• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai "Level up" [Tekken CG Movie, Soul Calibur 5]

8inlU.jpg

Namco Bandai "Level Up" Press Conference

· When is it?
Medinat conference center in Dubai in less than 11 hours from this post. That is Wednesday 11th, Tuesday on the Pacific coast. There'll be press sessions for the entire day as well.

· I mean what time exactly...
BST 6:30 am
CET 7:30 am
Local time in Dubai 9:30 am
EST 1:30 am
PST 10:30 pm (Tuesday 10th)

· Countdown (thanks to miladesn)
t1305091800z4.png

· Liveblogs?
VG247

· What to expect?
General look at Namco Bandai games portfolio for the next year. Including or not:
- Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
- Dark Souls
- Ridge Racer: Unbounded
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- New Soul Calibur
- New Dragon Ball
- Tales of the Abyss & Tales of Graces f
- Inversion
- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
- Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon
- Armored Core V
- Tekken vs Street Fighter

· Will it top or come close to Konami E3 conference?
Unlikely.

ezekial45

Banned
- Soul Calibur
- Dark Souls
- Dragon Ball Z (Last one i played was the original Budokai)
- Tales games
- T vs SF

Looks like a really solid lineup.

KTOOOOOOM said:
It's not really home to Namco Bandai, nor is it home to any real gaming press to speak of. It's not particularly convenient for anyone, and since it's just a press conference, everyone's just going to be there for 36 hours at the very most; not enough time to actually enjoy the city.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dark Souls is the only thing of interest to me. Just give me a release date for that.

ShockingAlberto said:
There are very few cities in the world that symbolize Namco better than Dubai.
Indeed, how fitting.

It would seem that they have trouble even bringing their conferences stateside.

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Hmm, 6:30am UK time. Have a bit of an early start tomorrow so it looks like I'll get up a bit earlier than that and follow this :)

Damn that's early. I'll just expect some Tales news when I wake up.

badcrumble said:
Why on earth would you do this in Dubai apart from having a nice hotel to stay in the night before the presser?
Dubai is like, the Las Vegas of the Middle East. I hear it's awesome (if you have the money.)

Probably it was decided it was a good central location for US, Euro and Japanese journalists.

KTOOOOOOM

Neo Member
badcrumble said:
It's not really home to Namco Bandai, nor is it home to any real gaming press to speak of. It's not particularly convenient for anyone, and since it's just a press conference, everyone's just going to be there for 36 hours at the very most; not enough time to actually enjoy the city.
i disagree

Londa

Banned
If there are interviews, someone needs to ask them how big Voldo is. They released a chart on the girls. Let us girls get a chart on the guys. XD!!

KTOOOOOOM said:
have you ever been to Dubai?
I'm well aware that Dubai is extremely fucking fun (if you can afford it). That's not a reason to host an hourlong presser there. If it were a full E3-style conference? That'd make sense. People would be sticking around for days for that sort of thing. For a press conference? No. The journalists will be going back home. Maybe one or two Namco-Bandai execs have planned their vacations around this and will be staying in Dubai for the week following the presser or something.

Takao

Banned
badcrumble said:
I'm well aware that Dubai is extremely fucking fun (if you can afford it). That's not a reason to host an hourlong presser there. If it were a full E3-style conference? That'd make sense. People would be sticking around for days for that sort of thing. For a press conference? No. The journalists will be going back home. Maybe one or two Namco-Bandai execs have planned their vacations around this and will be staying in Dubai for the week following the presser or something.

Last year was in Barcelona, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they have hands on sessions for journalists to check out the new games that week? I recall it being more than just a presser.

KTOOOOOOM

Neo Member
badcrumble said:
so you are saying there is no gaming journalists in the middle east

Takao said:
Last year was in Barcelona, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they have hands on sessions for journalists to check out the new games that week? I recall it being more than just a presser.
There's an actual gaming press in Europe, though, so Barcelona makes sense. You go to the press or have them come to you; you don't meet them somewhere out of the way that isn't even a halfway point between you, even if it is extremely fun as a destination.
KTOOOOOOM said:
so you are saying there is no gaming journalists in the middle east
I'm not saying there aren't any gaming journalist in the Middle East. I'm saying that there aren't enough to matter. And before you accuse me of it, I'm not insulting Middle Eastern journalism; Al Jazeera is quite probably the world's highest-quality 24-hour news network. But it's generally got more important things to address than video games.

webrunner

Maybe they're going so they can also talk to the board of international Neurotoxin Observers. :wheatley:

Seriously though, Namco/Bandai->Dubai is an odd combo. if it was 2K I could understand it.

Takao said:
Would be swell if D3 announced localizations for White Knight Chronicle PSP, and EDF2 Portable.

Yeah, I agree that I'd love to see a US/UK release for EDF2. WKC PSP is coming out in Europe so if it doesn't get a US release there's always the option to import.

KTOOOOOOM said:
his opinion

but i agree with your tag
What the fuck are you talking about? No one thinks ill of the city. Just that it's strange to hold a gaming conference there. And well since you didnt provide reasons to the contray I guess his opinion is right.

Is having an event in Dubai that much stranger than having one in Monte Carlo like Capcom did in 09? Capcom paid for the journalists to fly out there.

KTOOOOOOM

Neo Member
Rahxephon91 said:
What the fuck are you talking about? No one thinks ill of the city. Just that it's strange to hold a gaming conference there. And well since you didnt provide reasons to the contray I guess his opinion is right.
he never talked ill of the city and please lower your guns i disagreed with his opinion of the location and i see it as the better location for any event because millions of people around the world go there. again this is my opinion.

P.S i am not from Dubai

Top Bottom