• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm trilogy announced for PS4 [and PC/XB1]

Revven

Wow, now I'm kicking myself for buying RtB DLC for $16 with the 20% off discount code... I could have gotten this Legacy edition for a better price...

But hey, maybe the UNS4RtB in this includes the season pass content? That would still be enough to justify buying it as getting both RtB and the season pass stuff right now is $40 on its own. It should include the season pass content, right? Doesn't the regular RtB physical copy include that content?

Because if that's the case then I might just bite on the Legacy edition anyway. I could sell my original UNS4 then.

Well, guess it is good I hadn't purchased the RtB DLC yet as I'll def be picking this up. Will be good to 100% my Achievements again.

Most of all though, finally get to play UNS1 on Xbox!

Ah Online support for Storm 3 confirmed! I'm definitely in.

Guys I really recommend not playing Storm 2 online because every match in that game was basically jutsu and ultimate spam with no combos.

Mesoian

Guys I really recommend not playing Storm 2 online because every match in that game was basically jutsu and ultimate spam with no combos.

I mean, the multiplayer in all of the games is pretty bad. They try to iterate on it but real core of the issue, assists, is too much of a staple to remove at this point. It's always been this way with CC2. They pretty much perfected the fomula with NH3 and 4, but their adherence that assists MUST be in these games basically ruined any multiplayer aspirations with 5, 6, and Storm 1, 2 and 3. Generations helped and 4 is moderately better with the KnJ limitations, but ultimately....naw.

So the story mode for 4 isn't in this at all? Because that seems real silly otherwise. But ultimately, this seems like the best way to go through the past 15 years of naruto without wasting your time. Just weird that they wouldn't include the end of the story, but I guess 4 is still selling well.

Man the story they made up in 3 is so shit...

Edit: Oh it is all 4 games then. In that case, if you were ever interested in Naruto, playing through these games is the absolute best way to do so.

Will buy if Pro gets either 60FPS or 4K support.

You don't want 60fps in these games because it's not built to run 60. On PC 60fps makes your sub bar recover faster and some animations like the team ultimate one is really janky. I would hate people who had a pro to have that faster sub bar recovery advantage on me so no thanks.

Revven

Wait, where is this confirmed? :eek:

Edit: Nevermind, I found the confirmation. It's on the last page in the gematsu article. Wow! Online battles for Storm 2 & Storm 3, that's really surprising.

Tagyhag

You don't want 60fps in these games because it's not built to run 60. On PC 60fps makes your sub bar recover faster and some animations like the team ultimate one is really janky. I would hate people who had a pro to have that faster sub bar recovery advantage on me so no thanks.

I agree that it would be unfair for online MP but aside from that it's hard to go back to Storm 3 at 30fps when you play Storm 4 at 60. It feels so much better and responsive. Plus, it looks way more fluid which makes more sense in an anime game.

ESPECIALLY on a 144hz monitor.

NoKisum

Someone fill me in: This will be my first time buying a Naruto game (wanted a game that combines all the Shippuden story in one so I can learn it properly, but Legacy will be just as good), I see the set is missing Revolution from PS360. I thought it was a bigger expansion of 3, but it seems to be its own thing. How much of the story will I be missing without it? Do I need to pick it up as well, or can it be ignored?

Revven

Someone fill me in: This will be my first time buying a Naruto game (wanted a game that combines all the Shippuden story in one so I can learn it properly, but Legacy will be just as good), I see the set is missing Revolution from PS360. I thought it was a bigger expansion of 3, but it seems to be its own thing. How much of the story will I be missing without it? Do I need to pick it up as well, or can it be ignored?

You can safely ignore it. Both Generations & Revolution were titles that were essentially stop-gap releases. In-between releases that don't have the elaborate story modes the numbered series do & did not add much if any of the new story that had been out when they were released. They were merely created to milk the franchise while it was still hot & throw fans a bone until the next numbered release. Mainly involved gameplay tweaks/changes & character additions that would be folded into the next numbered release.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Generation and Revolutions are just filler games that have nothing to do with the story presented in the numbered entrees. You can safely ignore them

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
They could fix it, if they cared enough.

