• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN PAX 2014 Sale (Transistor, Child of Light, Beyond Two Souls, Pixeljunk, more)

Shinta

Banned
Is Prototype worth it? I've always been a bit curious about it.

Not sure if I'd enjoy it after playing Second Son.

It's a fun, mind numbing game. I enjoyed it enough though I'm not sure if I'd pay even 10 bucks for it. If you're looking for a good time waster, it's alright.

Does anyone know if Sly runs well on the Vita?

nexen

I want to buy the Sly Cooper collection for Vita...but 6.1gb? Is that accurate? My memcard is already full.

thematic

just got Graces, not bad since physical copy in my country still @ $25-$30
now waiting 7GB download.. ugh if only my internet faster :(

hopefully next sale will be Xillia & Xillia 2 :p

just got Graces, not bad since physical copy in my country still @ $25-$30
now waiting 7GB download.. ugh if only my internet faster :(

hopefully next sale will be Xillia & Xillia 2 :p

Xillia is on sale often, as is Tales of Symphonia so it shouldn't be long before they come around again.

esterk

Paid $60 when it came out, didn't regret it. The story is awful, but it's a pretty fun open world game. Some great powers and such in it.

Should I buy the Sly Collection for Vita? I am only buying it for Sly 3 (already own a disc copy of sly collection for PS3, and would rather play sly 3 on Vita).

Seriously, I would only be buying it for sly 3. Is it worth it?

Kinsei

Banned
ugh. But you need to have all three downloaded at the same time, right?

No you don't. I just bought the Sly Collection and I'm currently only downloading the first game.

Should I buy the Sly Collection for Vita? I am only buying it for Sly 3 (already own a disc copy of sly collection for PS3, and would rather play sly 3 on Vita).

Seriously, I would only be buying it for sly 3. Is it worth it?

While not as good as Sly 2, Sly 3 is still great. It's easily worth $10

KyleCross

One of the worst games I ever played. Bulk of the game involves you having to safeguard shit as the game throws everything at it. Terrible game design.

Running up buildings is fun, but you can get that elsewhere.

EDIT: OH, the sale is on Prototype 2. I was talking about the first one. Dunno about 2.

Darknight

What the fuck I cant buy the Sly PS3 collection...I think its because I dl the PS+ a while back and the store thinks I own 1 of the 3 so it wont let me purchase the bundle...FUCK!!!

Flandy

Is Starhawk worth it for single player modes?

If you've had PS+ for a few years you might already have it. They gave away the single player portion only as a bonus in late 2012. Single player listing is separate from the main one. Check the link below to see if you have it.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...aign/cid=UP9000-NPUA80812_00-STARHAWKSPPKG001

Why is the Sly Collection unavailable on PS3? Is it because you can buy the separately?

You might have downloaded the 1 hour trial. I believe you need to finish the trial in order to purchase it.

One of the worst games I ever played. Bulk of the game involves you having to safeguard shit as the game throws everything at it. Terrible game design.

Running up buildings is fun, but you can get that elsewhere.

EDIT: OH, the sale is on Prototype 2. I was talking about the first one. Dunno about 2.

The second game is essentially the same thing as the first with a different story and MC

SerTapTap

What the fuck I cant buy the Sly PS3 collection...I think its because I dl the PS+ a while back and the store thinks I own 1 of the 3 so it wont let me purchase the bundle...FUCK!!!

Steam does this too (or it did last I tried)...even if the bundle is cheaper than individually buying the items. It's BS.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Steam does this too (or it did last I tried)...even if the bundle is cheaper than individually buying the items. It's BS.

Weird, Steam never gives me problems with bundles. I bought that 39 cent Tropico 4 bundle even though I owned the main game, lol

Khronico

Was gonna get Graces and DW7 but decided on just getting DW7. I already have 3 50-100 hours JRPGs on my plate, don't have enough time for another atm.

Doesn't give me an add to cart option for Bioshock 2 Ultimate Edition. Tales of Graces f for $10. So tempting.
Sony offered Sly 1 as a free game, so the Sly collection isn't available to me.
Revelations for $10. Hmmmmm.

jediyoshi

Nope, would have been some other combination of circumstances. There aren't Steam wide locks that prevent you from buying something bundled containing something you already own.

It has only been out for 3ish months. Did it do so poorly that it'll land on PS+ in the near future?

Towerfall and Strider both appeared pretty fast on PS+, so it's not unheard of.

Anyways, bought DW7 and Tales of Graces. Still debating on whether or not I should get Sly for Vita. Worried that it's a mess like God of War.

Lucent

It has only been out for 3ish months. Did it do so poorly that it'll land on PS+ in the near future?

Anyways, bought DW7 and Tales of Graces. Still debating on whether or not I should get Sly for Vita. Worried that it's a mess like God of War.

Yeah. It's more that it's been awhile and I don't think they're going to give away any retail/full-price games anytime soon. Either we get new digital only games and/or ones that have been out for a bit. Wasn't saying it didn't do well. It's just how I do things with PS+. I get a game or two a month maybe and anything I don't buy I just wait for it to hit PS+ or get a really good sale price. That way I'm not buying everything and going "aw man. I already had this month's PS+ games", which is what a lot of people seem to do. Especially on the PlayStation blog.

Hubb

That is why I wasn't sure if it did well or not. I have a hard time believing a game that does well goes on PS+ 4 months after release. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it happened though.

It's just how I do things with PS+. I get a game or two a month maybe and anything I don't buy I just wait for it to hit PS+ or get a really good sale price. That way I'm not buying everything and going "aw man. I already had this month's PS+ games", which is what a lot of people seem to do. Especially on the PlayStation blog.

Yeah pretty much the same way with me. I either wait for a really good PS+ sale or get it free. There are too many games out as is.

rezn0r

stupid question alert, I think I grabbed the Sly collection trial and then never touched it. now the store says unavailable. is there anything that can be done besides downloading it and letting it run until the time is up and then hope the flash sale isn't over by the time i get back?

yes i realize 'buying' a trial and not touching it is stupid. wasn't expecting to really care.

edit: yeah it was Sly 1 & Sly 2 trials, both 5-6GB, F-me. trying to free up space now and letting them download while I'm out to dinner

Should I get GoW ad Sly Cooper collections?

I've only played the first Sly cooper for about 3 hours and I liked what I played of Thieves in Time and I never played any GoW games.

khaaan

I bought the physical version of Sly Cooper. Sly 1 + 2 were on the card while 3 was a download voucher. I just checked and Sly 3 is 2829 MB and if the download on PSN is 6.2GB for the whole collection then Sly 1 + 2 will be about 3.4 gigs.

Top Bottom