• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm trilogy announced for PS4 [and PC/XB1]

Revven

I'll be curious to see if they will allow these three games to keep their online battles. I doubt it but man, it would actually be really neat to play any of these three online.

At best, though, I expect only the offline battles (local MP, vs human and CPU) to be available and kept. They can easily justify locking out online battles from this release for these games. Some people won't like it but I'd bet Bamco would just say, "We have a product for people who want to play Naruto online. It's called Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Road to Boruto." They'll want the fourth installment to continue to have a player base and not split the community up.

But there is a chance it could keep the feature for the games. I'm just doubting it.

ANYWAY, that aside, I'm interested in this collection because I haven't played 1 or 2 and I'd like to see how the mechanics differ; especially because 1 does some things the other games don't (that they took out, basically). 3 being included doesn't really matter to me because I've already played it but... if it includes the Full Burst expansion (which it should given they say all the DLC will be there for this collection) that's at least some new content for me to experience in 3.

Keeping my eyes on this collection. I'm doubting much effort will go into this but then the trademark for it was filed last August so they've been working on this collection for at least awhile now. Gives some chance for some minor improvements to the games.

Tagyhag

Same. They did not look as good but the gameplay was way better.

Yeah that was a shame.

The Ultimate Storm games' presentation is just superb, and those "boss battles" even with all their QTE are just dazzling.

But when it comes to actual combat, the PS2/Nintendo games are so much better it's not even funny. And some of those you could play with 4 people, so good.

Imagine a hybrid of the two.

ChouGoku

UNS 1 blew my mind when it was released It really captured the feel of playing the Anime. Hopefully they all play at 1080/60

Mesoian

I thought these were the ps2 games and almost lost my shit.

::Sigh::

I miss those games, they were so fucking good.

dawgparty

Loved 3 and Generations. Is there any reason why somebody would play 1 or 2, though? Seems like they just added more characters and options. Don't really see what the benefit would be.

Loved 3 and Generations. Is there any reason why somebody would play 1 or 2, though? Seems like they just added more characters and options. Don't really see what the benefit would be.
Ninja Storm 1 is the only Storm game where Anko appears in a semi-playable role (just an assist character), thereby making it the best game in the series.

MUnited83

For you.

The story. Each one of the games covers different sections of Naruto.

Dominator

Hell yeah, I have no strong feelings towards Naruto but the controls in these games have always felt like butter to me and I enjoy playing them. Will get this for sure.

Lifeline

I read somewhere that these games were the best way to experience the full Narutu story, how true is that?

I watched some of it and read some of the manga when I was a kid, still curious to what happened in the story.

C-Drive

I read somewhere that these games were the best way to experience the full Narutu story, how true is that?

I watched some of it and read some of the manga when I was a kid, still curious to what happened in the story.

I'd say that's true. It's only the manga story with no filler, with well-animated cut scenes.

What's funny about CC2 dropping the Wave Country arc is that they went as far as removing any references to it in both Storm 1 and 2 and then conveniently bringing it back for Generations. I wonder what happened there.

How does the story work in these games? Do they have their own self contained story each or do they repeat the story like with Dragonball games?

Tagyhag

I guess it's understandable but shame about the 30FPS.

After recently getting Ninja Storm 4 with 60FPS, it's really hard to go back to 3.

Oh well, like I said, at least this is content up the butt, you're getting a LOT of game with this pack.

I wish Generations would have been included. I liked the anime cutscenes it had and they way it told the story. Plus it had the smoothest combat and tilt cancels.

As long as Storm 2-3 have online I'll buy this collection.

Joqu

1 and 2 are supposed to be pretty damn good, yeah? I've been wanting to check these games out but the lack of 1 and 2 on PC sort of turned me off, I feel like these games need really good image quality you know? This would do though, whether it's only on PS4 or not. It looks clean.

Sesha

Yes and no. The presentation (and pacing) is superior to the anime, and you avoid all the anime filler. But there are some significant negatives. Two of the best parts of the entire series are shoved into Generations and are very slapdash. The third game rushes the final section, I felt. The fourth game tells a lot of its story through stills taken from the anime, and trims down several scenes to the point where most, if not all, of the impact is lost.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy and Trilogy coming west this fall

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/naruto-s...-trilogy-coming-west-fall#D8Uo7rUqDSTpYTMx.99
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy and Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in North America and Europe this fall, Bandai Namco announced.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy includes four titles from the Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm series, including Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst, and Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Road to Boruto, as well as downloadable content such as characters, costumes, and scenarios. It will also include an exclusive SteelBook case, Naruto art book, and bonus anime disc.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy is a digital-only collection that includes Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, and Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst. Each title will also be available as a separate purchase.

Full list of differences here: http://gematsu.com/2017/04/naruto-ultimate-ninja-storm-trilogy-debut-trailer

Amazon is listing the Legacy edition for $79.99
wkIVyFvl.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y4TQZML/?tag=neogaf0e-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y4XVWZ8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

prudislav

nice even comes to other platforms , but still no Generations :-(

Wonder if they patch 60fps to 3 like they did with 4 on steam

Glad I didn't buy boruto than I would've been incredibly pissed they we're charging $50 for it pay an extra 30 and you get 3 of the other games(basically the 3 games are $10 each

Glad I didn't buy boruto than I would've been incredibly pissed they we're charging $50 for it pay an extra 30 and you get 3 of the other games(basically the 3 games are $10 each

With the Legacy edition price, I guess the Trilogy edition is going to be $50, and $20 each game separately...

I had somehow missed this news.

They released a "trilogy" pack last year in Europe on PS3 with 2,3 and Generations for 30€. I caught up on all these games back to back, and in retrospect, the biggest flaw of these games was the incredibly tedious "adventure" part. It's fun at first to explore the world, but it eventually gets old.

Listonosh

Whoa, I've always enjoyed consuming the story of Naruto through the games more than the anime, so naturally, I'd buy this day one. Especially since for the most part, I've very much enjoyed a lot of the story arcs thus far.

Top Bottom