a second look. Now, if only they would stick that demo on XBLM :(

Wulfer

Duck, your still here? I would have thought you would have been laughed out of this thread by now... Scared the game gonna sale in Japan are we? Anyway you've been warned time and time again the PS3 games at E3 won't look much better if at all than the 360 this year. You better be praying those insiders that have been saying this are wrong because the Gates of Oblivion are gonna open up on your ass during E3 if those games don't show this massive improvement and this thread is one the nails to your coffin....

duckroll

WULFER said:
Duck, your still here? I would have thought you would have been laughed out of this thread by now... Scared the game gonna sale in Japan are we? Anyway you've been warned time and time again the PS3 games at E3 won't look much better if at all than the 360 this year. You better be praying those insiders that have been saying this are wrong because the Gates of Oblivion are gonna open up on your ass during E3 if those games don't show this massive improvement and this thread is one the nails to your coffin....

Huh?! I'm really confused. Are you mistaking me for someone else? :p

The only thing we're MOCKING here is N3, and how it SUCKS. Keep your stupid console-wars out of this thread. If this game was on the PS3, I would be posting photoshops of Kutaragi HANGING himself! :p

duckroll said:
Huh?! I'm really confused. Are you mistaking me for someone else? :p

The only thing we're MOCKING here is N3, and how it SUCKS. Keep your stupid console-wars out of this thread. If this game was on the PS3, I would be posting photoshops of Kutaragi HANGING himself! :p

Did you just tell him not to go off topic?

Wulfer

Hanging himself oh come on you love the guy... If it wasn't a 360 game you wouldn't be harping on this half as much. Lets lay off the denial shall we.

duckroll

Scalemail Ted said:
Did you just tell him not to go off topic?

Yes, the topic of N3 being a terrible game is VERY IMPORTANT!

Here are some quotes from Japanese consumers interviewed about it yesterday evening:

- "N3 killed my cat, I had the cat for 14 years and loved her, this is the worst game ever.

- "When I heard Mizuguchi's name I thought this would be a music action game with great rhythm, having wasted all my yen on this crap I want to kill myself now."

- "I bought N3, but it doesn't work on my PS2, I tried to resell it but I was chased out of the store. :("

- "I was shopping for a DS and some Brain Training games with my daughter when a big stack of unsold N3 cases fell on her, she's now in hospital now. I hate N3."

- "I wanted to exchange N3 for DW5 Empires but the store wouldn't let me, so I pushed down the entire stack of unsold N3s! I hope Miz dies!"

As you can see the evidence is overwhelming, N3 BLOWS!

WULFER said:
Hanging himself oh come on you love the guy... If it wasn't a 360 game you wouldn't be harping on this half as much. Lets lay off the denial shall we.

..... What makes you say that? (Seriously... This is probably the only serious thing in the entire thread)

DCharlie

not quite...
you'd be posting a picture of a well hung Kutaragi.... with you lapping at his salty balls
;)

Once you start slagging off a game based on someone elses appraisal, it's all over bar the bending over and the wearing of the sony pinny.

duckroll

DCharlie said:
not quite...
you'd be posting a picture of a well hung Kutaragi.... with you lapping at his salty balls
;)

Once you start slagging off a game based on someone elses appraisal, it's all over bar the bending over and the wearing of the sony pinny.

Why must everything be about Sony? What if I'm doing this because Phantagram is Korean? Why can't I be racist instead?

Aryuken

Banned
What the fu** is wrong with this guy "DuckRoll"?

Seriouslly man, you have some issues you need to take care off. And know what's sad? N3 is crappy....but still better than Dw....wich is a testament to how crappy DW is. Because it IS really crappy.

DCharlie

Why must everything be about Sony? What if I'm doing this because Phantagram is Korean? Why can't I be racist instead?

because that would be a filthy lie and you know it! ;)

duckroll

Aryuken said:
Seriouslly man, you have some issues you need to take care off. And know what's sad? N3 is crappy....but still better than Dw....wich is a testament to how crappy DW is. Because it IS really crappy.

If you think N3 is better than DW5EMPIRES(COPYRIGHT2006KOEI) then YOU are the one with issues. You can take care of them by buying DW5EMPIRES NOW!

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-br-77-2-49-en-15-sangoku+musou-70-166g.html

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...3/102-7441899-4122569?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance

DCharlie said:
because that would be a filthy lie and you know it! ;)

It's not. I really am racist. I fucking hate Korean crap. They suck. :p

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Aryuken said:
What the fu** is wrong with this guy "DuckRoll"?

:lol junior member alright.

Top Bottom