NoKisum

You can safely ignore it. Both Generations & Revolution were titles that were essentially stop-gap releases. In-between releases that don't have the elaborate story modes the numbered series do & did not add much if any of the new story that had been out when they were released. They were merely created to milk the franchise while it was still hot & throw fans a bone until the next numbered release. Mainly involved gameplay tweaks/changes & character additions that would be folded into the next numbered release.

Awesome, so I can jump in on this set right away. Looking forward to it.

MUnited83

For you.

To be fair those are small issues that could be solved with enough development time.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
What the fuck, these remasters are 720p and 30fps?

They are not remasters, they are ports in a single collection...and..no? They are 1080p, only some FMV's that were originally 720p are upscaled from 720p to 1080p

KHlover

Banned
What the fuck, these remasters are 720p and 30fps?

No, they're 1080p and 30fps. Did you read the article in the post you quoted?

wforO7N.png

http://naruto-t.bn-ent.net/df/index.html

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
30FPS is dissapointing but i presume its tied to the animations like i believe 3 was when they ported it to PC

Will buy this again for Ps4 and go for platnium, i wonder if they will have seperate trophy lists.

orochi91

Oh my.

I've been wanting to try these games for a very long time, but always held off in hopes for such a bundle.

Looking forward to this.

Tagyhag

30FPS is dissapointing but i presume its tied to the animations like i believe 3 was when they ported it to PC

Will buy this again for Ps4 and go for platnium, i wonder if they will have seperate trophy lists.

That's why I still have some hope because 4's animations were tied to the framerate as well and they still made it work afterwards.

Not flawlessly, but it wasn't broken like those games that just speed up at twice the speed.

MUnited83

For you.

4 was too but then they patched it for 60fps. And according to steam's database, they've been working on a patch for 3 that probably will have 60fps support as well.

N30RYU

UNS1 the best of all them. The love they putted in it is unmatched in the sequels.

Would be great if they give an option to buy them separate digitally.

UNS1 the best of all them. The love they putted in it is unmatched in the sequels.

Would be great if they give an option to buy them separate digitally.
%100 Agree. It is a step above every other game in terms of polish.

I knew it was unlikely, but I'd hoped they might go the extra mile and add online to that title. Oh well, what we're getting isn't a bad deal.

Is there any chance PC players can play online with the PS4 community? I want the games on PC, but the community will probably die a lot faster than on PS4.

Hitta93

Banned
The games have always been great, but for those who watch the anime, how accurate do they follow the story?

Don't feel like binge watching 100s of episodes of what people tell me is better than DBZ.

Sikboy1029

Neo Member
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 1, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 2, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst will also be purchasable individually in their digital version for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC

From the Namco news post https://www.bandainamcoent.eu/news/2017/04/10/believe-it-naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-legacy-and-storm-trilogy-bring-the-entire-naruto-shippuden-epic-into-two-ultimate-collections/6100

This would explain why NUNS3 is still getting updates on SteamDB. And the games follow the story 100%

Cerbero

So uuuuh, where is the Steam version? also my girlfriend just received her ps4 copy and it has the "pro enhanced" logo, is it native 4K on the pro or what?

StereoVsn

So uuuuh, where is the Steam version? also my girlfriend just received her ps4 copy and it has the "pro enhanced" logo, is it native 4K on the pro or what?
Hmm... Not sure. Been debating on which version to buy myself. Is 30 FPS on PS4 confirmed for the first two games?

Edit: Actually, yeah, where is the Steam version?

Cerbero

Out on Steam now guys, the store pages are up, it's also downloading a 8GB update for UNS3 on my pc, so looks like they changed something on that too.

If you already have UNS 3 and 4 and want 1 and 2 go to the legacy store page, it will give you a 49% discount, so you'll only pay 20€ for both games (10€ each)

Top Bottom