• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco developing Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life for 3DS, bundle incoming (what)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Game looks nice and interesting.This looks like an Animal Crossing X Disney X RPG.If it will be marketed properly it can achieve big things in Japan.

Damn Nintendo why is 3DS region-locked?

I'm pretty sure the Disney game is going to come out in the US and EU.

serplux

Some Disney-themed DS games never arrived in the West, such as Motto! Stitch! DS: Rhythm de Rakugaki Daisakusen ♪ and Winnie the Pooh’s Hundred Acre Woods Cooking Book.

This one does seem like it has a fairly large production value, and it definitely has potential, so I can't imagine they'd let it languish in Japan. Perhaps it will be a holiday title here.

big youth

New Leaf came out about 4 months ago? so Magic Castle was obviously in the works before that, but has probably been expedited after seeing New Leaf's phenomenal sales. it looks to have huge sales potential in Japan, and because of the familiar characters, the music, and the battling I'd be inclined to buy this over Animal Crossing.

Confirmed Characters:

-Mickey Mouse
-Minnie Mouse
-Piglett
-Winnie the Pooh
-The Mad Hatter
-Genie
-Alice
-Pluto
-Rabbit
-The White Rabbit
-Goofy
-Aladdin
-Cinderella
-Tigger
-Donald Duck
-Daisey
-Chip
-Dale
-Stich
-Jasime
-The Chesire Cat
-The March Hare
-Scrooge McDuck
-Hewie
-Dewey
-Louie
-Prince Charming (Cinderella)
-Eyeore

28 in total.

BriBri

Confirmed Characters:

-Mickey Mouse
-Minnie Mouse
-Piglett
-Winnie the Pooh
-The Mad Hatter
-Genie
-Alice
-Pluto
-Rabbit
-The White Rabbit
-Goofy
-Aladdin
-Cinderella
-Tigger
-Donald Duck
-Daisey
-Chip
-Dale
-Stich
-Jasime
-The Chesire Cat
-The March Hare
-Scrooge McDuck
-Hewie
-Dewey
-Louie
-Eyeore

28 in total.
Oh no. No King Louie? :(

massoluk

Banned
Confirmed Characters:

-Mickey Mouse
-Minnie Mouse
-Piglett
-Winnie the Pooh
-The Mad Hatter
-Genie
-Alice
-Pluto
-Rabbit
-The White Rabbit
-Goofy
-Aladdin
-Cinderella
-Tigger
-Donald Duck
-Daisey
-Chip
-Dale
-Stich
-Jasime
-The Chesire Cat
-The March Hare
-Scrooge McDuck
-Hewie
-Dewey
-Louie
-Eyeore

28 in total.

No hottest woman in Disneyverse, Princess Aurora. No sale.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Confirmed Characters:

-Mickey Mouse
-Minnie Mouse
-Piglett
-Winnie the Pooh
-The Mad Hatter
-Genie
-Alice
-Pluto
-Rabbit
-The White Rabbit
-Goofy
-Aladdin
-Cinderella
-Tigger
-Donald Duck
-Daisey
-Chip
-Dale
-Stich
-Jasime
-The Chesire Cat
-The March Hare
-Scrooge McDuck
-Hewie
-Dewey
-Louie
-Eyeore

28 in total.

Much better selection than Disney Infinity's lineup, that's for sure.

Endless

OiJzatA.jpg

07-disney-magic-castle-my-happy-life-6.jpg

POOOOOH! :D There will be 80 Disney characters, please include movies!

Looks GREAT graphically! I wonder if it's in-house at Namco Bandai or outsourced, maybe to tri-Crecendo or something?

rjc571

Banned
07-disney-magic-castle-my-happy-life-6.jpg

POOOOOH! :D There will be 80 Disney characters, please include movies!

Looks GREAT graphically! I wonder if it's in-house at Namco Bandai or outsourced, maybe to tri-Crecendo or something?

The actual gameplay graphics look terrible. It seems like they're pulling off some sort of Gran Turismo-esque BS photo mode (you can see it in action in the trailer).

watershed

Banned
Wow this game looks like its got everything in it. A bit of a Disney x Fantasy Life thing going on. Looks like it could actually be huge and become a 3rd party breakout title for the 3ds. If this were to come stateside I would definitely be intrigued...

I assume you can, but I hope you can play as a Male Mii, it looks extremely catered to Girl Miis, I mean I don't know if I want to go around with my Mii in a dress, then again, my Mii is wearing the Princess Goldilocks hair in Mii Plaza and looks fabulous, so why am I complaining?! XD

The trailer does a good job of saying, "if you are a boy, FUCK YOU!" Good job there Namco. SMH.

The disney character models look really impressive.

BTW Another Disney thing, another no Hercules references. makes me really sad.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I'll buy it... :) Because I'm a sucker for all things Disney and Animal Crossing.

FoneBone

Wow, those Disney character models look great. A bit out of place side-by-side with the Mii-like characters, though.

Some Disney-themed DS games never arrived in the West, such as Motto! Stitch! DS: Rhythm de Rakugaki Daisakusen ♪ and Winnie the Pooh’s Hundred Acre Woods Cooking Book.

That got localized, at least in the US.

EDIT: Wait, Motto! Stitch! was the sequel to Stitch Jam? Guess not, then.

As an Animal Crossing fan and unabashed Disneyland lover I am really really intrigued.

Hope for awesome versions of the attractions (rides) in this game somehow

zroid

Banned
ummmmm...

also it seems more like a Tomodachi Collection than an Animal Crossing clone

edit: wait, it has combat? lol

Piers

Gotta love that obligatory 'welcome' pose Mickey does 80% time in Disneyland.
It's asking a lot, but I sort of wish they'd configure Mickey in a way that his mouth and ears face the camera akin to his 2D artwork, like they did with Sonic recently. Having his mouth in front always feels weird and in Kingdom Hearts, he's stuck in a perpetual smile.

The game looks nice even if I'm not its target audience. Feel more excited for it than Disney Infinity, actually.

Top Bottom