• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NASA: An Iceberg Twice the Size of Atlanta breaking off Antarctica into the Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think also some fault lies with us. The consumer. We don't want to sacrifice having all our electronics on at the same time, watching TV while browsing the net on our computers. We don't want to sacrifice unlimited water and being able to just let the tap open until the water gets ice cold for us to enjoy. Or making lavish dinners for friend and family at special ocassions where we throw half of the food out after we're done.

We are a part of the problem.

7FVSHNC.png

They must really like Waffle Houses.

dont get the hate, i like wafflehouse's waffles and hashbrowns.

Sometimes you wake up and head to work, see the traffic and go, nope, im gonna get some food.

Valhelm

contribute something
Last I checked, the US are still way worse than other countries in average energy consumption per capita.

Per capita, yeah, but the US is cutting down on emissions. I'm not sure if China has made any significant effort to do so. As standards of living rise, their emissions will probably rise as well.

Valhelm

contribute something
There's no lack of heartbreak when it comes to environmental issues.
In 40 years there will be practically no fish left in our oceans, in 50 all the rainforests will be gone, extinction rates are 1,000 times higher what they would be without human activity, a few hundred million tonnes of untreated waste is dumped into the ocean every and, and on and on. Have a nice day.

It's not as if we can't stop this, though. Policy could end every single one of these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom