• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NA] Sept PS+ Update (ICO, Rayman Origins, Galaga Legions, RE Chronicles, GTA:LCS)

bebop242

cool update. Already have Ico collection but a digital copy of Ico is welcome. Hyped for Rayman and yay for no psp fighers!

Daingurse

wowowwowo! I should really get a Vita now.

tumblr_mpwk594d2y1sqyje7o1_500.gif

Yes, yes you should.

Tapejara

Good month for me. Looking to sink my teeth into the Resident Evil Chronicles. Not a fan of the series but I do love rail shooters.

androvsky

So...first time I'm interested in a PSP game... You can't play it on the PS3 right? You absolutely need a PSP or Vita?

There's a rapidly improving emulator for PC and high-end Android devices called PPSSPP, but if you want an officially supported platform, you're stuck with either PSP or Vita.

TheGamer

Great update. Although, I already got the Platinum trophy in ICO HD, it's a great game. But I can't wait to play Rayman Origins for the Vita.

This is not an advantage to everyone. I find the you-must-own-it-forever situation imposed by digital-only media to be a kind of consumer slavery.

Why though? I mean, $6 for a digital version of a game sounds pretty sweet to me. I understand that you can't resell it, but you get the advantage of convenience (no cards/cds/etc) plus cheaper price. Seems like a good tradeoff to me. Seems a little extreme to call getting Rayman Origins for $6 consumer slavery, but I guess thisisneogaf.gif, afterall.

CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME!

Ico is in this month's PSN+ roster because The Last Guardian is about to be revealed again @ TGS 2013 (less than a month from now).

BELIEVE!

thefro

ICO and Galaga Legions for me I guess.

Already played RE on Wii and don't have a move. Have Rayman Origins on PC (and don't have a Vita).

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Good update, but not for me. Already own Ico and Rayman. Can the RE games be played without a Move?

halfbeast

Banned
already own the ones I'm interested in. so, nothing for me really. but I hope it'll have some great sales, I think this month was pretty good. wouldn't mind getting those old trophy-less psn titles for 2+ bucks!

edit: whoa, wait a sec, it's just ICO? not both (games from the hd collection)? didn't the EU PSN get both 2 months ago?

Paskil

Aww man, super bummed out. I was so close to having the complete collection of fighting games released on PSP. Bad show, Sony.
/s

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Glad I bought Origins for the PS3 and skipped the Vita version. Everything else Seems fine too, though I can't say I'm all that interested in being caught playing Galaga.

Mumford

Around when do the games switch out? I'm looking to get PS+ in the next day or two & would like to get the ones currently on the store.

balohna

I have a PS2 copy of Ico but never finished it. Also have a barely-used Move, might try out REC at least.

I recall hearing this Galaga game is kinda meh, but worth a shot.

I don't own a Vita, but I will probably have one someday and I have yet to play Rayman Origins so I guess I'll just wait until I have one to play it for free.

Tapejara

Bullza2o

Great month for PS+ owners, especially for Vita owners!

I've only played the demo of Rayman Origins and never played the PSP GTA games, so this should be interesting. My Vita backlog is getting even bigger even without buying games for it.

GeoramA

RE Chronicles is a very nice freebie. 2 games in one and a reason to bust out my Move!

Also excited for Rayman Vita. Been waiting forever for that to become a freebie.

Dingotech

You just had Rayman Origins on sale you Jerks!!!

Grrrrrr

Ok I get the message. I won't buy any more games. No need to really.

Sky Chief

Wow! I have Ico but other than that I have wanted to buy all of these games and for some reason never pulled the trigger. Amazing month!

I'd love to replay LCS on the Vita.

Same here. I do wish there was an easy way/something they could easily implement to add trophies to PSP games though. The trophy whore in me would get a massive kick out of that even though I hardly specifically try for them.

This is why I love PS+. Even if you technically never fully own the game, it's still free games. And they are WAY more recent and relevant games too than Games for Gold.

Wow, amazing month for Vita! Was considering buying Rayman earlier this week, glad to have waited and GTA will be a fun pick up. PS+ paying for itself.

Top Bottom