• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco High – Browser Based Dating Sim

Parfait

DuJ6I.gif

But I like it!

Odrion

Banned
I feel that we need to emphasis that the Homestuck guy is working on this, just to increase the bizarre level even further.

(Does Namco have any crippled characters?)

What's Homestuck?

It's a semi-dramatic, semi-comedic webcomic that heavily parodies adventure games. It's fun. And really long and overly (purposefully) complex and self-aware.

It's also inexplicably popular among the sorts of 13-17 year old social outcasts who tend to be super obnoxious and creepy about the things they like, creating a sort of echo chamber of creepiness that turns off a lot of people.

K.Sabot

Time to go back and read the only good thing he's ever done.

That would be the Wizardology edit of course.

Oh my god it's so hard to find now.

I'm...personally okay with this. Not over-the-top hyped or downright displeased, but...okay. Honestly, my only thought right now regarding this is; thank God Sega didn't come up with this idea. We all know how that would have went down.

GooeyHeat

Best you just leave it at that.

Seriously, the fandom... If you think furries, sanic, and ponies are creepy, then this one is on another level.
Hey, at least Homestuck has humans and humanoid characters. :p

(Most Homestuck fans aren't that creepy, just really fucking annoying.)
(I still kind of like the comic, though.)

Videoneon

thank God Sega didn't come up with this idea. We all know how that would have went down.

Daww. This is proof that if God exists he hates us, because Sega would've been hilarious. With Sonic and Sakura Wars just to start with this would be deranged and awesome.

still wouldn't buy it

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hey, at least Homestuck has humans and humanoid characters. :p

(Most Homestuck fans aren't that creepy, just really fucking annoying.)
(I still kind of like the comic, though.)

I recall homestuck having an anthro wolf

Also in the internet annoying = creepy

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
My body is actually ready for this.

If there's Idolmasters involved, dibs on Iori & Takane.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What's the point of another Namco based dating sim when all the Namco waifus are in the iDOLM@STER? Just release that game instead Namco.

Though I suppose there is that one person who has The King of all Cosmos as their hunbando.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Heads will roll if they try to pair mai waifu with a man
that's not me.

Jamie OD

Weird idea but I like it. Could be something nice and goofy to play if I ever get burned out from other games. Then again I don't know anything about Homestuck so I don't know what to expect from the guy behind it.

Fandangox

Before I would have been exited at the hilarity of Hussie writing a Namco dating sim, but now I am not sure right now if I want to see Hussie writing more romance stuff, even if its meant to be funny either way.

Weird idea but I like it. Could be something nice and goofy to play if I ever get burned out from other games. Then again I don't know anything about Homestuck so I don't know what to expect from the guy behind it.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004395

mclem

Man should I take Mappy or Mr Driller to the prom.

Mr Driller, man. Mr Driller. I'm not even sure why you're asking this question.

If this is taken with the levity it deserves, it could be fantastic. If played seriously, not interested.

explodet

I'll bet you all forgot about this! It's still a thing.
http://namcohigh.com/

From the creator of Homestuck, Andrew Hussie, and the worlds largest game maker, NAMCO BANDAI Games, comes an all new gaming experience; NAMCO HIGH. As a cousin to the Prince from Katamari Damacy you will meet total strangers with nothing in common, but before it is all over you'll break rules, bare your soul, and touch each other in ways you never dreamed.

img_students_01.jpg

img_students_02.jpg

img_students_03.jpg

img_students_04.jpg

img_students_05.jpg

img_students_06.jpg
That's right, the ship from Galaga is one of the students.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"touch each other in ways you never dreamed"

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Also hahaha Galaga ship is a student, that's great.
Now make the Ridge Racer car a student as well

Edit: The description for the Galaga ship is great as well:

THE GALAGA SHIP IS THE MOST ALLURING, CAPTIVATING, AND ENCHANTING THING IN THE UNIVERSE.

Mesoian

Huh. Well this is the last thing I expected Hussie to be doing, especially since that Homestuck game still needs to come out.

But...cool? I dunno, I guess I need to see more.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'll bet you all forgot about this! It's still a thing.
http://namcohigh.com/

That's right, the ship from Galaga is one of the students.
This entire thing is random as hell, I'm digging it. No problems with Hussie either as I enjoy Homestuck too, probably because I never touched the fandom and just read the massive online comic in the span of a few weeks. Funny that he's finding time for this Namco thing though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If the ship from Galaga can make it into a dating game then my idea for the ship from Xevious to be a fighter in Smash isn't so nutty after all.

moozoom

I love the art ! This looks silly and funny, and I can't wait to play it.

Can't wait to see what characters they'll add next...

Top Bottom