• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naked man killed by Police in Miami after he was eating face off another victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avocado

A Miami man shot dead by police as he chewed the face off a homeless person only had marijuana in his system, a coroner has found. A police union official speculated at the time that Rudy Eugene, 31, had been under the influence of a category of street drugs known as "bath salts". After stripping naked, Eugene attacked Ronald Poppo on a causeway in May. Toxicology results found no alcohol, prescription drugs or adulterants often mixed with street drugs in his body.

An outside forensic toxicology lab also looked at the results and came up negative for bath salts, synthetic marijuana and LSD. "Within the limits of current technology by both laboratories, marijuana is the only drug identified in the body of Mr Rudy Eugene," the Miami medical examiner's office said in a statement.

Armando Aguilar, of Miami's Fraternal Order of Police, told a CNN affiliate at the time he believed the suspect could have taken a type of drug known as bath salts, citing four past overdoses in the Miami area where people had also removed their clothes and gone berserk. Eugene's family told the Associated Press that he was not violent and did not drink or do drugs other than marijuana. "There's no answer for it, not really," Eugene's younger brother, Marckenson Charles, said. "Anybody who knew him knows this wasn't the person we knew him to be. Whatever triggered him, there is no answer for this."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18620868

Oh no, now marijuana cannot become legal. There is a clear danger of people eating eachothers faces if we legalize it.

A Miami man shot dead by police as he chewed the face off a homeless person only had marijuana in his system, a coroner has found. A police union official speculated at the time that Rudy Eugene, 31, had been under the influence of a category of street drugs known as "bath salts". After stripping naked, Eugene attacked Ronald Poppo on a causeway in May. Toxicology results found no alcohol, prescription drugs or adulterants often mixed with street drugs in his body.

An outside forensic toxicology lab also looked at the results and came up negative for bath salts, synthetic marijuana and LSD. "Within the limits of current technology by both laboratories, marijuana is the only drug identified in the body of Mr Rudy Eugene," the Miami medical examiner's office said in a statement.

Armando Aguilar, of Miami's Fraternal Order of Police, told a CNN affiliate at the time he believed the suspect could have taken a type of drug known as bath salts, citing four past overdoses in the Miami area where people had also removed their clothes and gone berserk. Eugene's family told the Associated Press that he was not violent and did not drink or do drugs other than marijuana. "There's no answer for it, not really," Eugene's younger brother, Marckenson Charles, said. "Anybody who knew him knows this wasn't the person we knew him to be. Whatever triggered him, there is no answer for this."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18620868

Is any or all of the stuff in these legal highs going to show up in a toxicology report? There's so much synthetic shit in these how can even know what they're looking for?

I was never sure why he was shot. Are teeth an offensive weapon in the US? I wonder what would have happened here in the UK? Would the SCO 19 Armed Response Unit have been called out?
I guess as he didn't stop when told to he was shot. Was no non-lethal device used like pepper spray, Taser or baton used? Oh well, that's what guns are for I guess.

Subprime

True art cannot be rated

image.php

hirokazu

I was never sure why he was shot. Are teeth an offensive weapon in the US? I wonder what would have happened here in the UK? Would the SCO 19 Armed Response Unit have been called out?
I guess as he didn't stop when told to he was shot. Was no non-lethal device used like pepper spray, Taser or baton used? Oh well, that's what guns are for I guess.

Life and death situation bro. Decisions must be made.

as the above poster stated, he actually could have killed the man, its exceedingly abnormal behavior, "putting him down" was probably how they looked at it, especially after the other shots did nothing.

as the above poster stated, he actually could have killed the man, its exceedingly abnormal behavior, "putting him down" was probably how they looked at it, especially after the other shots did nothing.
Yeah, I guessed that. It's just that in countries where the Police aren't armed they'd have to use another option. It just seems too simple a solution. Still, for the victim help couldn't have come fast enough. Has the victim recovered? Has he shed some light on what happened?

Xun

I'm just glad this face eating drug will remain illegal.

The guy must've had some really fucked up mental issues, or something else in his system.

Mully

I haven't kept up with this story, but after hearing about the toxicology report, I feel really confused by all of this. The THC amounts were trace and there were no other drugs in his system. Could he have had a mental breakdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom